This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Which motionsensors can you recommend?

d3raxd3rax Member
edited December 2015 in Archive

I would like to use 4 motionsensors with Homey. I wonder which sensors you guys can recommend? Im looking for good value for money and good availbility in the Netherlands!

Comments

• Take the Aeon Multisensor (last version) it includes moisture, UV, motion, light, temperature and, how do I call it, earthquakes ;)
    Available for around 60 euros and extremely energy sufficient z-wave.
    Plus: it's damn good looking...

• Wow looks very good. Bit price though to buy 4 of them.....

• Or Fibaro multi sensor. It is smaller if not the smallest on the market, easy to hide. Has bracket easy to tilt, has built in LED on the front for nice visual feedback. Similar price. Has motion, light, temperature and vibration sensors. The only two drawback when compared to Aeon is the lack of humidity sensor and has only one CR123 battery due to the smaller size.

• The smoke detectrs from Fibaro are very nice, the motion sensor is to gimmicky.

How are the sensors:
    http://www.robbshop.nl/zipato-bewegings-en-temperatuur-sensor-zp3102

• What's gimmicky about it? The led? You can change the behavior.
    And they're cheaper if you don't need all the functions.

• honeyhoney Member
    edited December 2015

It surely does the job and cheap. In return it is huge and dont have the vital light sensor (as probably you don`t want that the motion sensor to turn on the light when it is bright and sunny).

De gustibus non est disputandum. However I think because this is the smallest it has the least visual impact. The internal LED can be programmed to work different ways or just turn it off.

• For just a little more than the zipato you can have the Fibaro: http://www.amazon.de/FIBARO-FGMS-001-Fibaro-Motionsensor-FIB_FGMS-001/dp/B00JHHNUPY/

I actually bought 3 at Amazon.it for 22€/piece! Unfortunately they're back at the normal price now...

• d3raxd3rax Member
    edited December 2015

Thats a good deal! But if I understand correctly, you can turn the 'eye' les off completely? If so the I might consider the fibaro.

• You can turn it off, you can change the color, you can change the brightness percentage, ... Enough to tweak :)
    And did I already mention they're tiny!? :P

• Fire69 said:
    You can turn it off, you can change the color, you can change the brightness percentage, ... Enough to tweak :)
    And did I already mention they're tiny!? :P

Yeah I bought three as well on Amazon.it! I really like these sensors (and have also turned off the eye).

• I'm very pleased with my 2 Aeotec Multisensor 6, lot's of sensors and also very tiny! And no shining blinking led's, I find it very annoying when I walk in the hallway and the led's are shining, blinking and pointing at me... ;-)

• Is it possible to tweak/configure the Fibaro via Homey or do you need to have a Fibaro homecenter? Or can you directly login to the Fibaro eye and configure it via that way?

• Yes, via Homey, which is a "controller". You can edit the parameter settings of any kind of Z-Wave product in the controller, the controller sends these settings to the Z-Wave product, in this case, the Fibaro Motion Sensor

• JulianJulian Member
    edited December 2015

@BasPost, thanks for the quick reply, I currently only have experience with Homewizard and that is mainly one-way traffic with COCU stuff I got.

• Since I'm a bit on a budget at the moment, I was thinking something like this could work...

• Julian said:
    @BasPost, thanks for the quick reply, I currently only have experience with Homewizard and that is mainly one-way traffic with COCU stuff I got.

I sold my HomeWizard this summer due this. I installed Domoticz on a raspberry Pi which was laying around. I even bought a cheap Z-Wave USB stick and invested in Z-Wave modules, like Fibaro and Qubino dimmers and the Aeotec multisensors. I even bought a p1-usb cable for my smart meter. This is soooooooo much better than HomeWizard could offer me.
    I'm very curious in what Homey is going to bring. When Homey can take over all what I have, then I'm selling my Domoticz stuff

• I currently also have the cocu sensor and it has a couple of disadvantages for me. First of all, no feedback, so it doesn't always turn on the light. Second, it's not very fast. And third. I have 2 sensors for the light on the stairs. On on the top floor and one on the ground floor (going to be 3 in the future because of 3 floors). But the sensors don't know about eachother, so the first one to reach to time out, will turn of the light. It would be great if they work together and the timeout is reset again when one of the sensors is triggered. Is it possible to solve these issues with z-wave sensors (and homey)? Especially the multiple sensors issue?

• There are no sensors that are aware of each other, you always have to control this through a controller.

• Fire69 said:
    There are no sensors that are aware of each other, you always have to control this through a controller.

And homey can be this controller?

• I sure hope so! :-D

• +1 on the Fibaro's. They are cute and small and work exceptionally well. They are good value for money. I wrote a review on them a while back: http://brighters.nl/2014/11/15/de-fibaro-bewegingssensor/ (in Dutch)

• Nice review! Will it be possible to upgrade te firmware by homey?

• Fire69 said:
    I sure hope so! :-D

Could someone from Homey please comment on this?

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom

josser84 said:

Fire69 said:
    I sure hope so! :-D

Could someone from Homey please comment on this?

Yes, Homey can do that!

• Can Homey also update the 

Z-Wave Aeon Labs Multisensor 6 Plus, AEOEZW100

THX!
This discussion has been closed.