This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
plugwise

Flow for Solar Panels and Plugwise Stretch?

EilandgastEilandgast Member
edited April 2018 in Questions & Help
My Solarpanels (2 strings of 9 panels) with Growatt inverter are connected to Plugwise stretch. In the Athom Pugwise-App the 2 strings turn up fine. But I've no idea what the Flow should look like to measure the Solar Energy. Please advise.
Tagged:

Comments

• No one?
  • @Eilandgast, I don't mind helping people out but asking a question like this... Did you try yourself?

There is not one "the plugwise app", which one do you mean?
    https://apps.athom.com/search?query=plugwise
    Also: what panels, what converter, what kind of meter do you have, all depends on that... I read my energy-production with the P1 app and it's really straightforward...

and

Sorry that I didnt make myself clear @bvdbos. This is the question I placed on the forum earlier (Questions & Help, Febr 2nd 2017):
    Eilandgast said:
    My Solarpanels (2 strings of 9 panels) with Growatt inverter are connected to Plugwise stretch. In the Athom Plugwise-App the 2 strings turn up fine. But I've no idea what the Flow should look like to measure the Solar Energy. Please advise.
    And I use this Plugwise app: https://apps.athom.com/app/com.plugwise (its the only one that works with my Stretch)
    And of course I did try to fix it myself, and guess: I didn't
    I will be glad to get some helpful hints still. Anybody? In a PM perhaps?

From a hardware POV:
    What hardware did you use, a stealth or a circle? You say the strings show up fine, in assume you have two converters? 18 panels on one Circle/Stretch could become dangerous. I have 12 panels and generate about 2400 W at top moments. 3600 W is over 16A while the plugs and stretch can't handle more then 16A... Also, I blame Plugwise for that (seeing this), I was told using a circle to measure the output wasn't allowed, all wires had to be fixed.

From a usage POV:
    And what do you mean by measuring Solar Energy? There's a level reported?  And you can make a flow "when Energy < 3000 W" or something like this, what do you want to do? And that level is logged in insights I presume. There's a bug in Insights BTW (bug 1258), when using the block diagram the steps are made directly after the last measurement. This is the Energy-usage of one of my plugs:

From a software POV:
    What is reported in the app? An Energy-level? Or total energy produced? Could you post a screenshot of the device-card in the apps-page?
  • Thank you very much for your help @bvdbos
    I will make some further study of my solar system. In principle the Growatt 4400 TL inverter does all the measuring and counting and communicates its data to the Plugwise Stretch wireless. Next the Stretch sents its data wireless to my home network, the Plugwise apps on my Android mobile, iPad and my wired PC. From a hardware POV, in my setting, there is no danger and no relation between the Number of solarpanels and the Plugwise Stretch. When i'm home  I will  make some screenshots of Homeys behavior.
  • Flow cards:
    Als...
    Aangezet
    De energiemeter is veranderd #Wh
    De energie is veranderd #Energie
    Uitgezet

En...
    Is aan / Is uit

Dan...
    Zet aan
    Schakel aan of uit
    Zet uit