This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official Z-Wave CommunityApp

[APP Z-Wave] NEO Coolcam Z-Wave devices - Main discussion topic

Comments

• mruiter said:
    @fire69 ; less risk....... No way.

They passed all European certifications also the ones of the z-wave Alliance.
    The risk of a fibaro catching fire is as big as a neo.

If so far just seen one plug that short circuited and the user confirmed that he had put some force on it to put his plug into it so i guess the metal that goes arround the pikkie of the plug bend or broke off.

Seen many blown fibaro plugs on all kinds of forums this last year.
    Nevertheless, the design is so that a short circuit just gives a big bang and no fire.

I saw the pictures ZperX posted for the motion sensor, and I opened up my door sensor today.
    Those look very good on the inside, so I don't think it's Chinese crap anymore :)

Don't know about this plug, not enough knowledge to judge it. :)
  • RuudvB said:
    mruiter said:

:D And for the record, i don't hold Neo Coolcam shares :)

I'm just the guy with the most plugs and sensors in NL

Maybe at the moment, but I'm working on that  :p
    Got my PIR and water sensor today.
    Will you ever have 50 pirs ?
  • mruitermruiter Member
    edited December 2016
    @caseda this nice cheap zwave chip had way better reception then my fibaros
    Moest weer goedkoop is realy paying off here  :p  
  • mruiter said:
    RuudvB said:
    mruiter said:

:D And for the record, i don't hold Neo Coolcam shares :)

I'm just the guy with the most plugs and sensors in NL

Maybe at the moment, but I'm working on that  :p
    Got my PIR and water sensor today.
    Will you ever have 50 pirs ?
    Wow 50 PIRs!! You must be living in a castle? If not, please share some insights of why to use 50 of them....
    Also, buying 50 of those would set you back for 1500 - 2500 euro depending on the type. That's a real investment on PIR's only  :#
  • My body is my castle ... Or was it temple.....

But not all 50 are in use yet but getting there.

1 Shed, 1 garage 1 , 1 garage 2, 2 front garden, 3 back garden, Kitchen 1 , 2 Main room , 1 Halway, 1 Stairs 1, 1 stairs 2, 1 stairs 3, 2 x attic, 4 x bethroom ,

Stil need placement basement , halway attic , Utilitys cabinet,

Sideproject , gonna adapt 1 of the public streetlights that annoys me to switch on off only when people walk arround

Still have some spares but have a homey in my office building to so thats were the others will go to.

• Ok, you win B)

I'm not sure if I dare to ask.... 4x in the bedroom???

On the serious side, I would be interested in a couple of flows you use for the PIR's. Good chance I might learn something.
  • mruitermruiter Member
    edited December 2016
    4 bedrooms so 1 in every one of them , you are realy a perv @ruudvb ; :D
  • To come back to my earlier request for information of Shenzhen Neo electronics on the maximum load.

My response to the first reaction from Shenzhen customer support:
    Just to be clear; this is also applicable for the Z-wave version of the power plug?
    On your company site (http://www.szneo.com/en/products/show.php?id=189) still indicates a max power of 2000W; whereas 230V * 13W = 2990W? A lot of resellers are using this picture...Is this an outdated picture / info?
    For the iHomekit version of this plug (http://www.szneo.com/en/products/show.php?id=178) it shows the 13A current.

And their response of this morning:

Sorry, we did not update the images on our site.
    just now:
    Z-WAVE: 13A is recommended not to exceed 2500W
    IHomekit: 10A is recommended not to exceed 2000W

I still don't see the picture changed on their website..

But, after RTFM-ing the manual that came with the power plug... the statement from customer support is consistent with the manual (see tips on page 4): "shouldn't exceed 2500W to avoid damaging the power plug" 

• I Just added support for the siren to the 1.1.3 update will be posted as soon as Athom has checked it. I Think i now have every device supported in the App. As soon as new devices come available i will order and add them. NEO has reported that they are working on inwall switches and dimmers.
  • thx @mruiter for your work!
    i don't have a neo device so far but that will change in the near future i think ;-)

• Any tips for the PIR settings? The battery is drained pretty fast.. 
  • Draining was probably caused by the processsendata bug in Homey. Are you on 1.0.5 already.
    Then it should be fixed (most part then) because i do still see some ling processdata's come by in my zwave logging.

• Jerryvdv said:
    Any tips for the PIR settings? The battery is drained pretty fast.. 

The PIR settings, according to the manual, does not have a possibility to set detection “On/Off”, which send to Homey, to: Only during daytime.

This possibility exists for sending to an associated device directly (without passing through Homey).

If I understand correctly, this means that its PIR is always “detecting” and using power.

There is only an option to turn it off completely – no detection at all.

But perhaps I missed something…

• dnhaasdnhaas Member
    edited January 2017
    Stepped on my NEO plug, housing broke. so i taked it apart to see whats on the inside. and share with the community.
    thing looks pretty nice on the inside

At this picture are some components missing, i removed them, and bend the capacitors to see the relay
  • Updated Neo app version (v1.1.7) has been released today in the app store:
    Change Log:
    v 1.1.7
    update:
    NAS-PD01ZE - Fixed LUX reporting based on threshold setting
    NAS-PD01ZE - Added battery alarm trigger card
    NAS-PD01ZE - Regrouping settings based on function + textual updates settings / labels / hints
    NAS-WR01ZE - Regrouping settings based on function + textual updates settings / labels / hints
    notes:
    NAS-PD01ZE - LUX reporting based on interval setting is not working; under clarification with manufacturer

Major app / driver update to the Neo motion sensor.

Illumination reporting is working again based on the Illumination threshold setting only.
    Illumination reporting interval is still not working; I'm awaiting feedback of the manufacturer to resolve this.

In addition also the illumination switch on function has been implemented; enabling to add another Z-wave device to association group 2 to directly be switched on and off by the motion sensor.

This function is working based on the switch ON/OFF command (resp. 255 and 0), but appears not to be working with a multilevel device (dimmer like the Fibaro dimmer-2).

So 2 open issues for the motion sensor left:
    1) illumination reporting interval
    2) illumination switch on function in combination with dimmer

Let me know if you run into issues.

General note: best / most reliable way to update the settings is to wake-up the motion sensor by 3x pressing the button of the motion sensor (fast) and press save settings during the flashing of the motion sensor LED. Under normal circumstances, the motion sensor will flash 5x, indicating that it "Power on and Already Added in a Z‐Wave Network"

• I Just submitted the 1.1.8 update to the app store.

This fixed the Siren driver error that made the app crash when using in a flow
    Updated the latest zwave lib

And most important - Support added for the Neo Touch Dual Wall Switch.
    This driver is not tested with any hardware yet as its a brand new product.

Please contact me if you already have the wall switch to confirm that it works or to fix what doesn't

• Received 2 Neo touch wall switches today. Pairing with homey went ok.
    With a simple flow i want to trigger a light in the living room.
    When left button is touched light should go on, but no luck.
    You can hear the switch internally switch on or off.
    Test running the flow within homey desktop app goes perfect. 
    So my guess is that the switch does not send the signal to homey?
    My switch is for the moment hanging right beside homey, so no distance .
    Can you take a look at that?

If any logs are needed just let me know how i can generate these to help you.
  • The night mode of the motion sensor is still not working for me. On the other day i set the the turn on limit to 30 lux and placed it underneath an LED tape. The sensor reported back 2300 lux however it was still turning on the motion alert. What is wrong?
  • @DMK I think @mruiter is already or will be in contact with you on the additional data to complete the NEO touch switch implementation into the app

@ZperX can you provide more information about this (which SW/APP version, settings, steps taken)?
    During the implementation into the app, I tested this function quite extensively before releasing it.
    If possible, can you create an Github issue for this at https://github.com/mruiter/com.neo/issues so that I can follow-up (in more detail)?
  • @DMK I'm only on the forum once a week.
    As mentioned in the changelog the wallswitch driver is based on the documentation and has no real testing yet.
    I ordered one but it got lost in shipment from china to NL and they just resend it last week so ill have to wait some more to get one.

In order to see whats wrong i would need the debug log that homey puts on the console when you run the NEO app from the github and not from appstore.
    Can you do this for me ?

When you have started the app with "athom project --run" you will see the app starting and first spitting out all command classes of the switch. Then some first communications with it.
    After that i would like you to first turn on S1 , wait 5 seconds and turn of S1 again.
    After that the same for S2 and then cut copy paste all the text that was spitted out to the console in a txt file to me on slack or by mail.
    That would give some more clues about what goes wrong without having the fysical device in hands.
  • @TedTolboom

Homey: 1.1.4
    Neo: 1.1.13

Step1: Removed the sensor from the Z-wave network
    Step2: Readded the sensor to the Z-wave network (1m away from homey)
    Step3: Moved the sensor to a room (in homey).
    Step4: I chose these settings:

Step5: Pressed the B button 3 times. The red LED lights up.
    Step6: Press the save button. It is acknowledged that settings has been saved.
    Step7: Placed the sensor underneath an LED tape. Illumination is reported as 2300 lux. The settings has been saved as the red LED does not lit up on movement. However the movement alert still turns on despite the high level of illumination.
  • @ZperX thanks for the feedback. Settings are saved correctly; so that should not be the issue.

Based on your description, I think it's an interpretation issue... where you expect that no motion alarm will be triggered if the illumination is above the specified Illumination level (39 lux)...

The function as actually implemented into the sensors firmware (not driver or app) is that it will not send a switch on command to the associated device (e.g. power plug) if the illumination level is above the specified level.
    So if you e.g. associate a power plug to association group 2, it will only switch on if motion is detected with an illumination level below 39 lux and will automatically switch off after 181 seconds if no motion is re-triggered. 

So this is different to the implementation used in the night mode of the Fibaro motion sensor; where also the motion alarm reports are surpressed by the sensor itself.

I deliberately rephrased the parameters (and corresponding hints), compared to the Chinglish manual provided with the sensor, to the ones implemented in the app to avoid this misinterpretation. If you have suggestions to further improve, please let me know.
  • mruiter said:
    @DMK I'm only on the forum once a week.
    As mentioned in the changelog the wallswitch driver is based on the documentation and has no real testing yet.
    I ordered one but it got lost in shipment from china to NL and they just resend it last week so ill have to wait some more to get one.

In order to see whats wrong i would need the debug log that homey puts on the console when you run the NEO app from the github and not from appstore.
    Can you do this for me ?

When you have started the app with "athom project --run" you will see the app starting and first spitting out all command classes of the switch. Then some first communications with it.
    After that i would like you to first turn on S1 , wait 5 seconds and turn of S1 again.
    After that the same for S2 and then cut copy paste all the text that was spitted out to the console in a txt file to me on slack or by mail.
    That would give some more clues about what goes wrong without having the fysical device in hands.
    I did expect some hick ups based on your description , so no problem with that.
    Bought mine in NL webshop.
    I am not at home for the moment. Will try to do this tonight.

Thanks in advance!
  • @mruiter can you give some more directions on how to do the debug log procedure?

Download Github version of the app and install onto homey?
    And then?
    Working on iMac

Will look in developers section to see if i can find any guidance there in existing posts also.

• TedTolboomTedTolboom Member
    edited February 2017
    DMK said:
    @mruiter can you give some more directions on how to do the debug log procedure?

Download Github version of the app and install onto homey?
    And then?
    Working on iMac

Will look in developers section to see if i can find any guidance there in existing posts also.

@DMK:
    Download latest app from: https://github.com/mruiter/com.neo
    Follow the steps mentioned in this post: https://forum.athom.com/post/quote/1448/Discussion_1448
    - Homey = at node 4.7.2
    - if install of athom-cli fails, try to use: "sudo npm install -g athom-cli"
    - In the last step, use "athom project --run" to run the app on your Homey (select your Homey)
    - Debug logging will be provided into the terminal

Afterwards, CTRL-c to exit the app and use "athom project --install to install the app on your Homey; so that it also will be available after a reboot. 

If all issues are solved (guess Marco will make some modifications and request you to test), you can install the next version of the app from the app store.
  • @TedTolboom thanks for the How to guide. i get an error message incompatible_app_version when running the app. Downloaded the app from GitHub so not sure what is the problem. To be complete, homey on 1.1.2 .

• The current version of the app is only compatible from version 1.1.3 and up.
    I guess/think the new stable will arrive any second now. We are testing the latest 1.1.8 version as we speak.
    All is looking good.
  • @mruiter Ok. No problem. I am not in a hurry.
    Patience is a good attitude with Homey. and al is working fine, so the switches are not essential for it to work.
    From the moment on Homey is updated, i will do as asked and inform you. Thanks for the help.
  • mruitermruiter Member
    edited February 2017
    Thx , will do my best to get it working asap then !
  • At first; sorry next is in dutch.  If your interstet please ask someone to translate. its kind odf dificult for me to translate it well.

goedenavond,    ik heb ergens gezegd dat ik de neo tussenstekker zou testen met onze wasdroger.
    Ik weet echter niet meer waar.  mogelijk was het op Slack.
    Ik heb het inmiddels uitgeprobeerd en het werkt "bijna" goed.
    Zoals ik al dacht gaat het met het relais in de stekker goed, omdat dit vast aangetrokken staat, en de stroom vrij kan lopen, zonder schakeling wat een vonk, dus inbranden tot gevolg heeft.
    Echter,  als het energie gebruik BOVEN de 3000 watt komt, slaat de tussen stekker op rood knipperen en schakelt uit.
    Bij mij zit er af en toe een piekspanning in de machine die alles uitschakelt.  gelukkig gebeurt dit alleen tijdens het opstarten, zodat er geen gevaar is voor oververhitting.  (let hier aub op als u dit ook gaat doen)
    vervogens heb ik een flow gemaakt die mij zegt dat de stekker is aangezet.  homey zegt  Wasdroger aangezet.
    Toen heb ik een flow gemaakt dat als de energie verbruik is minder dan 300 watt, Homey zegt;   Het lijkt erop dat de wasdroger is gestopt.
    Gevolg hiervan is dat  deze melding gezegd wordt als  1. stekker slaat op rood knipperen . of   2.  het programma is klaar.   of 3.   in mijn geval gaat de droger over in kreukbeveiliging, waarbij hij om de paar minuten de motor gebruikt om links en rechtsom te draaien.
    ik krijg dus steeds een melding om de paar minuten dat het lijkt dar de droger klaar is.
    Ik ben er dus blij mee.... :)