This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

[BETA Release] HomeyDash a Dashboard app for homey

Comments

• And nobody found the suprise in my update post? :tongue:
  • spoellyspoelly Member
    edited January 2017
    @swttt is it the default wallpaper from homey? :)
  • @spoelly Indeed the background :smile:
    it grabs the current background from homey
  • @swtt : when I try to add a widget I get add new page. If I hover over the plus sign I get the following link: http://192.168.2.48/app/com.swttt.homeydash/#!/setup/pages/newpage???
  • swttt said:
    Oh by the way, the current beta on github has no widget dialog! So for now you can't add any widgets.
    No need to install it for now :smile:
    @HansieNL this explains it ;)
  • spoelly said:
    swttt said:
    Oh by the way, the current beta on github has no widget dialog! So for now you can't add any widgets.
    No need to install it for now :smile:
    @HansieNL this explains it ;)
     :o 
  • @HansieNL @spoelly
    Ye sorry, didn't got time to finish it yesterday. Still allot of work in the widgets part, hope to finish it tonight! :smile:
  • swttt said:
    @Menno
    1 post before you:
    "Oh by the way, the current beta on github has no widget dialog! 
    My reading is not that sharp at 06.47 :wink:

But I saw drag (and drop) working at the setting pages. I was not able to drop it at a different place. I will do some more testing when you've an other version available with widgets option.

Good luck with the work!

• Menno said:
    @swttt
    Also I didn't have a background color
    So I found the hidden feature hehehe (but it was not working)

(I've never set the homey background)

I did an quick check and indeed after changing it, it is showing when I changed it back to the one it was (default) also that one was showing. (So keep this in mind not sure what you check but if it doesn't exist then select the default one)

So what have I won???? next version for free???
  • swtttswttt Member
    edited January 2017
    @Menno Hehe, should have been fixed btw :smile:

Maybe i can start some kind of github slack channel, so we don't pollute the forum this much on pretty early pre beta releases :smile:

• I'm more a forum reader, so I don't mind. Love to see this (part) project come to live

• where can i download 0.0.5 ?  

Only see 0.0.4 on git

Thanks
  • swtttswttt Member
    edited January 2017
    Do note that 0.0.5 isnt able to add widgets!
    will add it later tonight...
  • swttt said:
    Do note that 0.0.5 isnt able to add widgets!
    will add it later tonight...
    will wait then , thanks
  • Sorry, almost finished it... but is taking up allot of time :/ will have the time again tomorrow to fix this.
  • swttt said:
    Sorry, almost finished it... but is taking up allot of time :/ will have the time again tomorrow to fix this.
    No worries
  • Another little milestone for Homey (and in this case a tribute to homeydash) :) 
    (soon a QI charger will be behind it for charging and minimum cable effect mostly) 

• What did you use, beacuse it looks GREAT!!!!!!
  • @ericjanvanputten welcome to the wallmounted club! 
    Don't no if you know it, but you can also on/off other devices with the better logic bitflip
  • edited January 2017
    What did you use, beacuse it looks GREAT!!!!!!
    The cheapest case I could find with one of those flaps on the screen - which i cut off :) 
    Behind it is actually an electrical socket 'hole' so i drilled 2 holes in the case and screwed it into the screwholes of the socket... and presto it seems pretty strong :>

(i mean the 'inbouwdoos' but no idea what that is in english ... build-in-box.. :))
  • Look at www.hedgie.net
    A simple product to attache your tablet to a wall.

• Look at www.hedgie.net
    A simple product to attache your tablet to a wall.

• I also checked hedgie out after i ordered all this and for my situation i think this what i have works fine, but the hedgie would have been the other solution i would have considered.. the only thing that i wasnt sure enough (depends on how strong the magnet is) is the magnet is in the middle... what happens if you press the ipad button to hard, the ipad would move right? (not sure how hard you would need to press to have that happening)

AND although i think the removing and mounting is easier then in a case like i have, because of the flexibility you could mount your ipad not horizontally (level) which could be a downside... 

• Ow and although i have ordered a QI charger, if any of you know a flat usb cable with corner lightning plug (like qi chargers for ios devices) i would welcome that ... the QI charger is more of a 'have too' solution...
  • @ericjanvanputten hedgie is not a magnet. Its like 'klittenband'. But very strong.
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    edited January 2017
    I've bought this some years ago, but never used it:

(http://www.dx.com/p/wall-power-socket-usb-charging-module-white-296675#.WHkpdRsrJPY)

I was planning to put this in a wall box and put a tablet in front of it, but I never found a clean way to get the USB cable to the tablet without it being too visible... :disappointed:
    Don't really know how to solve this problem. :error:
  • @Fire69
    Depends on how good you are with soldering/wiring <span>:tongue:</span>
    You could open up the case of your tablet, find the usb port and solder a new wire to it, drill a hole in the back and voila!
    But that is then permanently mounted :smile:

• New update on the cloud branch on github! :smile:
    Last test before releasing it to the appstore.

Current changes:
    - Removed Hapi service from the app
    - Made the dashboard available trough the athom cloud (secured)
    - Changed the settings page with links (new urls to access the dashboard!)
    - Default pages are stored local (every dashboard can have it's own default page)
    - Added a setting to dimm the dashboard on idle (default 5 seconds, can be disabled)
    - Drag and drop for pages and widgets in setup->pages page (to change order)
    - Background image is the same as homey it's background
    - Removed dialogs for add and remove page/widgets.
    - Added socket icon for On/Off capability
    - Added dim capability
    - Page name can be changed
  • Will give it a try! brb