This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

New App Sunrise -> Replaced by Sun Events!

Comments

• Press +
    For option 2
    (right corner next to time)

+1 for option 2 ;)
  • edited November 2016
    Hi All,

I have rebuild the app completely and renamed it to Sun Events I know there still some bugs in it but I already want it to show it so that if you have comments/suggestions I might be able add/change it. In the meantime I try to fix the bugs but tomorrow I go to the Homey Office

https://github.com/magtimmermans/com.cyclone-software.sunevents

Please,  issues on Github.
  • lexlex Member
    edited November 2016
    The drop-down list is imho definitely an improvement (compared to rotation through the cards).   :) 
  • Unfortunately, the app is still not processed in the store. It's maybe not allowed to have 2 similar apps in the store. @Annemarie  told me they get in touch with me. But until now no reaction. They are probably very busy prepare shipping etc :)  
  • Awesome app!
    I would like Homey to read the time of the sun event when a flow is starting and then I get this:

Is it possible to just get the time string? (I think the token is also labeled time. ).

Keep up the good work! 
  • Qx5 said:
    Awesome app!
    I would like Homey to read the time of the sun event when a flow is starting and then I get this:

Is it possible to just get the time string? (I think the token is also labeled time. ).

Keep up the good work! 
    2 Questions:

1) Is this the app in the store or from Github (Sun Events)
    2) So you mean without the date and day? What would be a good format YYYYMMDD HH:mm?
  • Qx5 said:
    blablabla
    2 Questions:

2) So you mean without the date and day? What would be a good format YYYYMMDD HH:mm?
    1) It's Sunrise from the store
    2) A format that Homey would pronounce correctly in a HH:mm format. (Maybe multiple tokens with date and other info? HH:mm seems to be pronounced perfectly by Homey.)
  • Qx5 said:
    Qx5 said:
    blablabla
    2 Questions:

1) It's Sunrise from the store
    2) A format that Homey would pronounce correctly in a HH:mm format. (Maybe multiple tokens with date and other info? HH:mm seems to be pronounced perfectly by Homey.)
    Ok, thanks. I will look into this
  • edited November 2016
    Hi All,

Unfortunately the new app Sun-Event is rejected. The way I have setup the dropdown list is not according the homey rules and should be back to the cards, which was the mean reason of updating the app. Secondly I have some design mistake in checking the timing which can cause to much resource of homey. This is something I will look into. However I can still not publish the app to the app store because of the first item. Personally I like the list much more and is dynamic as you can make your own events. So I am not sure what to do yet and I will think about it. So there will be probably not an update.

Secondly it is not possible to leave the old app in the store (to let people change when they feel to|) and have a new one into the store. Which I can understand from their side. So IF there will be an update I will remove the old app.
  • Can you not create a list of values in the Settings/#homey:app area?
  • hnijveen said:
    Can you not create a list of values in the Settings/#homey:app area?
    I am not sure what you mean. So when you have this list, what do we do with this?
  • edited November 2016
    Updated on github to be more resource friendly. Please use this version to test. If this is working ok. I will removed the Sunrise app and try to get this trough the store. 
  • The sunrise app has been removed (did causes crashes in some cases). This was my first homey app and not completely well designed. I have replaced it now the app Sun Events and is currently live!
  • @MarcelTimmermans

does the app download times / events so it will work even if the internet goes down ? 

Thanks for this great app !  

• djesko said:
    @MarcelTimmermans

does the app download times / events so it will work even if the internet goes down ? 

Thanks for this great app !  

Yes, it will.

Thanks
  • Thanks for the app, using it for a couple of weeks and works great for me. Since Homey 1.1.0 now supports tags from apps, would it be feasible to get boolean tag on wether it is dark or not? Saves me a couple of flows to write this in a variable every morning & night.

I guess the tricky bit here is to define what is light and dark, considering the different sunset and rise events. Perhaps 3 tags, civil light (true after dawn), nautical light (true after nautical dawn) etc. This way tag nautical light will be true (e.g.) between 7.30 and 19.00, while tag civil light will be true between 7.43 and 18.44...

I would like to use this as a condition to switch on a light for example (doorbell pressed, turn on light in hallway, but only if civil light is false).
  • woei said:
    Thanks for the app, using it for a couple of weeks and works great for me. Since Homey 1.1.0 now supports tags from apps, would it be feasible to get boolean tag on wether it is dark or not? Saves me a couple of flows to write this in a variable every morning & night.

I guess the tricky bit here is to define what is light and dark, considering the different sunset and rise events. Perhaps 3 tags, civil light (true after dawn), nautical light (true after nautical dawn) etc. This way tag nautical light will be true (e.g.) between 7.30 and 19.00, while tag civil light will be true between 7.43 and 18.44...

I would like to use this as a condition to switch on a light for example (doorbell pressed, turn on light in hallway, but only if civil light is false).
    i'm sure you can make these if you also use the app better logic
  • glijie said:
    i'm sure you can make these if you also use the app better logic
    Yes you can, but convenience (and reliability) was exactly the point :-). I hope @MarcelTimmermans does see the value.
  • woei said:
    Thanks for the app, using it for a couple of weeks and works great for me. Since Homey 1.1.0 now supports tags from apps, would it be feasible to get boolean tag on wether it is dark or not? Saves me a couple of flows to write this in a variable every morning & night.

Hi, I am willing to look into this. But what would be the definition when it is light or dark. For me a it is a few minutes before sunset for others maybe later....
  • woeiwoei Member
    edited January 2017
    Hi, I am willing to look into this. But what would be the definition when it is light or dark. For me a it is a few minutes before sunset for others maybe later....
    Hi Marcel,

I am grateful that you are at least willing to look into it. I think there is not a single definition of light or dark indeed, but what I suggested is that there are basically 3 types of light you can test for with 3 different tags as mentioned above. If this is not clear I will draw up a quick time diagram tomorrow to clarify.

Also I believe it is very relevant that this is used as a test condition in other flows, not as a trigger. A couple of minutes off is not a big issue here I think. For this you do not need the granularity you can get with the sun events and trigger offsets. The goal of these tags is event driven (non sun event that is, like motion sensor or doorbell). If something happens and only if its dark (or light), i want something to happen.
  • I drew a quick outline of what I mean with this. the tags should have the value true at red and false at green (just realise I swapped the colors)

As you can see the sun event is very applicable as a trigger, and the tag is usable as a test condition for all other intends and purposes.
  • woei said:
    I drew a quick outline of what I mean with this. the tags should have the value true at red and false at green (just realise I swapped the colors)

As you can see the sun event is very applicable as a trigger, and the tag is usable as a test condition for all other intends and purposes.
    Thanks.Currently I am very busy. But I will look into this.
  • woei said:
    I drew a quick outline of what I mean with this. the tags should have the value true at red and false at green (just realise I swapped the colors)

Almost there :)

• Awesome @MarcelTimmermans! Much appreciated.
  • @woei Hi, I have put the latest version on Github. Could you test it?
  • Hi @MarcelTimmermans, installed. Will report the results in a couple of days. Thanks!
  • Hi @MarcelTimmermans, haven't experienced any issues with this up to this point, so great job! Have there been any other people testing this feature?
  • woei said:
    Hi @MarcelTimmermans, haven't experienced any issues with this up to this point, so great job! Have there been any other people testing this feature?
    Great, yes a few more people are testing. 
  • Can anybody confirm the app is not working anymore? I have several flows that turns the lights out when the event "ochtendschemering" is triggered but it doesn't do anything at this time. When I press test then it works without any problems. Also the trigger log stays empty, see screenshot. Any ideas?

• glijieglijie Member
    edited January 2017
    Count_B said:
    Can anybody confirm the app is not working anymore? I have several flows that turns the lights out when the event "ochtendschemering" is triggered but it doesn't do anything at this time. When I press test then it works without any problems. Also the trigger log stays empty, see screenshot. Any ideas?

is working over here, did it work before? or just installed the app?
    maybe show a flow?