This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

New App Sunrise -> Replaced by Sun Events!

Comments

• Can this be added to the appstore?
  • Yes, Will be on Monday. I hope that everyone can test before that. I am testing myself a lot but my homey is not stable at all since 0.10.1. So if I found something I am not sure if it is software or Homey's OS
  • Updated and flow installed! Let's see what happens ;)

• I have 0.10.1 firmware and 0.0.3 app. The app did not trigger my flow. I have a sunset starts -20 min trigger card.
  • Same here
  • same here :) The weird thing is that the function is triggered that fires a trigger to homey. I will look into this.
  • Hello, any one here that has still a previous version of the OS < 0.10.1. Seems a problem in OS 0.10.1.
  • Hello, any one here that has still a previous version of the OS < 0.10.1. Seems a problem in OS 0.10.1.
    Send problem to support. Cannot find the issue, seems a problem in 0.10.1
    Send problem to support. Cannot find the issue, seems a problem in 0.10.1
    and fixed it :) New version on github. Better logging when you start it with 'athom project --run com.cyclone-software.sunrise'
  • last small change! Should now be ready for store.
  • installed it, I will test it.
  • I have published the latest version to app store. Thanks everyone for testing!
  • Hopefully athom will approve it soon!
  • Sad to see this has no 'and' card options, so I can't use it with my complex flows to replace the standard Athom cards :(
  • MarkSwift said:
    Sad to see this has no 'and' card options, so I can't use it with my complex flows to replace the standard Athom cards :(
    I am working on this currently....
  • hmm, a basic flow:

but I had to trigger it manually.
  • honeyhoney Member
    edited October 2016
    This has triggered the flow at 18:51. The sunset was at 18:31 (UK). I had the impression that the -20 will trigger the flow 20 minutes before the start of the sunset.

I have the 0.0.5 version of the app and the 0.10.1 firmware.
  • TheoDeKoningTheoDeKoning Member
    edited October 2016
    For me is programming an app the same as playing chess.
    The moving of the chess pieces I can follow but playing it, no way.   :)
    Still I want to try to help with the sun event problems.

In Excel the calculation is done internally in numbers.
    The presentation can in a lot of different types, like money, date and time, lots of number-formats,  ect.
    So, if you change the time 17:36 in 1056 (17*60+36.) Then 20 minutes before becomes 1036.
    Calculating 1036 back you get 17:16 to display.
    This can be done in functions you make. HMS2Num and Num2HMS.

What I don't no is how you have to put that 17:16 some where in Homey to let it do what 17:36 do, if you do it by hand
    in a flow-card. Maybe Homey works already intern with numbers.

Because of the different timezones where Homey would be used, there shall be a lot of cases where the using of UT in calculation are really needed. Also for using the JD (JulianDate) is that a better way in e.g the apps.   

• ah, ok. Just updated to 0.0.5. We will see tomorrow.  :|
  • I have published the latest version to app store. Thanks everyone for testing!
    So now u only have to click "Publish"?
  • edited October 2016
    Thanks for the feedback. I have a number of problems with the offset. I removed the app from the publish queue so that I can first check what is wrong. I am not sure if there is an issue because of saving settings or a bug in my app. For now I will wait at least for the update 0.10.2. 

Another problem is when you have different offsets with the same trigger in different flows. The first arg is used also in the other flows.

When there is a new version, I will let you know this here. Using an offset of 0 should be working ok. I have also implemented in the meantime the 'and' function. But this is not published yet.
  • np, happy with testing from git
  • You are doing a great job!
  • New version on git.  conditions added and unfortunately offset in triggers removed. I need to find a solution for this but talking to the developers @Athom  didn't help. 
  • Did you check the sunset flow: https://forum.athom.com/discussion/1899/flow-example-trigger-xx-minutes-before-sunset/p1. Seems this is a good basic algorithm to work with in your app.
  • in 0.0.6 no offset against sunset?
  • edited October 2016
    hnijveen said:
    in 0.0.6 no offset against sunset?
    Nope, at least now for now. Only in the and cards. I need to find a correct way to trigger the same cards with different offsets.

If you have two card with the same event: I can only fire :smile: 
    Homey.manager('flow').trigger(eventname);

which will fire both events, of course I can then check:
    Homey.manager('flow').on('trigger.eventname, function( callback, args ) {
                     callback( null, true );
    });

and check when of the card reaches the trigger+offset, but then I need to restart all timers again. 

So maybe in another release.
  • @MarcelTimmermans  could it be that I am missing "dawn (morning nautical twilight ends, morning civil twilight starts)" in the Dutch translations in your app? Not able to find it or maybe I am missing it? 

• @MarcelTimmermans  could it be that I am missing "dawn (morning nautical twilight ends, morning civil twilight starts)" in the Dutch translations in your app? Not able to find it or maybe I am missing it? 

Hi, Maybe my translation is not complete correct :) "Zonsopgang (begin ochtendschemering)"
  • Why is your app picture indicating the sequence is dawn, twilight, sunset, noon, sunrise,....?