This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Lost devices after power interruption

After a power interruption I've lost most but not all devices. All flows and settings are still in place. How do I get back my devices?

Comments

• Try to reboot a couple of times, they should probably come back. You lost devices but the apps are still installed?
  • Yes, all apps are stil there. The zones are a mix of the details and my own.

i'll try another reboot.
  • I've tried 3 reboots without luck. Can't I restore last nights backup?
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    edited January 2017
    Nopa, that's not possible. You could try pulling the plug (PTP) once of more times. Actually that's the same as a power-blackout btw... But no worry's ;-). Be sure to let Homey start up long enough after powering up again...
  • Still no joy <span>:neutral:</span> The strange thing is that when I go into flows, I still can see all devices. They just show up under Devices in the zone hierarchy.
  • You could try to add a device (on the risk it can't be fixed anymore) or you could mail support@athom.com, maybe they have a working solution... On your mobile, do you see the devices there?
  • I've raised a ticket with support. Hopefully they can help, because I'm not looking forward to re-include all my wave devices.

Thank Bas!
  • If I remember correctly, I've seem somebody who had this problem also.
    Athom was able to fix this manually I think.
    If you really still see them in your flows, they must still be 'somewhere'.
  • Fire69 said:
    If I remember correctly, I've seem somebody who had this problem also.
    Athom was able to fix this manually I think.
    If you really still see them in your flows, they must still be 'somewhere'.
    Was this after contacting support@athom or by posting at the Forum.

I do have the same problem. It looks like the devices I lost are my Plugwise Circles. All other devices are still visible in Zones&Devices. Homey can also contact the Circles because the flows keep working.
  • I do have the same problem. It looks like the devices I lost are my Plugwise Circles. All other devices are still visible in Zones&Devices. Homey can also contact the Circles because the flows keep working.
    It appears Homey can't contact the Circles in Flows either. I thought it did, but it was a schedule still running in the Stretch itself. :(
  • Which plugwise-app did you use? There's three apps for the Circles...
  • @dmontanje I've had the same thing this week. Also the Homey device (object) itself is missing, right? For me the only resolution was to do a full factory reset and manually add all devices, flows etc. At least you could make a backup of BL and your flows with the backup-app a before doing the reset. After restore you must manually repair the flows with the missing devices.

I hope you find a way where you do not have to do the factory reset, but in my case @Emile researched and found no way to get the devices back. In Homey's roadmap there is a feature planned to make full backups so you can restore to a certain point in time.
  • @gruijter_dev everything works as 'normal' with the exception of zones. All default zones are restored except one. This zone contains the 9 devices as is should. The devices in the missing zones don't appear.

i've tries to recreate one of the missing zones by using the same name. Unfortunately this trick didn't work. Must be restored by reconnection via database ID's.
  • And the backup/restore functionality is probably not as sexy as other features to attract new customers but for existing user crucial!
  • I had the same 2 weeks ago. Still have lost devices after the zones where set to default. Had to deinstall the apps and install again to recover. Some better logic bit flip devices are still in the hidden zones.

There is no other way to recover IMHO starting building zones from scratch again and deinstalling the apps with the lost devices.
  • But to clarify : A powerloss is the same as pulling the plug and it's the only way to turn off Homey...
  • Small update.... feedback from support states that my problem should be solved in the next software update. All devices should be visible again and available to be assigned to zones.
  • Same issue here. After a reboot about 80% of my devices disappeared from the device list. The flows still contain the devices and they do not show a 'device missing' error. Let's hope this update that will solve it is released soon. Any thoughts when it might be available?