This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Request: Device picker flows in a treeview per room, like devices, now it's timeconsuming! [0.8.17]

Maybe already asked somewhere, but I used search and couldn't find it. Especially not as a seperate thread. I've got 55 devices now in Homey, and when creating flows it's quite cumbersome and timeconsuming to find the right devices. This is because it is a LONG list of devices. (Compliments b.t.w., it is MUCH better already picking devices then the first firmware for first-batch-backers :+1: )

Why is there such a LOVELY hierarchy of devices in the devices-section of Homey, and is the same idea not used for the flow-editor? I would _LOVE_ to pick devices by first selecting the floor, room, etc., and THEN picking the right device. 

In my end-set-up I'm going to have 200-300 devices in Homey, and this will also be the set-up we want to sell to our customers and then implement. If 55+ devices is problematic, then 200-300 will certainly be.

My request is to use same nice hierarchy in the flow-editor as which is used at the device section.

((Off-topic: Compliments! Homey is getting better and better every firmware and I'm growing more and more in love with it! It's going to be LEGEN-----wait for it----DARY very soon and take on the world!!!))

Scrolling, scrolling, scrolling:  :wink: 

Comments

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    I'll think about it :) In the meantime, you can use the search box ;-)
  • Fair, but _then_ I want longer names visible, because I need enough search words to include which room/zone/floor they are in and all other details needed to find them. :wink:   (I wink, but am also bit serious, cause usability is 70% in this part, and I _know_ for a fact you could do 90%+.  However, it _is_ shouldhave I think, not musthave like other issues/bugs. :smile:   Keep up the good work! :+1: 
  • This is the most glaring annoyance I experienced as a new Homey user. It makes sense to name a device "ceiling light" in the context of a room, but without that context you need longer names which are more cumbersome and even redundant in the devices view.