This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

[BETA Release] HomeyDash a Dashboard app for homey

Comments

• @dondanny I will wait until the end of the week (so it can run for a few days in beta) before adding any new capabilities. In the mean while, i want to fix any bugs that come up.
  • @swttt Perfect! 
    If you need any help with testing the capabilities or testing fixed bugs let me know. Holidays mean some free time for homey :-) 
  •  I just had a quick look at the homeyDash. I get that this is stil work in progress, and probably will have a lot of progress lateron :P       great job  
    I dont know if there is a list with idea's and stuf that is already work in progress.

But I have 2 wishes that would make this app absulutely perfect.
    - The ability to change the background to a personalised one (per page)
    - The ability to place the control parts freely on that page

this way you could set a map of that room as background, and the control unit in the correct place.

• The background is just a bitmap that you can edit or replace.  Using a room outline is not very practical in my opinion as I got a whole load in one place and nothing in the rest of the room.  I would think being able to use different bitmaps for the appliances would work better.

For me being able to start flows from the screen would be the most useful update. I now have to click 9 buttons to light the whole living room, lol.
  • Mathijs said:
    For me being able to start flows from the screen would be the most useful update. I now have to click 9 buttons to light the whole living room, lol.
    Hear hear..
  • Mathijs said:
    The background is just a bitmap that you can edit or replace.  Using a room outline is not very practical in my opinion as I got a whole load in one place and nothing in the rest of the room.  I would think being able to use different bitmaps for the appliances would work better.

Don't know if it is helpful but I usw the following solution: 
    1) add a KlikAanKlikUit Dummy device (e.g. named "all lights off") 
    2) made a flow like: if dummy device "all lights of" is on then turn off lamp1, lamp2, lamp3, ....
    3) the fake device is shown in the app or in the dashboard so you can start it from there
  • Guys use bitflip from the better logic app, i have it for turning all my lights of..and on homeydash
  • Floorplan request is alreadt on github, and will look at that later :smile:
    Background as a setting is something i did planned, but later on as well.

Releasing it to the appstore was a great idea. Found 1 crucial bug, seems devices within nested zones aren't found :blush:
  • swttt said:
    Floorplan request is alreadt on github, and will look at that later :smile:
    And with floorplan, you mean being able to place the controls on different positions on the screen?

Because otherwise the background and floorplan are (could be) one and the same.
  • I posted the floorplan request on github. 
    I think we think about the same future. I think your idea with a background and different positions of the devices is a good way to start?! Maybe only small icons which can be placed on the background and if you press on the icons the possibilities (e.g. brightness, colour,...) pop up. 
    But I don't know if this is the right way. It's up to @swttt which is an affordable possible way. 
  • @swttt
    Great app, good work! I just installed and tested it.
    Have been following the thread for a while now, release to the appstore is a good choice :)
  • spoelly said:
    Guys use bitflip from the better logic app, i have it for turning all my lights of..and on homeydash
    How do you do that?
  • Create a variable (bool).
    Create one flow to flip the bool.
    Create a second flow to react on the flipped bool.
    Add the bool as a device.
    Add to the dash.
  • swttt said:
    Floorplan request is alreadt on github, and will look at that later :smile:

Releasing it to the appstore was a great idea. Found 1 crucial bug, seems devices within nested zones aren't found :blush:
    Weird, no problem with nesting here...

Create a variable (bool).
    Create one flow to flip the bool.
    Create a second flow to react on the flipped bool.
    Add the bool as a device.
    Add to the dash.
    Why 2 flows?
    The bitflip is a device that changes the var. Just create 1 flow that reacts to the changing var and you're done :)
  • @Fire69 Ye, thought about it. Can't be an issue with nested zones, since it don't need to go trough the zones recursively. I am getting a complete devicelist directly.

The issue must be with 2 users that didn't copied the bearer token correctly :smile:
  • swttt said:
    @Fire69 Ye, thought about it. Can't be an issue with nested zones, since it don't need to go trough the zones recursively. I am getting a complete devicelist directly.

The issue must be with 2 users that didn't copied the bearer token correctly :smile:
    :joy:
  • 0.0.2 waiting in the appstore for approval. :smile:

Version 0.0.2

• Fixed crash when not providing bearertoken on fresh install
    • Added link to the app settings page when the dashboard is running
    • Added setting to hide sidebar on page reload
    • Added app icons (when saved to homescreen)
  • goody its in the app store :) 
    will play with it tonight!

not sure this feature widget was requested already, but would be pretty cool to get RTSP / web/netcam widgets there to show security cams small on the side. 
  • @ericjanvanputten

Not sure if it is requested, but is something i want to add anyway :smile:
    Might take a while, and planned on doing it plugin based first (so a dedicated page for webcams) and add widgets later.
  • Works for me :)
    But cant add a device to a page, the dropdown box stays empty.
    I only have 1 switch added at the moment, and a Nest and a Denon receiver, but none of them appear.
    Is this due to the fact they might not be configured as on/off devices?   (The switch should be)
  • Sure you have your bearer token correct? Had the same issue where I was reading a little to fast and thought my Athom Cloud ID was the token. Before that I didn´t have any device in the list. 
  • luccie_007luccie_007 Member
    edited January 2017
    Sure you have your bearer token correct? Had the same issue where I was reading a little to fast and thought my Athom Cloud ID was the token. Before that I didn´t have any device in the list. 
    Its taken form the link   (and worked with homeydashv2)
    I also noticed that on a page refresh the added pages are gone.
    Is this due to there not being any widgets on there?
    I can navigate to it with the link in my history.

Also i get an ERROR: [object Object] in the right top corner.
    For testing: http://theunissen.diskstation.me:1234

• mbalik79mbalik79 Member
    edited January 2017
    Sure you have your bearer token correct? Had the same issue where I was reading a little to fast and thought my Athom Cloud ID was the token. Before that I didn´t have any device in the list. 
    Its taken form the link   (and worked with homeydashv2)
    I also noticed that on a page refresh the added pages are gone.
    Is this due to there not being any widgets on there?
    I can navigate to it with the link in my history.

Also i get an ERROR: [object Object] in the right top corner.
    For testing: http://theunissen.diskstation.me:1234

@luccie_007
    I think the bearer token isn't correct.. You have to fill in only the token, not the http://ip-adres before it
  • @luccie_007
    Indeed it sounds like an incorrect bearer token. Pages gone is because without the bearer token you are not allowed to save them. (and not allowed to access the devicelist, thats why the dropdown is empty)
  • I may have found the problem.
    I was with VPN in my network, but could not acces the HOMEYIP:1337 due to wrong subnet config.
    So i accesed it through the above link, which works, but does not make it possible for the app to save pages and stuff.
    Now i changed the subnet, can reach it on its own IP, and the pages gets saved (Got notification) and the devices get found.
  • @luccie_007
    I think now it's working, I see a light

• luccie_007luccie_007 Member
    edited January 2017
    mbalik79 said:
    @luccie_007
    I think now it's working, I see a light

The subets wheree the problem,
    Now it also works form the external link to save pages and stuff.

My vpn server is in another IP range so had to fix that first :)

Nope external link doesnt work (was still connected to vpn),  because in the source i can see that it still tries to connect to 192.168.1.150 which is my homey IP. instead of the used link.
    It says: conncting to 192.168.1.150  which ofcourse is not available, because im somewhere else.

This probably also happens when you use it on your android phone, not connected to wifi.
    Let me test that now

So that might be a bug/feature to fix? On the nice to have list.  On the internal network it al works now :)
  • @luccie_007
    The client(your phone/tablet/laptop) makes the connection to homey (so in theory you could run the dashboard on an external webserver, and still use it on your local network) As a work-around i could use the cloudid and external url to access and control homey. Now it uses the local ip.

Might be an option to switch everything to the cloudid url, but have to look into it.
  • @swttt
    Installed the app.. works perfectly! Excellent work!!

Small request: can you make it possible to change the page order?
  • @DenW ;

Nice :smile:

Page order is already requested, the same might apply for widget order. Will be added, not sure when tho :smile: