This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Device used for Homey setup process

I was watching the Homey Reset video, and noticed that after the reset, Homey said to connect to setup.athom.com on your computer. Of course i don't have a Homey yet, but i still went there out of curiosity :P

First thing this site does is tell you to connect your current device to a wifi network your resetted Homey is broadcasting. That poses a problem since all my pcs here are wifi-uncapable (wired network speed for the win). So my question here is: what kind of device can i use for the Setup process? Can i do it on my smartphone or tablet? The voice in the video specifically said "computer"...

Comments

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom

Yes, any Wi-Fi device with a browser works!

• A computer is not necessarily a PC. A computer is something that is able to compute:

A computer is a general-purpose device that can be programmed to carry out a set of arithmetic or logical operations automatically. Since a sequence of operations can be readily changed, the computer can solve more than one kind of problem.

• Though since this product is meant for everyone, most people think as computer = PC.. :)

This discussion has been closed.