This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Language of speech control: different than Google (Now) ??

Hi all, specifically creators of Homey,

I am wondering how the speech control / recognition algorithm software behind Homey is different from the Google Now algorith? Or is it just exactly the same?
Cause when talking to Google Now, it will hardly (read: not) recognize your voice commands when mixing English and Dutch in 1 command, not to mention that understanding a Dutch command is not working altoghether.
As you guys said that Homey will understand different languages, among which is Dutch, I hope you can clarify this a bit.

Comments

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    We don't use the Google now algorithm, just the speech to text conversion. For multi language sentences, there are some tricks. I can't go in detail about them right now, because we wouldn't want competitors to clone our solutions that easily. :)
  • It would be nice though to send a voice-command to Google Now and have Homey tell you the answer. Is that technically possible?
  • or ask homey and homey uses google now to get the info and homey gives you the answer so it wil be a bit smarter just like amazon echo??