This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Need some help - no connection, no recovery

EternityEternity Member
edited December 2016 in Questions & Help
I am on the latest experimental f/w.

As I have dozens of flows, I was copying some of these in new folders to jumpstart creating some additional flows. The App to copy flows became unresponsive, I tried it again and somehow Homey crashed; I can't connect to it anymore. It stays offline. The ring glows and rotates slowly.

PTY 3 times. Last time waited 15 minutes before plugging it to mains again. Stays offline.

I turned Homey upside down... it won't initiate recovery mode.

What can I do?

Comments

• Contact athom support
  • EternityEternity Member
    edited December 2016
    I managed to get into Recovery (no countdown?!?). And after a long wait.....Homey booting takes 10 minutes, I am online again.
  • Hmm,.... a crash again. And again Homey is not reachable after a PTY.

I was (again) copying flows. This does not work with the Homey environment, it needs Chrome. After a couple of copied flows I deleted an App and tried to install another one. This resulted in an error "Homey can't be reached". No Homey is offline and unreachable..
  • Solved after a couple of plug pullings.
  • Great! Was still wondering what could be the cause...
  • EternityEternity Member
    edited December 2016
    The flow copy App seems involved. Both times I was copying flows, and it crashed Homey. 

Odd that the recovery is also harmed. The first time needed a recovery, but I could keep my settings. Second time it didn't need recovery, just a lot of cold starts.