This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Can i use Homey as bridge for:Mi-light,Casambi,Sunricher,Philips(wifi controllable led light's)

I would like to use homey as a Wifi bridge to control different led wifi bulb's and controlers for led strip's

Comments

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    If there's an API, yeah! We support Philips Hue out of the box. I don't know the other brands personally, but a quick search reveals it shouldn't be hard!
  • When it comes to Sunricher controllers; I have partly reverse engineering the SR-1009FAWI and am able to control it with my Fibaro Home Center 2. When I receive my Homey, I will try to make it work of course :)
  • I believe the API can be found here or here . I'm also interested in using Homey in conjunction with my Mi Light collection.
  • TuckerTucker Member

I understand that right? For Philips Hue I have no brigde longer necessary if I use Homey. Or ???

• Fire69Fire69 Member

No, you will still need to have the bridge for your Hues. Homey will 'talk' to the bridge to control your lights.

• Exactly. Technology wise Homey has everything on board to eliminate the bridge, but first round versions will still need it It's all a matter of choices. As long as it works, I'm glad the choose to deliver other thinks first. :-)

• Hi, I'm thinking of preordering homey it seems better than other solutions I have found especially in this price range.
    You say that technology wise homey has everything on board to eliminate the Philips bridge. Does that mean it should be possible to do that via a software update in the future?
    I wouldn't like to have to do a hardware update and buy a new homey later on...

• edited October 2015

Well, for my interpretation, Homey works together with the Hue Bridge to control the Hue lamps. Their app is currently available in the Homey App Store. So controlling Hue will be available from the release of Homey.

• We are more than a year further now... Can someone explain me if it is possible to use the MiLights/applamps without a Milight/applamp Bridge? I bought 16 lamps, but no bridge because i thought my Homey would take care of this, but haven't found a solution yet.
  • djeskodjesko Member
    edited December 2016
    fabiannmb said:
    We are more than a year further now... Can someone explain me if it is possible to use the MiLights/applamps without a Milight/applamp Bridge? I bought 16 lamps, but no bridge because i thought my Homey would take care of this, but haven't found a solution yet.
    Need bridge for milight ,  but thats no big deal!