This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

State Control

2»

Comments

• "All is at home" is working btw.
  • I also solved it. Takes a lot of flows tho.
  • Great App and super concept!

I tried to copy the motion/speech/manual scenario. In my case I haven't implemented voice switching yet, to keep things simple.

The App is working, I can switch manually and that state remains functioning, but motion controlled switching doesn't work. This does work in other flows, but I want to use State Control because it allows me to override via mnaul switching.

Does anyone know what I might have misses? I followed the wiki guide and this is the result:

• EternityEternity Member
    edited November 2016
    Hm, to add to my previous post... this is what I did to see what is and what isn't working.

In the flows that switch the light (with the switch, or as motion) I added a voice card that commented on the action (so; lights on after movement, lights on after manual switch, and the overall action lights on).

The actual switch is a Fibaro FGS-222

• Movement is not reported!

• Manual switching is reported

Light on is reported, and repeated continuously and only stops after a PTP / reboot. Even disabling all flows doesn't halt the voiced output!
  • I had the same issue yesterday evening, albeit with the Fibaro FGD-212 (Dimmer 2).
    In the case of the dimmer, I know that scene activation is not working (yet). If you have a flow which triggers on the device going on/off, it will trigger in situations when a) the device is manually used and b) the device has changed its state.
    So when you switch the light on manually using a wall switch, the flow is triggered.
    When the light has been switched on using another flow, the flow is triggered.

This causes the unwanted behaviour. For the dimmer, we're going to have to wait until scene activation is supported.
    From what I can see, the FGS-222 does not support scene activation altogether (although I hope I'm wrong).

I'm going to think of a work-around, and will report back here.
  • Thanks for the update and clarification @SergeR ;

• mbalik79mbalik79 Member
    edited November 2016
    I think you're app "state control" is very powerfull, but I don't get it..
    The only thing I want is to get homey in different states, but don't know how

Example:
    Homey state -> Here is homey in when someone is home (use smart precense)
    Homey away -> Nobody is home
    Homey sleep -> When we are sleeping
    Homey holiday -> When we are on holiday

Is it possible to set these things. I want to use the normal flows, but checking in the "and" colum in witch state is homey before fireing the flow?
  • Tim_Brass said:
    Could you give me some examples on what to use the state control for? I'm sure I can use it. I'm just a bit confused how....
    Same here, I think I made it more complex than it needs to be. 
  • edited December 2016
    Today I started with StateControl because I am thinking this has some potential. I am still not sure if I got it but I made a first try.

I made the following group "Kerst" with the sections "KerstBoomVerlichting" en "BuitenVerlichting". All X-Mas related.

I defined the following events & triggers:

In the flow I have created a number of actions based on movement, etc:

The action is on the Kerstboom and says Lichts on.

In the panel "Here is where magic is" I cannot select an section anymore. This means that all actions are based on the same events?

which is in my case not true. The XMas tree is based on movement in the house and will switch off after a certain time when there is no movement. The Xmas lights outside will be triggered after sunset and stay on until all lights are switched off. Does this mean that I need to create events specific for each section if they behave differently?

I am not sure if all the overhead reduce a lot of work as you still need to make a huge number of flows. In cases where you have for example a lot of rooms that needs to behave similar this can work I think.

Is my thinking wrong here?

What I like is the structured way that you have more overview where something goes wrong. Currently I have so much flows that I lost track....
  • That's my problem too. 
    I got the feeling I'm definitely thinking wrong. 
    I checked the lights example. A group is created called sun to determine if it is dark or light. 
    That is what is confusing me, because in my opinion (my way of thinking) dark or light is a state. 
    Like cold or warm is a state in my way of thinking so what state do I set when it's dark and cold? 
    So maybe it is better to define many variables and use them instead of state control? 
  • Hopefully @SergeR have some suggestions :)
  • Well for now I give up on this app and try to figure something out with better logic. 

• @SergeR any improvement on the app? Otherwise i am gonna delete it. To many hick ups.
  • JerryvdvJerryvdv Member
    edited February 2017
    Nevermind <span>:wink:</span> I was not paying attention, needed to scroll..
  • @Jerryvdv  I guess you are using a browser instead of the desktop app?
  • Busted, old habits..  :#
  • How about the option to create a device for a section? I have just created several states for the lights in our livingroom and several flows to switch between them (on movement, timers, etc.), but I think it would be nice if I could also use the app to switch between states. Now I would have to create more flows and bitflip devices/triggers to do so.
  • home78home78 Member
    Currently I have 4 states for my washing machine. First state is OFF and the energy level is below the L0 threshold. When the machine is turned on, the level is between L0 and L1 which causes the STANDBYE state to become active. After starting the washing program, the level will be above threshold L1 and WASHING state becomes active. However, during the washing program energy levels regularly drop below L1 and only if it is below L1 for more than x minutes we can conclude that the program has finished and we can enter state DONE.

Is it possible to conditionally go from WASHING to DONE based on the expiration of a delay? And can I cancel the delay when the energy consumption goes up again?
  • keverjeroenkeverjeroen Member
    edited June 2017
    home78 said:
    Currently I have 4 states for my washing machine. First state is OFF and the energy level is below the L0 threshold. When the machine is turned on, the level is between L0 and L1 which causes the STANDBYE state to become active. After starting the washing program, the level will be above threshold L1 and WASHING state becomes active. However, during the washing program energy levels regularly drop below L1 and only if it is below L1 for more than x minutes we can conclude that the program has finished and we can enter state DONE.

Is it possible to conditionally go from WASHING to DONE based on the expiration of a delay? And can I cancel the delay when the energy consumption goes up again?
    There are multiple examples of 'washing machine flows' in the forum. Most of them use the better logic variables, but they will work with shis app too.. For example this topic: https://forum.athom.com/discussion/3175/flow-is-not-working-the-washing-machine

• cbhcbh Member
    Hi,
    I really like the idea behind this app.
    However, I'm a bit puzzled about how to actually use it rationally - perhaps someone can enlighten me?

As I understand it, I need to make a lot of variables in the app itself.
    Then, I have to make an enormous number of flows that connect the different variables to the actions to be carried out in he end.
    How is it, that this is easier than creating these variables in "Better Logic" and approximately the same number of flows (or a little more, to change the variables, but still - that would be without the work of making all the variables in "State Control" anyway).

As example, I've made some variables regarding the status of the light in different rooms.
    One of the features I then try to implement is a connection to my smoke alarm - if the smoke alarm goes of, all lights turn on. When trying to do this, it seems like I have to make a flow for each room, that reacts on the "Light-alarm" variable and turn on the light?
    In that case, it seems a lot easier to make a single flow "alarm goes off" and put each lamp in this.

Am I totally off or?
    (Perhaps being non-dutch-speaking makes it somewhat more difficult to figure out the flows - but I think I got it mostly right).

Regards,
    Chr.
  • One of the advantages is that the configuration you make in the app, is like a template. You create some logic based on actions and triggers and you can use that same configuration for multiple rooms. This would save you from creating a lot of flows and variables when you want to use the same logic for a second room.

• cbhcbh Member
    Well, yes, I can read that in the description.

Examples of "codebooks" are more than wellcome (even in Dutch ;-)) - just to get it going...
  • cgHomecgHome Member
    edited March 2018
    Is there a way to read the value of the current state in a flow. e.g. for the simple-log app?