This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Flow is not working (the washing machine)

Hi guys,

Any idea why this flow is not working? The boolean is false and Insights shows values coming in. Its the same flow that causes an other bug (https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/1439). The flow used to work, but I can't see what I have done to kill it. I think I replaced Better Logic with the regular Logic. I'm I missing something or is the bug also causing the flow not to work properly? 

(offtopic: And how in the hell can I be the only one that experiences this issue: https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/1439)

Comments

• bvdbosbvdbos Member
    The Boolean-variable and countdown-timer are both called Washing Machine? You can't set a timer to a boolean... But I must be seeing it wrong...
  • bvdbos said:
    The Boolean-variable and countdown-timer are both called Washing Machine? You can't set a timer to a boolean... But I must be seeing it wrong...
    i guess i could rename them to make sure that Betterlogic is not mixing them up. I'll try it.
  • chrisboerchrisboer Member
    edited May 2017
    I don't use countdown but this works perfect

• I did it like this:

Flow 1

Flow 2

Flow 3

• Looks to me u don't stop the timer?
    so when the dryer stops for like 10 seconds and continues running again ur timer is running anyway? Check the link I gave u and see how I solved that.
  • I have three different flows as well. But the first one is not kicking off anymore. I have the same flows for my alarm, and that one is working. 

• Then when timer reaches zero, the power is less then 9?
    I also don't see a stop to the timer anywhere, why is that?
  • chrisboer said:
    I don't use countdown but this works perfect

And here the washingmachine is always running for 80 minutes?
    So when we do a short program, the 80 minutes is running anyway?
  • Offtopic: Commented on ur Git issue.
    /Offtopic
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    Have to go with @Rocodamelshe here, the flows he posted in https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/36884/#Comment_36884 seem the most logical.

If power > 80 then set status to on
    If power < 10 then set status to off and start the timer
    if power goes to > 80 within 80 seconds then it was not really off so stop the timer
    if after 80 seconds the power is still < 10 then it's really off and send a message...
  • bvdbos said:
    Have to go with @Rocodamelshe here, the flows he posted in https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/36884/#Comment_36884 seem the most logical.

If power > 80 then set status to on
    If power < 10 then set status to off and start the timer
    if power goes to > 80 within 80 seconds then it was not really off so stop the timer
    if after 80 seconds the power is still < 10 then it's really off and send a message...
    Ok I have updated the flows so that they match @Rocodamelshe's example perfectly. But the issue was that the first flow would not even fire. And i'm wondering if that has nothing to do with the github issue. But we'll see. I will test it asap.
  • Looks to me u don't stop the timer?
    so when the dryer stops for like 10 seconds and continues running again ur timer is running anyway? Check the link I gave u and see how I solved that.
    Mine is working, it only gives a false positive if flow 3 runs, and the power is low again. I'll add the stop timer in the first flow. Thanks for the tip!
  • I just tested the modified flow and it finished about 20 times. As you can see in the insights screenshot. It happens often it uses less then 5w. 
  • Then adjust ur 2nd flow to less then 4?

• Then adjust ur 2nd flow to less then 4?

I just tried that and tested, and added logging. Second time I got only 5 notifications that the waschine machine was done. The power was 1.5, 2.4 etc. Very small numbers. 
  • When u are sure the power is zero when not used u can also make that less then 1 ofc. We can do this!

• Maybe it helps to make the timer run longer? Maybe u can show the power usage graph from insights from 1 wachmachnie-run?
  • Maybe it helps to make the timer run longer? Maybe u can show the power usage graph from insights from 1 wachmachnie-run?
    I modified it to 'not greater then 1'. 

power graph:

• It looks like power usage is sometimes low for almost 4 minutes, so the timer must be at least running 4 minutes. To be save just set the countdown to 5 or 6 minutes. 
  • It looks like power usage is sometimes low for almost 4 minutes, so the timer must be at least running 4 minutes. To be save just set the countdown to 5 or 6 minutes. 
    I updated it to 400 seconds. We'll see next run whether it worked out.
  • It looks like its still not working. I will need to see what happened. It looks like the washing machine started and in Homey the 'completed' flow executed pretty instantly.