This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
doorlock

Nuki doorlock

Comments

• jordenjorden Member
    edited October 2016
    New version 0.1.2 is up for approval in the app store. 

New:
    - Triggers "Locked" / "Unlocked" now work! With a little help from BasKiers
  • Great! Can't wait when my nuki lock arrived  :) 
  • chrisboerchrisboer Member
    edited November 2016
    jorden said:
    New version 0.1.2 is up for approval in the app store. 

New:
    - Triggers "Locked" / "Unlocked" now work! With a little help from BasKiers
    Hi Jorden I installed the app added the port and ip and token then the Nuki is found and when I select it and click on Volgende it is not showing up in the device list.

So I went to instellingen and get this error message is there something I am missing or doing wrong

Stack trace:

TypeError: Cannot read property 'settings' of undefined
    at sendcommand (/drivers/smartlock/driver.js:222:37)
    at polling [as _onTimeout] (/drivers/smartlock/driver.js:284:4)
    at Timer.listOnTimeout (timers.js:92:15)

Exit code: 1

I have smart lock firmware version 1.2.3

• I already fixed this issue in a code change to Nuki it had to do with a timing issue. Updated the code on Github.com now it is up to Jorden to check the code.
  • does this nuki work with 3-point locks on the frontdoor ? it requires a bit of force to open it with the key when door is fully locked
  • Da_JoJo said:
    does this nuki work with 3-point locks on the frontdoor ? it requires a bit of force to open it with the key when door is fully locked
    It works with a 3-point door lock on my side, also the electric drive motor should be strong enough to open the door. But if you have to push against the door to open the lock then it will probably not work.
  • chrisboer said:
    Da_JoJo said:
    does this nuki work with 3-point locks on the frontdoor ? it requires a bit of force to open it with the key when door is fully locked
    It works with a 3-point door lock on my side, also the electric drive motor should be strong enough to open the door. But if you have to push against the door to open the lock then it will probably not work.
    Actually, there is an option "Open door" in the app, which will retract the door lock for 3 seconds. This can also happen automaticly when you get in range.
    It works well with my door which doesn't have a knob on the outside. And it does have a 3 point lock.
  • what are the changes in the new 0.1.3  version?
  • thanks, i will have a look at it then. it requires a bit of force but i probably can fix that by adjusting the lockingplate a bit. it is a fairly new model lock with hooks on bottom and top locks and has an adjustable lockingplate on the doorframe. worth the try :smiley: 

• Reemster said:
    what are the changes in the new 0.1.3  version?
    Just bugfixes
  • I just replaced my first set of batteries.... 4x AA in just 2 months.

I guess my Homey app polling them every 30 seconds is just too much. Next update 0.1.4 will have polling as optional (off by default), and will do it every 60 seconds instead of 30.
    I will also investigate using Nuki Web, which was put online yesterday as  a way to 'talk' to IFTTT. But it also has an API. I think this API should be faster to use and it does not drain the battery, as it seems to have all information 'ready' much faster.
  • IFTTT is totally non responsive to homey I had 2 tries with very basic things but still waiting on response from IFTTT 
  • I just uploaded 0.1.4 to the appstore. It is not yet published, awaiting approval.

Update:
    - Polling is now every 60 seconds instead of every 30 seconds
    - Polling is now off by default
    - You can turn on Polling by clicking the wrench on your Nuki lock in Homey's devices page.
  • Ok thanks Jorden, the app works likes sharm now
  • How is the Nuki working with a 3 point lock in a door. Is it powerfull enough to handle these locks ?
  • I have a 3 point lock with my Nuki and it works fine.
  • Same for me on 3-point lock. Works flawless. If the key can be turned without having to use a lot of force and without having to push/pull/lift the door the nuki will work.
  • scenarbelgiumscenarbelgium Member
    edited February 2017

i have a 5 point doorlock and it works like a charm :-)

my only problem is to get it connected with homey  :-(

• i have a 5 point doorlock and it works like a charm :-)

More people with this issue?   (i am at the point to order an Nuki myself.  But i do would like it to work flawless with homey) 
  • No, i think @scenarbelgium doing something wrong... (maybe his bridge and Nuki is not connected with each other?) The Homey app is working fine here, for months now.
  • Is the Nuki faster as the Danalock v2 ?
  • i have a 5 point doorlock and it works like a charm :-)

A trick is to give the Nuki bridge a static IP address in your router, since the Nuki app of Homey needs a ip address in its settings. Reset your router without giving the Nuki bridge a static ip can result in a different IP address
  • Will soon start on a version update that reacts quicker on lock changes (triggers Homey faster).

The static IP is indeed a requirement
  • Why use such a expensive solution. I have a Meerpuntssluiting Motortronic (HMB) , connected to a fibaro 221. 2*1,5 KW relais switch. As an extra i connected a card reader to the HMB unit.

1 as a pulse relais to open the door

1 as a normal relais , to lock and unlock the door.

And a fibaro binary sensor as a tool to get input from my card reader

Now i can open my frontdoor with homey, and with an external card reader.

Works like a charm.

• @JurgenHuijbregts that's quite awesome but not so easy to use for people that are not so technical (like me). Besides, I really like the Nuki app and the auto-unlock feature (although with a NFC (?) cardreader, you wouldn't really need an auto unlock).

However, if you could place a tutorial / howto somewhere, I think a lot of  people might be interested in your solution!
  • Why use such a expensive solution. I have a Meerpuntssluiting Motortronic (HMB) , connected to a fibaro 221. 2*1,5 KW relais switch.

Isn't this Meerpuntssluiting Motortronic alone more expensive than the Nuki? Or did I oversee something?
  • G4nd41f said:

Why use such a expensive solution. I have a Meerpuntssluiting Motortronic (HMB) , connected to a fibaro 221. 2*1,5 KW relais switch.

Isn't this Meerpuntssluiting Motortronic alone more expensive than the Nuki? Or did I oversee something?
    I had the same thoughts  :# .. 
  • thx for the help will try it when i am at home :-)
  • thx Appie  nuki now works with homey like a charm :-)

• thx Appie  nuki now works with homey like a charm :-)

Glad to be of service!