This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Is Homey better than Home Assistent?

Hi guys,

I'm someone who's interested in everything to know about gadgets. Recently I've stumbled upon a product similar to yours: home assistent. It does everything Homey does, also, you don't have to pay money to recieve an orb. Check it out, it's free!

https://home-assistant.io/

Let me know what you guys think of it.

Comments

• JonJon Member

C'mon. This is software, not hardware.... So comparing apples to pears.

When you want to add support for Z-wave, zigbee, IR, bluetooth, 866, KlikAanKlikUit, etc you need hubs or transceivers. Which cost money. Which Homey has integrated in 1 orb. This is also stated on their site:
    "Home Assistant integrates with a variety of third party Home Automation hubs and networks. It allows you to control the connected switches, lights and sensors via Home Assistant. Click on the following logos for setup instructions..."

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom

'Stumbled upon', haha. It's your project, you little bastard. Nice work though :)

• StefanStefan Member
    edited October 2015

@Jonathan, thanks for stepping in with the clarification, that is indeed the difference.

@PaulusAEGEE. It is a bit blatant to promote your _own _project as though you just 'stumbled upon' it, right? Also, the use of a 10 minutes mail address does not really speak for active involvement in the forum either, so what exactly did you hope to achieve with this?

Best,

Stefan

• Looks really nice but the triggers and events have to be made in a text file: https://home-assistant.io/cookbook/automation_for_rainy_days.html

Not really competition imho.

• I think what he was trying to achieve, is just some free promotion for his project... at least he succeeded in that.
    But presenting it as if it offers the same functionality as Homey... that's just plain wrong. The best he can hope for, is a comparison to the Homey app (which is also free!)

• Pretty pathetic trying to get some free (bad) publicity this way if you ask me... :-/

• Why react and give so much attention to it? Just ignore it, otherwise a moderator has to delete this topic, if you ask me. Is is a shame to get so much attention with this negative publicity

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom

Negative publicity? In comparison this makes Homey looks even more awesome! ;-)

• @Emile, I would personally delete this thread...

• Don't they have a forum? Maybe we can all go there and post that we just stumbled upon homey :)

• I agree with @emile. Deleting this thread will not serve any purpose. Letting the thread be, it actually serves the total opposite purpose of what "OP" tried to accomplish, which I think is deserved.

• If Homey is good, it can not be harmed by starting a thread by somebody with a different agenda. If you start deleting threads you show you are not convinced (of even affraid) about the quality of your own product. (I am not talking about deleting threads that have nothing to do with the subject, like politics, racism and in appropriate language.) Removing the mask, as Emile did, is enough. Admitting is has nice features too, is really showing confidence.

• I like the fact that he has misspelled the name his project twice :)

• So I have had a conversation with the -real- Paulus, who knows nothing of this post (I know the real Paulus). This seems to be just a troll trolling guys ;)

(just to set things straight)

• So the fake Paulus actually DID 'stumble upon' the home assistant site... well, at least now he has learned the difference between that piece of software, and Homey.

• Great work @Stefan! It's good to verify it and then ban the fake paulus :)

• Lmao.. you cant blame the guy for plugging his own project. But emiles reactions just made me lol

• Good that this is cleared. Blocking a 10 minute email address/account is waste of time I think. (S)he will never log on again I assume. A new fake account is created in minutes.

This discussion has been closed.