This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Homey v1.0.1

Comments

• I think my homey tried to update itself last night.
    But this mornig his led-ring was red.

I tried a PTP.
    Then I tried to reset, but without any luck.
    I can get a dark orange ring, a purple moving ring en a red ring. I tried to wait 1 second, 5 seconds, 30 seconds etc after a PTP to put it upside down. I still can't get him in recovery mode.

Someone any tips?
  • Same problem here, LED ring of death! Already mailed support@athom.com ...
  • Try to wait a copple of minutes after PTP.
    So: PTP, wait like 3 minutes, put the plug back in and after like 10-15 seconds hold him upsidedown.
    No guarantees but u can try.
  • @Rocodamelshe, Thanks for the suggestion, but no result, back to the ring of Death. Or would it be the Media Markt launch theme? :(
  • Try to wait a copple of minutes after PTP.
    So: PTP, wait like 3 minutes, put the plug back in and after like 10-15 seconds hold him upsidedown.
    Tried to leave it unplugged a couple of minutes, but still no result.
    He only responds to a upsidedown the first seconds (turning dark orange or purple), but still no recovery-mode possible.
    Turning it upsidedown after 10-30 seconds he just gives a RROD after a while.
  • Appie said:
    @Rocodamelshe, Thanks for the suggestion, but no result, back to the ring of Death. Or would it be the Media Markt launch theme? :(
    Lol. My Homey had a red-ring this morning when I woke up. My wife made the remark : "Does Homey now think he's in a brothel?"  :lol:    

Unplugging it did the trick though.

@stamplus Ledring turning dark orange or purple, should be a good thing. Orange means rebooting and Purple means updating... :neutral: The updating can take a few minutes though... :sweat: 
  • MarcoWijk said:

@stamplus Ledring turning dark orange or purple, should be a good thing. Orange means rebooting and Purple means updating... :neutral: The updating can take a few minutes though... :sweat: 
    Purple can also be a bad thing.
    If you plug it in and turn it upside down too soon, it goes into recovery (from which it will never leave, because you have to recover it from a computer then.

So plug it in, what 10-15 seconds and only THEN turn it upside down if you want to run the setup again.

If you're trying to fix a red ring, unplugging and plugging it again might solve it.
    If it doesn't solve it, something might have gotten corrupted.  You'll need to contact support for that (or do a full reset unfortunately...)
  • When i manually (force/request) the update to 1.01 I get an error message with an exclamation mark icon : "extractpath_not_writable".

I can only click on "ok" .

Please help
  • RocodamelsheRocodamelshe Member
    edited November 2016
    Just try the update again.
    Or reboot and then try again
  • Just try the update again.
    Or reboot and then try again
    I just did reboot & (manually) update (search & install).

No luck yet. Same error.

• I'm beginning to think that my Homey in particular has been made/produced on a MONDAY.  :|

Always the weirdest malfunctions.  :/
  • dr.jake said:
    When i manually (force/request) the update to 1.01 I get an error message with an exclamation mark icon : "extractpath_not_writable".

I can only click on "ok" .

Please help
    @dr.jake When you get "extractpath_not_writable" there is not enough free memory to install the update. Homey will disable all apps, which frees up memory. However, sometimes system memory will have grown by which there is still not enough free memory (look at the System tab).

A reboot from Homey will not work anymore in that case, you will need to PTP (Pull The Plug). When Homey has restarted you should be able to install the new firmware.
  • I have more problems with the speech recognition than in the previous version. Lower accuracy rate. I use common sentences like. Ik wil televisie kijken

Somebody having the same problem?
  • fiek said:
    I have more problems with the speech recognition than in the previous version. Lower accuracy rate. I use common sentences like. Ik wil televisie kijken

In my case it became much better.. so that's strange!
  • fiek said:
    I have more problems with the speech recognition than in the previous version. Lower accuracy rate. I use common sentences like. Ik wil televisie kijken

I use: tv kijken. Got 10 out of 10 now. Tried at different distances.
    It took several weeks before my voice was understand well.
  • I got 2 Hue lights in my living room. In Homey I created a room: living room with the 2 lights. If I ask to switch on/off one of the lights the 2nd one is also switched on/off. I don't remember if this is an old bug and already reported. Maybe someone can tell me?
  • HansieNL said:
    I got 2 Hue lights in my living room. In Homey I created a room: living room with the 2 lights. If I ask to switch on/off one of the lights the 2nd one is also switched on/off. I don't remember if this is an old bug and already reported. Maybe someone can tell me?
    What is the command you use for that?
  • HansieNL said:
    fiek said:

@HansieNL Did homey the trick by learning your voice, or did your learn to change your own voice so homey understand you better?
  • HansieNL said:
    fiek said:

@HansieNL Did homey the trick by learning your voice, or did your learn to change your own voice so homey understand you better?
    Looks like Homey learned my voice. Are there more people with the same expierence?
  • Fire69 said:
    HansieNL said:
    I got 2 Hue lights in my living room. In Homey I created a room: living room with the 2 lights. If I ask to switch on/off one of the lights the 2nd one is also switched on/off. I don't remember if this is an old bug and already reported. Maybe someone can tell me?
    If I say: "zet lamp eettafel aan", all light are switched on?!
    Homey did recognize exactly what I said. That's not the problem.
  • HansieNL said:
    HansieNL said:
    fiek said:

Looks like Homey learned my voice. Are there more people with the same expierence?
    There is no voice learning function implemented in Homey, so either you're lucky it works now, or (unconsciously) you changed the way you talk to it :)

HansieNL said:
    Fire69 said:
    HansieNL said:
    If I say: "zet lamp eettafel aan", all light are switched on?!
    Homey did recognize exactly what I said. That's not the problem.
    You can't control individual lights by voice, only all lights in a zone, or all lights at once.
    So since Homey doesn't recognize 'eettafel' as a zone, he just turned on all the lights for you.
  • I noticed a high load on my Homey, so I did a reboot. Will try voice tomorrow
  • stamplus said:
    Try to wait a copple of minutes after PTP.
    Tried to leave it unplugged a couple of minutes, but still no result.
    He only responds to a upsidedown the first seconds (turning dark orange or purple), but still no recovery-mode possible.
    Turning it upsidedown after 10-30 seconds he just gives a RROD after a while.
    @stamplus, did you make some progress? I have exactly the same situation, and no reaction from Athom.
  • @appie No,no progress. Left it spinning purple last nicht.
    Als no response from athom yet.

Strange to leave support for the weekend,  while you have a retail product launch.
    Firmware releases werd most of the time on fridayafternoon without support during the weekend.
  • I read a lot of pain..... 

Wil leafe Homey in stores for a coupel of updates... 
  • MHubert said:
    I read a lot of pain..... 

Wil leafe Homey in stores for a coupel of updates... 
    I also read a lot of fun  :p
  • ArenBreur said:
    Installed and it is running.
    Only the clock is 1 hour off
    Have the same problem. How do I fix this?
  • Vincent said:
    ArenBreur said:
    Installed and it is running.
    Only the clock is 1 hour off
    Have the same problem. How do I fix this?
    In the Location settings, change from Automatic to Manual (or vice versa), than it should be corrected.
  • Fire69 said:

You can't control individual lights by voice, only all lights in a zone, or all lights at once.
    So since Homey doesn't recognize 'eettafel' as a zone, he just turned on all the lights for you.
    Switching indivdual light would be great. Or should I create zones within a room?
  • HansieNL said:
    Fire69 said:

Switching indivdual light would be great. Or should I create zones within a room?
    I would like that too...

You could create zones, but that just complicates things ever more (IMO)
This discussion has been closed.