This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Homey app.

Comments

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom

Yep!

• wow fast reaction time and great answer :-))

• Emile said:
    Android is currently in (private) Beta, iOS will follow later.

when can we expect the Android app to play and test already?

uNiiek said:

Emile said:
    Android is currently in (private) Beta, iOS will follow later.

when can we expect the Android app to play and test already?

When you have your Homey! It's pretty useless without one.

• Is the iOS app going to include a widget for Notification center?

• Floris said:
    Is the iOS app going to include a widget for Notification center?

+1. Also, I don't have a 6s, but I can imagine that Force Touch would be pretty convenient. Of course, not to mention Apple Watch ;)

• is there any news on the development of the IOS app? Will it be ready when Homey ships?

• BasPost said:
    Will it be ready when Homey ships?

Emile said some time ago that the Android app will be first, and iOS will follow some time in the first half of next year I think. But us Apple people can still use the webUI.

• On the 2nd of october Emile posted availability of the iOS app would depend on kickstarter tier, since the problems with the bootloader are solved the developer fixing that presumably was reassigned to his original task of developing the iOS app.

In the mean time other hardware issues have further delayed the delivery of homey, but I find it very unlikely a iOS developer would be pulled of his job to fix that, so I expect the iOS app to be available when the homeys are shipped.

If this is not the case, it is again a big miss in communication, just read back this thread....

• Hi @JeroenVollenbrock is there any news about the iOS app for Homey? Do you think its done when Homey ships in January? Can we perhaps sign up to help testing the app when it's almost done?

Jeroen has done great, great work regarding the low-level functionalities of Homey. That's mostly done so he'll continue working on the iOS app pretty soon! We hope to have a beta somewhere I late the end of January / begin of February.

• Emile said:
    Jeroen has done great, great work regarding the low-level functionalities of Homey. That's mostly done so he'll continue working on the iOS app pretty soon! We hope to have a beta somewhere I late the end of January / begin of February.

If you guys plan on making a TestFlight, I would be really interested in signing up, and I'm sure most of the iOS people would too! :)

• tommyjay said:

Emile said:

If you guys plan on making a TestFlight, I would be really interested in signing up, and I'm sure most of the iOS people would too! :)

Me to!!

• +1 !

jovink said:

tommyjay said:

Emile said:

Me to!!

• @tommyjay +1 TestFlight beta testing Homey app :)

We probably will, and every Backer and Pre-order will get access, don't worry :-)

• oertjeoertje Member
    edited December 2015

Hello,

I have downloaded the homey app in playstore for android, and I have an account here, but I cannot log in the app on my foon, is this right? my email adress does not excist.

And I cann't find the supported devices page.......

• oertje said:
    Hello,

I have downloaded the homey app in playstore for android, and I have an account here, but I cannot log in the app on my foon, is this right? my email adress does not excist.

You will need to register for an account at https://apps.athom.com. Your forum account won't work for this.

• Phuturist said:

oertje said:
    Hello,

You will need to register for an account at https://apps.athom.com. Your forum account won't work for this.

Ohh, Thanks! But must you download all of these apps for homey will it work? So you have hue or thinking cleaner or somfy you must download thes on your phone or your pc?

• oertje said:

Phuturist said:

oertje said:
    Hello,

Ohh, Thanks! But must you download all of these apps for homey will it work? So you have hue or thinking cleaner or somfy you must download thes on your phone or your pc?

Those are actually Homey apps, so you'll go on your pc or phone to our app store, and the app will install on the Homey itself. You'll only have to download it once :)

• superice said:

oertje said:

Phuturist said:

oertje said:
    Hello,

Those are actually Homey apps, so you'll go on your pc or phone to our app store, and the app will install on the Homey itself. You'll only have to download it once :)

Now I understand more.

• @oertje, just wait till Homey arrives, I think Athom will put some kind of manual with it to start with Homey.
  • @oertje, just wait till Homey arrives, I think Athom will put some kind of manual with it to start with Homey.
     o:) Yes , I think they will:-)
  • It seem to me that it is better to have some manual on the Homey site. Then they can make quick changes if needed. 
  • A quick start guide is a minimum you need to provide on paper I think. Just how to connect it to your wifi. 
    Maybe not needed for us, but 'regular' users need something like that to get going... 
    Homey actually tells you to go to setup.athom.com when you plug it in :blush: 
  • Lol, a spoken manual, great idea! :smiley: 
  • p0nts said:

Emile said:
    We've actually cancelled the development of the Windows Phone app. The speech recognition does not run on it > and the webviews don't support a lot of features we're using, so the experience was actually horrible. So for > Windows Phone, we've decided that the mobile version will suffice, until Microsoft gets their software to a level we > can work with.

@Emile any new on The Windows Phone app in combination with Windows 10?

Nope, still the same.
This discussion has been closed.