This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

New App Sunrise -> Replaced by Sun Events!

Comments

• hnijveen said:
    Why is your app picture indicating the sequence is dawn, twilight, sunset, noon, sunrise,....? 
    The picture is made by a fellow forum member. I did not look very close to the sequence.
  • The sunset trigger doesn't seem to work on my homey. I created a flow that turns on my lights after sunset but the last few days the lights don't get triggered. Is there any way for me to debug the app?
  • Think i did something wrong in my flow. Sunset is working now. 
  • Niek said:
    Think i did something wrong in my flow. Sunset is working now. 
    Great :)
  • @MarcelTimmermans  could it be that I am missing "dawn (morning nautical twilight ends, morning civil twilight starts)" in the Dutch translations in your app? Not able to find it or maybe I am missing it? 

Hi, Maybe my translation is not complete correct :) "Zonsopgang (begin ochtendschemering)"
    Found it - thanks! It is kind of confusing with the other one named sunrise ;) maybe just name it dawn "ochtendschemering" 

I like the app, kudo's!
  • hnijveen said:
    Why is your app picture indicating the sequence is dawn, twilight, sunset, noon, sunrise,....? 
    I made the graphics if you want to hit someone. These phases of the sun is relevant to app. Please see the README ...dawn, ...twilight, ...sunset. I am sure the noon function will be added too. It can be useful for AC, garden, shading related flows. It is a community so you are welcome to help out and propose a better one. That is the way forward.
  • Hi Honey, I have no intention to hit anybody. :D  I like the graphics and agree that all the phases are relevant, just change the sequence of the phases. From dawn, twilight, sunset, noon, sunrise, twilight, dusk to dawn, twilight, sunrise, noon, sunset, twilight, dusk. That's all. 
  • Noon would be awesome!
  • hnijveen said:
    Hi Honey, I have no intention to hit anybody. :D  I like the graphics and agree that all the phases are relevant, just change the sequence of the phases. From dawn, twilight, sunset, noon, sunrise, twilight, dusk to dawn, twilight, sunrise, noon, sunset, twilight, dusk. That's all. 
    That is just a phrase. :P I got your point finally :blush: It is a typo: sunset and sunrise is swapped.  I will check if still have the psd file in the trash bin.
  • Hopefully I don't miss the remark that a "It is after sunrise" card in the | and | column missing "start" on the end.

Call me stupid but I don't know how I start with a trigger a sun-event before it happened.
    That something is temporary changed with offset problems I know but is that the reason that you can't.

The steps in hours before of after are to big.

------------------------------------------------------
    On my idea's here, I saw no reaction.
    • To use time in seconds by calculation intern.
    • Using JD (Julian Date) by Homey. 

https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/33071/#Comment_33071

P.S.
    Why it is calling Sunrise and not Sun-event app. <3

• Hopefully I don't miss the remark that a "It is after sunrise" card in the | and | column missing "start" on the end.

Call me stupid but I don't know how I start with a trigger a sun-event before it happened.
    That something is temporary changed with offset problems I know but is that the reason that you can't.

The steps in hours before of after are to big.
    The steps are in minutes. See picture of a flow which has a negative offset (which means before trigger moment):

------------------------------------------------------
    On my idea's here, I saw no reaction.
    • To use time in seconds by calculation intern.
    • Using JD (Julian Date) by Homey. 

You mean the offset? I think minutes is close enough. JD, for comparing the date. I fully agree. Working on this in the next version.
  • TheoDeKoningTheoDeKoning Member
    edited October 2016
    With that example Marcel, I look further in to it. Thanks.

• Hi 

love his app and it works great ,  but how do i add 30 min before sunset  ?   

thanks

• thanks 
  • djesko said:
    Hi 

love his app and it works great ,  but how do i add 30 min before sunset  ?   

thanks

Thanks, Like this you can do it:

• Installed your app from the new app store just now. Very nice, works perfectly!

There are a lot of cards to go through (with the up\down icons), so a lot of options to choose from.
    I would like to suggest to you to have less cards, but have options within the cards. For example, have 1 SunSet card and a drop-down menu of all the options for the SunSet setting. The same for SunRise etc..
    I this this will make the cards a lot more readable, cleaner and easier to use (imho).. :smile: 

Also, It would be much more logical to be able to have an offset (plus, minus) in the trigger card instead of triggering a flow every minute that checks for Sunset.

Thanks!
    DenW

• lexlex Member

First: my compliments  :)

I turn my my lights on an half hour before sunset (sunset=the middle of the sun is in line with the horizon). In the summer this is too early, in the winter this is too late.
    This is because the process of the movement of the sun through the horizon is quicker in the summer than in the winter.

I can imagine that switching when the sun is, say, 8° above the horizon, is better that switching at a fixed half hour before sunset.
    Would it be an idea to implement comparison against the elevation of the sun?
    If so, there is no need anymore to differentiate between civil, nautical and astronomical cards. Those who want to use those can fill in -6°, -12° or -18°.

This would reduce the number of cards. And would give me my switchpoint at 8°.  :D B)

And last: my compliments  :)

• lex said:

This would reduce the number of cards. And would give me my switchpoint at 8°.  :D B)

Or you can get a Lux sensor and trigger your lights on that? Then you also get the variables: cloudy, rainy, curtains closed... :wink: 
  • Hi, I am very busy at the moment but I will look into all your suggestions. I won't promise anything although :smiley:
  • Is there a morning golden hour starts card? I can only see an end card?
  • Great app! But could it be that some of the triggers can cause Homey to kill itself? I tried to use this in combination with a kaku card and all of a sudden homey was unreachable. 
  • MarkSwift said:
    Is there a morning golden hour starts card? I can only see an end card?
    No, sorry.
  • Great app! But could it be that some of the triggers can cause Homey to kill itself? I tried to use this in combination with a kaku card and all of a sudden homey was unreachable. 
    Never see this happening. It sound strange ...
  • For photography, a morning golden hour ends really isn't much use :(
  • edited October 2016
    MarkSwift said:
    For photography, a morning golden hour ends really isn't much use

For morning golden hour, it starts with sunriseEnd. For evening golden hour, it ends with sunsetStart.
  • Hi All,

I am busy rewriting the app completly taking all the sugestions above with me. However this means that with an update it will brake all the existing flows :(. What would be the best:

1) Just an update of the app and accept the broken flows
    2) New App (Sun Events :)) and let the old app fade out..

Thanks for al the help and suggestions.
  • i have only two flows so i could live with broken flows ;-)
    but that is only me!
  • Might be better to go for a new app.

This would give users the ability to plan their migration point in time with no downtime due to broken flows.

Secondly the "Sun events" name represents better what this app is capable of (not just sunrise).
  • 0burner00burner0 Member
    edited November 2016
    Press +
    For option 1 
    (right corner next to time)