This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Marantz App (control networked Marantz/Denon AVR's over IP)

I've cancelled my Athom App store submission for version 0.0.2 of the Marantz app, and submitted 0.0.4
There was a bug in 0.0.2 and 0.0.3 which caused pairing to fail. That should be fixed now.

For the sources, and to read/submit/comment on issues and wishes, see:
https://github.com/hilvarenbeek/nl.marcovandenhout.marantz

Comments

• PandaPanda Member
    edited February 2016
    V0.0.4 looks really good, you got most important functions covered.

Input selector with autocomplete looks very good to. 

Any plans to also get current status of the device?
  • I have a wish list item for Flow cards that get the current status, but haven't started work on those yet.

https://github.com/hilvarenbeek/nl.marcovandenhout.marantz/issues/5
  • edited February 2016
    Works great on my Denon AVR. Would it be possible to add the MediaPlayer input? It's as easy as...
     :smiley: 
  • Thanks for your work, it's working like a charm. The possibility to send commands with a delay is great. Currently it's turning on my amplifier, waiting three seconds, switching the input, waiting three seconds and setting the volume without any failures. 
  • Nice to hear about people using the app :) I have more plans (see the GitHub issues page) but need to find the time to continue programming. Glad that it's already useful in its current state :)
  • I uploaded a different homey marantz AVR application.
    The generated application will work under v0.12.x (current on my homey now) and under V4.3.X the next long term support for node.js when it will be installed on homey.
    Currently it supports:
    •  power , mute , source input selection.
    • writes command and reads responses from the AVR
    • at the moment model SR7007/SR7006 but another AVR can be added later.
    • Multiple AVRs per homey.
    • an AVR simulator for above commands.
    Check https://github.com/evangilst/homeyavr

• Anyone tried a nr1504? 
  • I uploaded a new version. I could find the codes for the following devices (codes are incorporated in the new version).
    av8802, av8801, av7702, av7701, av7005, sr7010, sr7009, sr7008, sr7007, sr7005, sr6010, sr6009, sr6008, sr6007, sr6006, sr6005, sr5010, sr5009, sr5008, sr5006, sr5005, nr1606, nr1605, nr1604, nr1603, nr1602, nr1505, nr1504
    Power, mute and volume are for all devices the same.
    The input selection (DVD CR,Phono ...) will only show the possible selections of the Marantz type selected.

• mauritsivsmauritsivs Member
    edited April 2016
    i own an sr6007, unfortunately nothing works with the flows... is there anything i should do apart from setting the IP in the settings of the app??

it all works perfectly now, must have been a reset issue
  • is it possible to add support for input paramter? Like "set volume to 50" 
  • Yes that should be possible. According to the 0.8.30 tread in general nodejs 4.4.x will be used.
    That means no 'translation to es5' is required anymore and I can use the es6(es2016) features already in nodejs. I am busy to re-write the above software in such a way that it can be used directly without the current translation. I will try to include it in the new version.
  • Volume already works in my app (marantz). Maybe we can make a different discussion for the homeyavr app, since this is becoming a bit confusing?
  • djefmodjefmo Member
    Works as a charm for my Denon AVR-X2200W, thanks! I can switch on the device -> set volume -> switch to favorites and play them! 

The only problem that occurs occasionally is that the Marantz app sometimes disappears from my flow. Adding the app again solves the problem.. 
  • Since the firmware update of Homey to 0.8.34 the Marantz app crashes. In the app menu on Homey I see a warning sign saying the app crashed. Is this due to the new watchdog functionality of Homey?
  • Same here. (Marantz app crashes / disappears from flow page)
  • Then the app is misbehaving and Homey isn't restarting it like before but killing it.
    You can try to disable and enable it to start the app...
  • Did all the obvious steps (including enable/disable, remove/add).
  • Then the developer should have a look, I'm afraid
  • Looking at it.. just tested on 0.8.32 and it works fine for me (with the correct IP address of the AVR set). Currently updating Homey to 0.8.35
  • OK, the app crashes when for some reason it can't reach the AVR (wrong IP, network not setup on the AVR, AVR set to disable IP control on standby and AVR is indeed on standby, AVR just starting up...) it will show a red warning mark on the apps page and the app disappears from the flow screen. In that case, you can disable and re-enable the app in the Apps part of the Settings screen. 

I should see if it's possible to not have the app crash if it can't reach the AVR (better error handling).
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    I think a similar thing is happening with other apps like ie Hue...
  • Marantz App has been updated to version 0.0.6, you can now change the IP address from within the devices page (a little wrench icon will show when you mouse over the device's icon). I think it should also crash a lot less when the device is unavailable on the supplied IP address, because I added a (very basic) error handler.
  • Marantz App has been updated to version 0.0.7. In flow, devices will now show up as devices individually. Previously it would show up under Apps. Devices will also be shown in the mobile Homey apps, for now only with an on/off function (click on the device icon). For this to work, unfortunately you have to remove any existing Marantz devices and add them again. I also added a flow action card "Send raw command". If you know your receiver supports a specific command that isn't covered in the other actions yet, you can try sending it here. For example, try MVUP to turn up the main volume one (half) step. Or if your device has an input that I didn't implement, try SIDEVICE, where DEVICE is Marantz/Denon's name for the device (e.g. SIPHONO) 
  • Ik ben in het bezit van een Denon AVR2313 maar krijg het niet aan de praat helaas. Iemand ideeën? 
  • Kun je het IP adres van de AVR2313 vinden en zo ja, wat gebeurt er als je dat adres als een webpagina opent met http:// ervoor, bijvoorbeeld http://10.10.10.10 (als het IP adres 10.10.10.10 is) ?
  • Het ip adres kan ik vinden. Alles is statisch. Als ik een pagina open dan krijg ik de Denon web control te zien.
  • any ideas?
  • De meest logische reden zou zijn, dat het IP adres niet goed ingesteld is in de settings. Ik ken de AVR2313 niet maar via Google wel een specificatie gevonden waaruit ik lees dat het ook met de telnet interface werkt en dezelfde commando's gebruikt als mijn Marantz app stuurt. Kun je aangeven wat er wel/niet werkt? Desnoods het device een keer verwijderen uit Homey en opnieuw installeren.
  • Inmiddels werkt het. Ik denk dat het ip gerelateerd was. Het weggooien en opnieuw aanmaken op de tablet bleek niet erg betrouwbaar.

• De meest logische reden zou zijn, dat het IP adres niet goed ingesteld is in de settings. Ik ken de AVR2313 niet maar via Google wel een specificatie gevonden waaruit ik lees dat het ook met de telnet interface werkt en dezelfde commando's gebruikt als mijn Marantz app stuurt. Kun je aangeven wat er wel/niet werkt? Desnoods het device een keer verwijderen uit Homey en opnieuw installeren.
    Even for the record, ik denk dat je deze links gevonden hebt.
    https://github.com/jtangelder/denon-remote
    http://www.openremote.org/display/docs/OpenRemote+2.0+How+To+-+Denon+HTTP+Control#OpenRemote2.0HowTo-DenonHTTPControl-Finally,test

Ik ga vanavond en morgen ook even testen met mijn Denon wat wel en niet werkt en kijken of ik met de documentatie nog wat extra features kan aangeven.