This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

[APP] Lightwave RF/ Siemens App Published

Comments

• @AndyWilde I notice that the dawn to dusk sensor is not in the list of currently supported devices. Do you know if it will work anyway at this time or will it need a future update?
  • I don't have one to test but I would expect that it works like a switch and sends a similar command so it should work.  

Let me know how you get on.
  • AndyWilde said:
    I don't have one to test but I would expect that it works like a switch and sends a similar command so it should work.  

Will do. I'm away for a few days and just ordered one from Vesternet so will test when I'm home and report back.
  • Updated app is on the store and confirmed working for my devices.
  • I don't seem to see amy insight data for plugs, is this available?
  • Correct,  It is not logging data at present.  Now the API is more stable I may look at it again
  • AndyWilde said:
    I don't have one to test but I would expect that it works like a switch and sends a similar command so it should work.  

Tested the Disk to Dawn sensor and seems to be working well. I added it as a wireless light switch and the on position corresponds to dusk and the off position for dawn. Tested with two different lights. Would need nice to have a suitable icon!
    Thanks for all the work on this.
  • Glad to know it works,  I'll create a device for this.
  • Anyone have experience of running multiple LightwaveRF PIR sensors in their set up?
    I'm running into problems after the first one. With the initial one I get a stable set up and response but as soon as I add a second, it starts playing up. Either the second one works and the first stops or they both play up. Adding a third and none work!
    I've named each sensor differently when I set them up but I have been using some of the same lights in the different flows.
    I'm still on the last stable release of homey and the version of the LightwaveRF app that goes with it (the latest app is incompatible with this firmware).
    Any help appreciated!
    Any ideas @AndyWilde ?
  • What is the time delay between activating each sensor?  The transmission from each PIR lasts for around 7 seconds so if they delay is less than this they will talk over each other.
  • I'm pretty sure I set each sensor with a 1 minute delay using the switch on the back. Do I need to add something extra to the flows other than PIR is activated then switch on lights and when PIR is deactivated switch off lights?
  • chrisnash said:
    I'm pretty sure I set each sensor with a 1 minute delay using the switch on the back. Do I need to add something extra to the flows other than PIR is activated then switch on lights and when PIR is deactivated switch off lights?
    Sorry I mean the delay between activation one sensor and the next sensor,  if this is too close that the problem.

try activation one,  then the second one 30 seconds later.
  • chrisnash said:
    I'm pretty sure I set each sensor with a 1 minute delay using the switch on the back. Do I need to add something extra to the flows other than PIR is activated then switch on lights and when PIR is deactivated switch off lights?
    Sorry I mean the delay between activation one sensor and the next sensor,  if this is too close that the problem.

try activation one,  then the second one 30 seconds later.
  • I'll give it a go. Thanks.
  • @AndyWilde  I don't suppose you could give me a quick step by step guide to adding the PIR. First one went OK then I've been having successively more difficulty. After following what you said yesterday I was able to add another sensor. It triggered once and then not again. Original sensor kept working this time which is a relief. Si I removed the 2nd sensor. This morning I don't seem to be able to add any more. Once I've selected the PIR. I get no response from the app when I move in front of it. Tried 2 different sensors multiple times and rebooted Homey but no luck
  • The code that the PIR sends should be no different to what a normal remote sends,   If set to 1minute delay I will first send an On command and then after 1 minutes send a off command,    Are the PIR's on the wall or is there the possibility that you could trigger the first one while trying to pair the second?

You could try pairing it as a wireless switch to see if that helps.

I only have one PIR so have so seen the issues that you are reporting,   
  • AndyWilde said:
    The code that the PIR sends should be no different to what a normal remote sends,   If set to 1minute delay I will first send an On command and then after 1 minutes send a off command,    Are the PIR's on the wall or is there the possibility that you could trigger the first one while trying to pair the second?

You could try pairing it as a wireless switch to see if that helps.

I only have one PIR so have so seen the issues that you are reporting,   
    I've just updated to 0.9.2 so I can install the latest version of the app to see if it makes a difference but I suspect there is an issue adding multiple sensors. I've tried for 2 days and apart from the initial trigger never managed to get more than one responding.3 of the sensors were off the wall so I was upstairs yesterday, will out of range of the original sensor but had exactly the same issue. I've now left the original sensor controlled via Homey as they others I've added as 'dumb' sensors connected directly to the lights. At least it's stable at the moment if not very flexible.
    Other than that everything has been working great with your app. 
    Do you think you will integrate hearing at some point or will that be left to ifttt?
  • Did you try pairing one of the PIR's as a wireless switch instead of a PIR?

The heating works on 866Mhz instead of the 433mhz for the rest of the lightwaveRF products so I have not looked at the signal yet to see if it the same implementation.

• Are there any plans to include support for the lightwaverf link events as an intermediate controller?  I have a number of events programmed into the link which I would like to trigger from Homey flows.  I have tried recreating them in homey but the sequences take much longer to occur and are somewhat intermittent compared with the link control.    As I understand it the lightwave link can be controlled using simple udp packet - could the link be added as a device type for the purpose of triggering complex events using that hardware.
  • By link events are you referring to for example tuning off multiple lights in one go instead of one by one?   

Yes the link can be controlled by udp but I currently I am not planning in implementing this, as for most cases Homey can replace the link,  however you are welcome to contribute to the GIT and this can be incorporated 
  • AndyWilde said:
    Did you try pairing one of the PIR's as a wireless switch instead of a PIR?

The heating works on 866Mhz instead of the 433mhz for the rest of the lightwaveRF products so I have not looked at the signal yet to see if it the same implementation.

Hmm, the only PIR I could get working with Homey, stopped responding last night. Had to completely remove it and set it up again. Now I can't even get that one working. Again it responds to the first activation on the flow and not again. Have now resorted to pairing all sensors just to the light switches and not through Homey.
    Definitely seems to be a bug somewhere. All my other LightwaveRF stuff works in other flows just not with the PIRs :(
  • I only have 1 PIR so it's difficult to test.  I have noticed that the batteries do need replacing quite often.   I have noticed with other devices The detection of the signal with homey is not as good as the detection with a LightwaveRF device.  After speaking with Athome about this it is most likely due to the LightwaveRF devices decoding the signal via hardware and homey having to use software to decode.   

I have two ideas that you could try
    1) try new batteries in the PIR to see if that makes a difference,  while LightwaveRF devices may still respond with low batteries in my case homey didnot

2)install the Lightwave App via the command prompt and you should be able to see the messages that are being received from Homey,   this should tell us if it is receiving the same message or different messages from the PIR

Did you try to pair the PIR as a switch like I suggested previously?  The signal the PIR sends is no different to what any other remote or wireless switch and they all share the same driver.
  • Are there any plans to include support for the lightwaverf link events as an intermediate controller?  I have a number of events programmed into the link which I would like to trigger from Homey flows.  I have tried recreating them in homey but the sequences take much longer to occur and are somewhat intermittent compared with the link control.    As I understand it the lightwave link can be controlled using simple udp packet - could the link be added as a device type for the purpose of triggering complex events using that hardware.
    An option to address the issues of turning of Multiple devices at the same time would be to create a additional device, i.e Plug Socket or Light that controls multiple devices.   To do this

1. Add device 1 output device like light or plug Scoket) by putting the device into pairing mode and follow the paring wizard 
    2. Repeat for device 2 as a second device
    3. Create a third new device - eg "Master Lounge Light" as a plug or light
    4. Go through the same pairing method as before with the first device (device 1) to Master Lounge Light  
    5. for the second and subsequent devices (device 2) put these into pairing mode as before and through Homey turn on "Master Lounge Light" to add it
    6. The second device will now be paired to the "Master Lounge Light" and also any other pairing that existed before repeating the master lounge light.
    7. You should now be able to control device 1 and device 2 with the Master Lounge Light device and also each individual device independently
    *.  If you want to remove a device from the Master Lounge Light, put the device into pairing mode again but this time turn off the device in Homey to remove its pairing.

I hope this makes sense and you can achieve the desired result
  • Thanks Andy. 
    I tried the batteries already. When I replaced them I still got no response so i removed the device from Homey. After I added it again I got the single trigger and no more responses. 
    I then connected the sensor directly to the switches to see if that worked and it did so the PIR is definitely working OK.
    Pairing with the wireless switch wasn't that easy without the wizard to inform you on how it's going so I couldn't tell whether there was a problem with the pairing or the flow when it didn't work.
    I haven't done any installs (or accessed Homey) via command prompt yet, a link to tutorial would be useful and I'll give it a go tomorrow.
    Thanks again
  • After updating to 0.10 I'm seeing this error:

Stack trace:

TypeError: Cannot read property 'transID' of undefined
    at Object.<anonymous> (/drivers/lwrf.js:895:67)
    at emitThree (events.js:97:13)
    at Object.emit (events.js:175:7)
    at /homey-app/manager/flow.js:1:211
    at /homey-app/helpers/client.js:1:1013
    at Array.forEach (native)
    at process.<anonymous> (/homey-app/helpers/client.js:1:982)
    at emitTwo (events.js:87:13)
    at process.emit (events.js:172:7)
    at internal/child_process.js:696:12

Exit code: 0
  • I have sown a couple of crash reports since yesterday which i need to look into
  • @AndyWilde Any news? Since 0.10 the app crashes if I send a command from a remote in a flow... I'm not sure if this is caused by an API change, or if it's caused by a bug in 0.10?

Miss the app, it was central to many of my flows...

Cheers in advance.
  • I've noticed that my sockets are turned off when I use the Homey command "lights on" or "lights off", is there a way to avoid this (mine power devices, not lights).

Thanks in advance.
  • @AndyWilde Are you still with us?
  • I guess not :(