This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official Z-Wave Aeotec

[App] Aeotec by Athom - main discussion topic

Comments

• @MarcoF,

Thanks, I was able to add the device but the device always stays in alarm.
    this is what happens (begin situation door open, then door closed, then door open again):

[debug] - Battery: true
    [debug] - CommandClass: COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_BINARY
    [debug] -- Version: 1
    [debug] -- Commands:
    [debug] --- SENSOR_BINARY_GET
    [debug] --- SENSOR_BINARY_REPORT
    [debug] - CommandClass: COMMAND_CLASS_BATTERY
    [debug] -- Commands:
    [debug] --- BATTERY_GET
    [debug] --- BATTERY_REPORT
    [debug] - CommandClass: COMMAND_CLASS_WAKE_UP
    [debug] -- Version: 2
    [debug] -- Commands:
    [debug] --- WAKE_UP_INTERVAL_CAPABILITIES_GET
    [debug] --- WAKE_UP_INTERVAL_CAPABILITIES_REPORT
    [debug] --- WAKE_UP_INTERVAL_GET
    [debug] --- WAKE_UP_INTERVAL_REPORT
    [debug] --- WAKE_UP_INTERVAL_SET
    [debug] --- WAKE_UP_NO_MORE_INFORMATION
    [debug] --- WAKE_UP_NOTIFICATION
    [debug] - CommandClass: COMMAND_CLASS_CONFIGURATION
    [debug] -- Commands:
    [debug] --- CONFIGURATION_GET
    [debug] --- CONFIGURATION_REPORT
    [debug] --- CONFIGURATION_SET
    [debug] - CommandClass: COMMAND_CLASS_ASSOCIATION
    [debug] -- Commands:
    [debug] --- ASSOCIATION_GET
    [debug] --- ASSOCIATION_GROUPINGS_GET
    [debug] --- ASSOCIATION_GROUPINGS_REPORT
    [debug] --- ASSOCIATION_REMOVE
    [debug] --- ASSOCIATION_REPORT
    [debug] --- ASSOCIATION_SET
    [debug] - CommandClass: COMMAND_CLASS_VERSION
    [debug] -- Commands:
    [debug] --- VERSION_COMMAND_CLASS_GET
    [debug] --- VERSION_COMMAND_CLASS_REPORT
    [debug] --- VERSION_GET
    [debug] --- VERSION_REPORT
    [debug] - CommandClass: COMMAND_CLASS_MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC
    [debug] -- Version: 2
    [debug] -- Commands:
    [debug] --- MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC_GET
    [debug] --- MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC_REPORT
    [debug] --- DEVICE_SPECIFIC_GET
    [debug] --- DEVICE_SPECIFIC_REPORT
    [debug] - CommandClass: COMMAND_CLASS_BASIC
    [debug] -- Commands:
    [debug] --- BASIC_GET
    [debug] --- BASIC_REPORT
    [debug] --- BASIC_SET
    [debug] ------------------------------------------

[debug]  COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_BINARY->SENSOR_BINARY_GET args: {} cb: true
    [debug]  COMMAND_CLASS_BATTERY->BATTERY_GET args: {} cb: true
    [debug] node.on('online') arguments: { '0': true }
    [debug] node.CommandClass['COMMAND_CLASS_BASIC'].on('report') arguments: { '0': { value: 1, name: 'BASIC_SET' },
      '1': { 'Value (Raw)': <Buffer 00>, Value: 0 },
      '2': null }
    [debug] node.CommandClass['COMMAND_CLASS_BASIC'].on('report') arguments: { '0': { value: 1, name: 'BASIC_SET' },
      '1': { 'Value (Raw)': <Buffer ff>, Value: 255 },
    [debug] node.on('online') arguments: { '0': false }
    [debug]  COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_BINARY SENSOR_BINARY_GET args: {} err: { [Error: TRANSMIT_COMPLETE_NO_ACK] message: 'TRANSMIT_COMPLETE_NO_ACK' } result: null
    [debug]  COMMAND_CLASS_BATTERY BATTERY_GET args: {} err: { [Error: TRANSMIT_COMPLETE_NO_ACK] message: 'TRANSMIT_COMPLETE_NO_ACK' } result: null
    [debug] node.on('online') arguments: { '0': true }
  • Here the output again only better formatted :smile: 

• MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited September 2016
    @blusser ;
    Please check the config of the device and make sure the report type is set to use "binary report".
  • you need to set "te versturen commando" on "16"
  • not seem to do/change anything :(
    should I run a debug again ?
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited September 2016
    Running debug is always a good idea! 

Your previous debug showed:
    We expect the changed parameter to be received by the Node, then moved to the COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_BINARY (instead of the COMMAND_CLASS_BASIC) and if so, the debug should show something like:
    [debug] node.CommandClass['COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_BINARY'].on('report') arguments: { '0': { value: 3, name: 'SENSOR_BINARY_REPORT' },
      '1':
       { 'Sensor Value (Raw)': <Buffer ff>,
         'Sensor Value': 'detected an event',
         'Sensor Type (Raw)': <Buffer 0c>,
         'Sensor Type': 'Motion' },
    So run the app in Debug, wait 30secs, move the door/window and post the output of it :)
  • I don't get my multisensor to work. After I click the 'action' button, I get the following screen...

I don't know what is meant by 'click the action button'. Is that an ordinary 'short' click or is it click-and-hold?
    Anyone any idea how to get my multisensor hooked up?

• Which sensor(type/number/etc) are you trying to pair?
  • hi @MarcoF ;It's the multisensor 6 (latest generation).
  • Jon said:
    hi @MarcoF ;It's the multisensor 6 (latest generation).
    OK, thats a Athom driver (which should not make a big difference)

Don't know how the Sensor6 is working with pairing, but the older motion sensor is OK with a short push on the "pair/action button".

Have you tried to remove the device?
    This makes sure the device is not connected with another Z-Wave network AND (as far as I known) the settings of the Node/Device are reset.
    Go to Homey>Settings>Z-Wave>Remove Device and let me know what the result was :)
  • There we go @MarcoF thanks a lot man!!

• And how can I make sure that the values (for me most important is luminance) is reported each 10 minutes for example?
    It seems to report it every 1 hour, but this sample rate is too low.
    I see something like the update interval value in the sensor settings, but there's a:
    - Informatie update interval associatie groep 1
    - Informatie update interval associatie groep 2
    - Informatie update interval associatie groep 3
    How the h*ll are we supposed to make sense of that...? ;) In which group is Homey?
    I thought the whole concept of apps would be make it much easier and noob-friendly to deal with Z-wave devices but why using such vocubalary instead of just making it plain and simple?
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited September 2016
    There's a very nasty bug in the default settings saving part on pairing. The idea is that after pairing the default settings of the app are saved in the Node. Unfortunately the nasty bug is preventing this and the device is working as designed by the manufacturer.

Hopefully Athom fixes this issue ASAP.

For now;
    Your Homey is probably in "groep 1".
  • Okay, that makes it a bit more clear.
    So if i remember well, the default (off-manufacturer) refresh rate was 1 hour. This is still unchangeable due to the bug in the Aeotec app, am I right?
    If so, it's indeed to hope that Athom can fix this asap.
    In the previous (non-app) era, this interval was also non-editable.
  • Jon said:
    Okay, that makes it a bit more clear.
    So if i remember well, the default (off-manufacturer) refresh rate was 1 hour. This is still unchangeable due to the bug in the Aeotec app, am I right?
    If so, it's indeed to hope that Athom can fix this asap.
    In the previous (non-app) era, this interval was also non-editable.
    You can change the settings, that should work. But as mentioned before, the default settings are not properly set upon pairing. Z-wave settings are not easy, and most of the time only for 'advanced' users, that's why the settings are somewhat technically described, because they just are like that. In the future you should not have to change these settings if you just want to use the basic functionality.
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited September 2016
    Parameters should be saved, but not on pairing.

Some more info to Robin's posts;
    Its up to the developer of the App to make the App in that way the user knows what to do with the settings.
    In the ideal world, the App developer defines the perfect default settings and the end-user just installs the app, pairs the sensor and everything works as expected.
    But there always will be users that want the insights to update every 5 instead of 10 mins. And then it should be clear to the end-user which setting (s)he should change.

I really hope Athom this week fixes the default settings bug :)
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited September 2016
    @blusser;
    Is the doorsensor already working?
  • @MarcoF ;

it seemed that my zwave network was a little bit busy but it works!
    thanks a lot!

• blusser said:
    @MarcoF ;

it seemed that my zwave network was a little bit busy but it works!
    thanks a lot!

Great! 

• JonJon Member
    edited September 2016
    MarcoF said:
    Parameters should be saved, but not on pairing.

Some more info to Robin's posts;
    Its up to the developer of the App to make the App in that way the user knows what to do with the settings.
    In the ideal world, the App developer defines the perfect default settings and the end-user just installs the app, pairs the sensor and everything works as expected.
    But there always will be users that want the insights to update every 5 instead of 10 mins. And then it should be clear to the end-user which setting (s)he should change.

I really hope Athom this week fixes the default settings bug
    Alright @MarcoF, but why do i still get an interval update of once per hour? I have (since yesterday evening) the following settings, which should give me an sample each 5 minutes, right? (i have rebooted both the sensor and Homey after setting this).

• @Jon ;
    I really have no idea! 
    Z-Wave is still a bit buggy and yesterday Jeroen created this issue;
    https://github.com/athombv/com.aeotec/issues/7

So maybe its better to just wait.....
  • DaneeDeKruyffDaneeDeKruyff Member
    edited September 2016

@Jon How is the sensor powered? It needs to be USB powered in order to send information more frequently than the default setting.

Another thing to test, does it work when you enter the needed settings in the RAW settings field (Check my How-To thread for the Multi sensor what parameter,length and setting you need)

• @Jon How is the sensor powered? It needs to be USB powered in order to send information more frequently than the default setting.
    Yeah, it is...
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited September 2016
    Just had a look at the code of the App and there seems to be  a bug in it......

The manual says:
    And if you want to report all of the sensors, you would add the
    whole table together and set the sum (227) to parameter 101, 102,
    or 103.

The App's code for parameter group 1 says;

{
    	"id": "241",
    	"label": {
    		"en": "All",
    		"nl": "Alles"
    	}
    }

This can be the cause of the fact the sensor isn't reporting as expected.....

1+2+32+64+128 = 227

• Where did you find that manual @MarcoF?

The engineering sheet shows this (sorry for the page break):

If you calculate this it will be (in reversed order, all bits included) 128+64+32+16+0+0+0+1= 241 

241 is the default according to the document:

Pepperbyte shows the same (but it's source is probably the engineering sheet)

http://www.pepper1.net/zwavedb/device/741

• MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited September 2016
    I found this manual:
    https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-us/article_attachments/205315906/aeotec-z-wave-multisensor-6_manual.pdf

Its the first result when searching on;
    "aeotec motion sensor 6 zw100 manual"

Also the parser Issue on Git could be a real killer.
    Every time I opened my Zwave.me rollershutter it closes 3 minutes later. There's a parameter which for this "auto close" time and all what I tried; It kept closing.

I was almost certain the Parameter wasn't saved/sent on/to the Node, but couldn't verify.
    Yesterday I had a conversation with Jeroen on Slack and he suggested to remove the Parser. After I removed the parser from the Zwave.me driver and set the parameter to "0" the sunscreen automagicly stayed open. This took me about 1,5 week searching, cursing (to Homey and the Node), etc. The most frustrating part was that I excluded it working from my Vera3 and 5min. later it was auto closing on Homey.....

First you need to be very certain if parameters are send correctly AND are saved correctly on the device.
    Then you need to be sure which values are expected for these parameters. 
    I don't own this particular sensor and also I didn't wrote the driver for it.

So if you guys are experiencing problems with this driver; Robin is the guys to spam! dizzy 
  • Ah, that looks like the one included with the sensor, Have to check that at home.

I've read your conversation on Slack, it was in the discussion about the settings longer than one byte right? Indeed very frustrating to find out after fighting with not working stuff...

I share your concern about the value's, information can be hard to find sometimes and not all sources show the same data. I Always try to find the engineering sheets for the Aeotec devices, but even those are not always right as there are several revisions around :(

And instead of using the settings on a device I tend to test it first with entering the Raw Configuration Parameters that way I know exactly what settings are applied (Just like the old days hahaha)

• Included with the sensor? Are there different (hardware)versions of this device?

If I understand it right, the Z-Wave driver handles all the (string)numbers/integers as is.
    The parser is only need to do magical conversion and also then the Parser is only needed when the Dev hasn't setup the settings rights.

See the ABC/DEF example where ABC = 1 and DEF = 2.
    IF the developer adds a dropdown with:
    label = ABC, value = ABC
    label = DEF, value = ABC

Then he should use the Parser to convert these ABC/DEF strings into integers.

IF the developers adds a dropdown as next, then the parser isn't needed;
    label = ABC, value = 1
    label = DEF, value = 2

and it doesn't matter how big the integer is, the Z-Wave driver can and will handle it.

The parser is only in very exotic situations needed and for now it looks like the Parser is also breaking things.

So;
    1. the parser isn't needed
    2. the parser is probably breaking things
    3. because of point 1 and 2 its preferable to drop the parser
    4. try to design the settings in such a way the parser isn't needed

• TinCup said:
    I think I'll have to revert to my earlier reply, I think it's a lower level zwave issue. Not sure how to help you with that. 
    Thanks for your help on this. Maybe Athom (@robin) has any idea on how to tackle this issue? 
    Anybody an idea what's going wrong? How to debug the lower level zwave issue? Could it be my Homeys Zwave chip is dead?