This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Fibaro universal binary sensor - How?

Hi Guys,

Just added a Fibaro universal binary sensor to my Homey with 2 x temp sensors (DS18B20) but because that device is not listed in the fibaro app i had to add it as a basic Z-wave device.

Now it sits there as a basic z-wave device and i have no clue how to go from here :) How do I get to the point where i can se the temperatures from the two sensors? Right now i can change some parameters that i have no knowledge of how to set and the i can turn the device on/off which does not make sense but that probably because the device is not added correctly.

Please help :)

Regards
Jacob

Comments

• Hi Jacob!

There still has to be a driver written for this specific Fibaro device! For now it will only function as a basic z-wave device.
  • Ok. So for now its useless? Any ETA for the arrival of the driver?

• First going to write 1 (maybe 2) other drivers,
    after that going to (try) write a driver for the universal binary sensor.
    So hopefully this weekend.
    or if other people are willing to write it ofcourse
  • caseda said:
    First going to write 1 (maybe 2) other drivers,
    after that going to (try) write a driver for the universal binary sensor.
    So hopefully this weekend.
    or if other people are willing to write it ofcourse
    Awesome. Thank you!
  • Any update on this! I really ned to be able to measure temp :)
  • Temperature I'm not able to add until athom changes something in their z-wave driver (endpoint handeling). 

And even the normal contacts I'm having some troubles. 
    I can get homey to recognize if the contact is closed or open, but only if I use Polling. 
    But at the moment the Polling uses way too much resources of the z-wave chip. 
    So there definitely needs something changed here. 

So probably nothing will come regarding the universal sensor until @Emile is back from his vacation. 

Sorry :neutral:.
    Really want to use the sensor myself as well for a project
  • It doesn't report?
  • It only reports when turning off callback. 

Seems like the callback doesn't wait long enough and then times out the connection, and thus no callback available and no report. 
  • I guess I don't have to tell you but asking anyway:
    Did you enable debug in the driver to see the communication which goes through the Athom Z-Wave driver?
  • Of course, otherwise I wouldn't know if there was a report or not, and wouldn't have known it's probably a timeout error. 

First need both contacts to work, after that I can create a custom mobile card for 2 alarms and a max of 4 temperature measurements 

It does work with Polling but 5 poll results are too many when you want (need) a short interval 
    And that's without inclusion of temperature measurements as well
  • Hmm, ok
  • Unless someone else has some more ideas, I'm open for anything :smiley: 
  • Hmm, they have the same question as me, is Polling needed? (they say will keep up to date, but no updates since December 2015. 

They do how ever talk about an option I could look at (using the association groups). 
    But I would like to keep that option away since there is only a limited amount of id's that can be specified there. And adds more traffic towards homey as well. 

So I'll see what I can do this weekend with association groups, otherwise it will be (only) a week of waiting
  • Hi Guys,

Any update on this?

/Jacob
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited October 2016
    @mylles ;
    i responded to this question few day ago.

But there is another small update on this matter, i can't add the temperature sensor's yet.
    The "optional: true" tag doesn't work with the external temperature sensors yet.

I have not gotten any further with both inputs yet, still thinking of new (better) ways that has both good responce time but also not too much traffic
  • myllesmylles Member
    edited October 2016
    OK. Thanks alot for working on this.

I have sensors (DS18B20) built in 2 sets of floors and I am trying to create a setup where those sensors report temperatures to Homey so that Homey can use a Fibaro double relay switch to control telestats to control the heating in the 2 rooms. I do also have fibaro motion sensors in those 2 rooms so i gues I could use those. I just figured the sensors in the flor would be more precise?

Regards
    Jacob
  • strange, it used to work with my Vera edge and off course with fibaro's own controller.
    Little sad that it isn't working as it supposed to.
    Gonna look for alternatives then, this is gonna take a while if it is gonna happen at all.
  • caseda said:
    @mylles ;;
    The "optional: true" tag doesn't work with the external temperature sensors yet.
    What's the problem?
  • @robin, see my last dm here :smile:
  • Hi guys,

Just checking in to see if there is an update to when i should be able to meassure 2 x temp sensors (DS18B20)on the fibaro binary sensor?

Any update on this?

Regards
    Jacob
  • As soon as 0.10.8 is out i should be able to use multiple (same) capabilities.

until then we can't do anything else, then just wait for the next homey update
  • OK. Thanks for the update!
  • So 0.10.9 is out. Should this be working now or will there be an update to the fibaro app?
  • I've got the contacts working
    the temperature sensor do not work yet because of a listening bug on multichannel (which the Sensors are)
    Will be fixed next week. 

But definitely needs an update to the app, like everyone new device being added
  • @caseda ;
    https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/773
    Do you know if this is related?
    Because they started their investigation on it recently.
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited November 2016
    @RobinVanKekem ;
    that is indeed related, they have found the issue and are going to fix it this week :smile: lets hope that's the last issue for the FGBS.
  • Hi, I was wondering what the status of these temperature sensors is. Because I can't read them out. 
  • @mightymarc2005 ;
    the universal binary sensor is working completely now.

what app version are you using?
    did you attach the temperature sensor before including it to homey? (this is a MUST)
    did you wire it properly?
  • Hi that's nice to hear. I have version 1.1.3 of the Fibaro app. I wired the sensor correctly according to the manual and added the sensor before pairing it to the Homey network. I also removed it from the network again to reset the sensor with help of the Fibaro video and try to add it again. The alarm status works perfect.only no temperature readout.