This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

Official Homey iOS App discussion topic

Comments

• Ok first thing i noticed how do i get rit of a notification. The homey app logo still showing the number of notifications that i already read. Where in the app can you see the notifications?
  • superice said:
    Julian said:
    Just updated the iOS app, the changelog said it now included push notifications. Although the app when started asks permission to send notifications I have no idear how to add notifications in Homey? If I try to add Phone (or Telefoon) in the Then column and click on the Choose a device there are no results. Am I missing something or doing something wrong? Or does it just not work yet :smiley: 
    Can you try force closing the app and reopening it to see if that solves the problem?
    First thing I tried, then logging off and logging in again. Also logged out/in on Homey itself. Then I posted :smiley: 

But now closed the app again and opened it, and now it works. Yeeh! No idear why the second time it worked, but Homey sometimes works in mysterious ways...
  • supericesuperice Member
    edited August 2016
    Julian said:
    First thing I tried, then logging off and logging in again. Also logged out/in on Homey itself. Then I posted smiley 

But now closed the app again and opened it, and now it works. Yeeh! No idear why the second time it worked, but Homey sometimes works in mysterious ways...
    It's not that mysterious at all if you know how it works :P The app only tries to register itself to the cloud when it starts freshly (from a killed state) AND a user is logged in at that moment. This is exactly why logging in again doesn't work; it doesn't restart the app. I'll fix that in the next update to include trying to register just after logging in. Sorry about that, hopefully everyone will only encounter that bug once ;)
  • I meant I first killed it and restarted it > nothing. Then I did the logoff/logon > nothing. But the second time killing it and restarting did the trick. 

But the notifications do not seem to work 100%, when my iPhone is in sleepmode I do not get a notification (while the app has these permissons) and when I open it I see the counter on the app. And when my iPhone is 'open' I see the notification on top but without a sound. But it is present in the notification center. 
  • Julian said:
    I meant I first killed it and restarted it > nothing. Then I did the logoff/logon > nothing. But the second time killing it and restarting did the trick. 

But the notifications do not seem to work 100%, when my iPhone is in sleepmode I do not get a notification (while the app has these permissons) and when I open it I see the counter on the app. And when my iPhone is 'open' I see the notification on top but without a sound. But it is present in the notification center. 
    A new version of our notifications server has just deployed which should enable sound notifications, so from now on that should work.
  • superice said:

A new version of our notifications server has just deployed which should enable sound notifications, so from now on that should work.
    Yep!
  • But you cannot see the notifications in Homey, that is correct?And as indicated above the notification stays on the Homey app, but the notification has been read (in the notif center). So indeed how do you get rid of this? Other than force killing.
  • Julian said:
    But you cannot see the notifications in Homey, that is correct?And as indicated above the notification stays on the Homey app, but the notification has been read (in the notif center). So indeed how do you get rid of this? Other than force killing.
    We just disabled the 'badge' in the app as well with the last notification-service deployment, so it shouldn't appear anymore
  • So what's next? Change the sounds? For fire alarm the sound of a fire sirene?

• superice said:
    Julian said:
    Just updated the iOS app, the changelog said it now included push notifications. Although the app when started asks permission to send notifications I have no idear how to add notifications in Homey? If I try to add Phone (or Telefoon) in the Then column and click on the Choose a device there are no results. Am I missing something or doing something wrong? Or does it just not work yet :smiley: 
    Can you try force closing the app and reopening it to see if that solves the problem?
    Hm did that and even restarted my phone, but still when I try to add the mobile into a flow, the selection part for "which device" stays empty..  am I missing somethings here (do I need to add my phone as a device ?)
  • Robebar said:
    Hm did that and even restarted my phone, but still when I try to add the mobile into a flow, the selection part for "which device" stays empty..  am I missing somethings here (do I need to add my phone as a device ?)
    Just to summarize a few different solutions we've seen from different people:
    • Make sure you have a working internet connection.
    • Force-quit the App and restart, then wait a few minutes with the app open.
    • logout and login on the app, then force-quit the app, restart and wait a few minutes with the app open.
    • reinstall app, login, then force-quit the app and restart and wait a few minutes with the app open.
    • re-login to Homey itself before creating a push-flow.
    Please try these before reporting any further issues with device visibility in Homey. We're currently investigating why these solutions seem to be required for some users and not for others.
  • Thx Jeroen, this works for me for the push message card. Push morse card is not seeing my device.
  • Robinjo said:
    Thx Jeroen, this works for me for the push message card. Push morse card is not seeing my device.
    That is because iOS does not support vibrating in a pattern while the app is in the background.
  • @JeroenVollenbrock   thanks that did the trick, just a little wait with the app running  :)
  • @JeroenVollenbrock;  It doesn't work for me. Tried all steps but no phone device is visible in Homey
  • keyracer said:
    @JeroenVollenbrock;  It doesn't work for me. Tried all steps but no phone device is visible in Homey
    I actually have two now! Maybe I have yours :wink: 
  • I can see two iphone from me in myahtom now. Maybe it took much longer than i expected..... Strange thing is i only registered the app on one phone.
  • PeaoPeao Member
    With android there is a known bug that old installation of the app leave their instance of the phone in the dropdown menu. Maybe you have reinstalled it? In that case just select the last phone in this list. The old phones will be erased when the bug is fixed.
  • Would like a time-out for the push notification. Like if not confirmed, go on within the flow Or did i mis a solution for that scenario?
  • when can we expect presence detection for iOS?
  • Tim_Brass said:
    when can we expect presence detection for iOS?
    Soon™

Perhaps in the next update, perhaps in the one after that, depending on how good our first try seems to work. On iOS geofencing is more reliable than on Android, so we're going to try geofencing first, we're going to test that extensively, and if it works well enough, then we'll ship it.

We're working on it, but we can't really make any promises. We'll ship it when it works reliable enough ;)
  • App version 1.2.1 did pass review last night, so any issues with push should be resolved entirely. The app shouldn't make any more duplicate entries of itself in the flow editor, and it is going to actively search and delete duplicate mentions of the device. If any of you notice any problems with push notifications please let me know.

This update does not contain the home detection yet, that'll probably ship in the next update.
  • When does de ios app gett the LANDSCAPE functionality back agian it looks very bad on mij ipad minis in the wall. It was there in past for a week or so...

• superice said:
    Tim_Brass said:
    when can we expect presence detection for iOS?
    Soon™

Perhaps in the next update, perhaps in the one after that, depending on how good our first try seems to work. On iOS geofencing is more reliable than on Android, so we're going to try geofencing first, we're going to test that extensively, and if it works well enough, then we'll ship it.

We're working on it, but we can't really make any promises. We'll ship it when it works reliable enough ;)
    Please keep in mind that the way IFTTT using iOS location services is probably not the right one. It is on regular basis not stable and therefore not a good solution to use as trigger! I hope the solution you guys building has the possibility to distinguish more then one person. thanks! 
  • Yamahaa said:
    When does de ios app gett the LANDSCAPE functionality back agian it looks very bad on mij ipad minis in the wall. It was there in past for a week or so...

Whenever we have the time to fix the landscape mode layout. There were some bugs that were not entirely straightforward to fix, and to prevent graphical glitches we've temporary disabled landscape mode. I'll try to get it working again in the next update ;)
  • Great thank you Sir
  • Is there already news about the presence detection for iOS?
    We have been waiting so long for this.

• 2Be2Be Member
    Pakacom said:
    Is there already news about the presence detection for iOS?

Yeah @superice ;
    Could you give us some more info on the progress of the iOS app or have you been working on other Homey related projects?
  • 2Be said:
    Pakacom said:

Yeah @superice ;
    Could you give us some more info on the progress of the iOS app or have you been working on other Homey related projects?
    Working on geofencing for iOS right now, if all goes according to plan I expect an update either end of this week, or begin next week :)
  • superice said:
    2Be said:
    Pakacom said:

Yeah @superice ;
    Working on geofencing for iOS right now, if all goes according to plan I expect an update either end of this week, or begin next week :)
    that's good to hearI think you make a lot of people happy with This update