This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

Official Homey iOS App discussion topic

1234568»

Comments

• Widget/Siri Support would be awesome!  With IOS 10 you can use Siri with your own apps.
  • @ericjanvanputten and @Chielvb as stated elsewhere at the forum since the iOS update it works great at my iPad v.9.3.5. Just reading your experiences I did a retest with my devices. All give a change (open/close etc.) in real time. The devices have very different origin: zwave+ doorstrips, kaku switches and fibaro multisensor zwave+. Unfortunately I cannot explain the differences.
  • Within the IOS App 1.3.1 Build 59 I can not select main zones.

So I start my App get Thuis then I want to open the Buiten zone and I can not select it.

Already reported this before to Emile also with a video but is it known when this will be fixed because I now have to bypass this issue by adding all devices to the Thuis zone
  • question: would it be possible to get the app to listen in the background?
    so the idea is to have a tablet on the wall with homeydash app, but would be good to have the ios app on the background to listen in and use the voice options. i tried it on my phone but doesnt seem to work. 
  • AND :) how can i use the notification with a yes/no option i saw in another forum post. so that a notification is sent to the app, but then i get a choice, yes/no :) how do i do that?
  • Put ur phone in the middle colom in a flow

• Put ur phone in the middle colom in a flow

cool that worked.. then another noob - no investigation done yet - question, so i say yes / no.. how can i use that? :) 
    so lets say question is 'open door?' Yes -> start flow? or flip device.. how do i do that.. 
  • Yes will start the flow, no will kill it.
  • Yes will start the flow, no will kill it.
    thanks man, so simple... like me ;) 
    thanks!
  • JschuetzJschuetz Member
    edited February 2017
    It woulb be very cool if you could press longer on a device (socket, light) and then you will get a timer like in the lifx app. So i could use a sleep timer (turn off in xx minutes) or alarm timer (turn on in XX minutes).

The Lifx App makes it very easy. If the device is on/off and you press it longer it will give you a popup:

turn on/of:
    10 seconds
    30 seconds
    2 minutes
    5 minutes
    10 minutes
    30 minutes
    cancel

And you can use the the same to turn it on.

And it would be cooler if you could use widgets and a favourite default view. It needs to much time control devices. I have to open the app, then i have to change the zone and  after that i have to scroll cause the icons are to big...
  • I see there's currently work going into the Android version of the app with improvements around the geofencing...

I was just wondering if the same is being done to iOS? Or is the functionality there already?
    Is there a TestFlight version available?
  • AaronAaron Member
    Hi,
    I am using geofencing everyday with two iPhones and it is working 100% of the time. This may not be the truth for everyone but just try it.

greetings,
    Aaron
  • Aaron said:
    Hi,
    I am using geofencing everyday with two iPhones and it is working 100% of the time. This may not be the truth for everyone but just try it.

greetings,
    Aaron
    For me it works around 80% of the time... I had to build in a failsafe using the Ubiquiti UniFi App that also checks if the device disconnects from the WiFi.
  • For some reason the Homey IOS app tells me the "User credentials are invalid".
    I use the same login/password on my Windows PC for both the app as in Chrome without any problems.
    Someone knows this? Is the a maximum character limit in IOS?

• Solution: It seems that for the username the Homey IOS app is capitial sensitive, while the Windows Homey app is not capital sensitive. Make sure you check your username for capitals that is used in Homey.

This might be reported as a bug.
    Also I'm pretty sure I used some capitals in my username when I made my account information. So maybe Athom changes the username to small by default?

• in the past the homey desktop 'app' showed when i came home/left in the account area top right. 
    But recently its not showing that anymore, i have the app on my iphone and its set to work on geofencing. anyone any idea?