This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

KaKu devices deprecated?

Could someone shed some light as to why some devices are not supported anymore in the KaKu app? I'm a but bummed, since I spend € 50 on KaKu sockets of the older type, which are now not supported since I updated yesterday. I also cannot find any record of a depreciation warning.

Thanks for any info.

Comments

• edited August 2016
    Those deprecated devices are merely the old drivers. The KAKU app has been rewritten and in the new version, we've decided to name the specific product numbers that are used to test the app with instead of device descriptions. Could you perhaps tell me the product number of your older device?
  • edited August 2016
    @JeroenVollenbrock ;I have a set of PAR-1000's.
  • ACM 1000 should work. We have a ACM 1000 wich works like charm. What we did is adding a socket and add a custom signal to it.

@JeroenVollenbrock is the acm-320 still supported?

• @jjtbsomhorst could you be a bit more specific? what kind off socket did you added and how did you manage to add a custom signal to it?
  • I checked and apparently I used a APA3-1500RS as a base.

• no succes yet.. would like athom to add the support for this devices..

• I don't have most of those devices to test with, but it should be possible to pair:
    PAR-1000 using AC-XXX
    ACM-1000 using APA2-2300R
    ACM-3500 using 3 separate APA2-2300R devices in homey
    AWMR-239 using APA2-2300R

Unfortunately, KaKu does not have a very logical way of naming their devices. This makes it hard to find the correct driver, but i'll investigate if it's possible to make it a little more clear in the KaKu app. We've changed the names of the drivers in the app to mention specific model numbers to avoid these kinds of issues. But apparently there are some more product numbers that should be included in the pairing wizard.
  • edited August 2016
    @JeroenVollenbrock ;
    OK, could you explain how that should work? On the older app, with the PAR-1000 I had to manually enter the correct setting (A1 through D3). How does the coupling through the AC-XXX work?

FYI: I do not have a remote (that's what the Homey is for  ;)).
  • JaxcJaxc Member

@JeroenVollenbrock I think for a lot of users thats difficult to use. Isn't it possible to duplicate the drivers with a new name?? So all devices will get 'officialy' covered??

• @JeroenVollenbrock ;
    OK, could you explain how that should work? On the older app, with the PAR-1000 I had to manually enter the correct setting (A1 through D3). How does the coupling through the AC-XXX work?

FYI: I do not have a remote (that's what the Homey is for  ;)).
    Oh, i just noticed the pairing wizard does not show the code it is sending. I'll submit an internal request to add this asap.
  • ACM-1000 using APA2-2300R is not working. It says its paired but not working.
  • @JeroenVollenbrock I think for a lot of users thats difficult to use. Isn't it possible to duplicate the drivers with a new name?? So all devices will get 'officialy' covered??

It is, but i prefer not to do this with untested devices.
  • Oh, i just noticed the pairing wizard does not show the code it is sending. I'll submit an internal request to add this asap.
    FYI: I just tried to couple the PAR-1000 using the AC-XXX driver, by selecting every possible channel on the device and then trying to couple. No success.
  • Oh, i just noticed the pairing wizard does not show the code it is sending. I'll submit an internal request to add this asap.
    FYI: I just tried to couple the PAR-1000 using the AC-XXX driver, by selecting every possible channel on the device and then trying to couple. No success.
    I've looked into this issue, and just created a small update for the kaku app (2.1.1). This update shows the generated code in the pairing wizard of the AC-XXX driver. When @baskiers gets back from his holidays, we'll publish another update in which the older devices are added.

• Thanks, I got the update and after quite a few Next / Prev presses I got a channel which was available on the socket. Set the socket to that channel and it worked fine. User input of the channel to use is a necessity IMO.
  • I've just released version 2.2.0 of the KaKu app which adds devices with codewheels. You can now manually set the code from the pair wizard.
  • @baskiers Thanks, will try to test is asap. The codewheel looks sweet btw :smile: