This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Single voice command for multiple processes?

Is it possible to set up specific voice commands to control multiple devices? For example, on a single command, Homey closes the blinds in the baby's room, dims Hue bulbs to a preset colour, and plays a sonos playlist at a specific volume in that room's zone.

Comments

• Yes, if you create a flow.
    Your kid is gonna have a fancy bedroom by the way ;)

• Hey, if you can add a command to turn his volume down, I'd be even happier!!

• i know the feeling :)

• I'm still struggling a bit with the concept of 'normal' voice commands and flows.

Let's say for example I want to turn off all the lights when I go to sleep, but the outdoor lights need to stay on.
    Can I say something like this:

• 'Homey, turn off the interior lights'
    • 'Homey, turn off all the lights except the exterior ones'

without having to create a flow for that?

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom

You can name zones in your command that you want to include. Exluding zones isn't supporting yet, but worth to look at, thanks!

• I would say something like "Hey homey, time to go to sleep" which would subsequently trigger the "going to sleep" flow, and which would shut down all devices, lock the door, turn of all lights inside in the livingroom, and turn on the lights at the stairs for one minute.

(Out of interest; why would you not want to create a flow for something you do on a daily basis? )

• Emile said:
    You can name zones in your command that you want to include. Exluding zones isn't supporting yet, but worth to look at, thanks!

Hey, if you can make my life easier, I'm glad to help make suggestions for that :-P

cjvs said:
    I would say something like "Hey homey, time to go to sleep" which would subsequently trigger the "going to sleep" flow, and which would shut down all devices, lock the door, turn of all lights inside in the livingroom, and turn on the lights at the stairs for one minute.

(Out of interest; why would you not want to create a flow for something you do on a daily basis? )

It's not that I wouldn't want to do that, I'm just trying to get an idea of when that would be necessary :-)

This discussion has been closed.