This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

SonoS support

Wouldn't it be great to have SonoS support in Homey? I am surprised it isn't supported allready since I thought SonoS is really big but then again maybe I'm wrong. But support for SonoS together with Spotify would be a great combo to start a playlist or a sonos tuneinradio combo to start listening to a radio station :)

Comments

• I am sorry guys, there are allready some posts about SonoS so if you wanna lock this threat it's ok by me. However, the github files are 9 months old so development seems stuck to me..
  • hehe, i ask @Emile the same question, a couple hours ago  :# 

• Think it's still oke to remind athom at this! WE WANT SONOS SUPPORTED :-)
  • EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    edited April 2016
    Yes yes yes we're working on it :-D
  • mruitermruiter Member
    edited April 2016
    yes yes yes, the new main page of Homey.
    First device listed as supported  is Sonos..... Where is it, i cant find it in the app store !?

And then also great smarttv support......
    The bat and biggst selling brand Samsung......
    it is not even supported yet.  when you do learn remote.... punch in the smarttv button on the remote its not supported.....

You could have listed the real supported devices and added these when it was really supported...... Now you guys starting to be like Nest..

yes we support modulation,   Ohhh you guys bought a thousand pieces from us,,,..

well sorry but we will support it in the spring, just at the moment youre thermostat has no function any more.
  • JaxcJaxc Member
    @mruiter better update you're nest. Modulation is working
  • mruitermruiter Member
    edited April 2016
    @mruiter better update you're nest. Modulation is working

mruiter said:
    yes yes yes, the new main page of Homey.
    First device listed as supported  is Sonos..... Where is it, i cant find it in the app store !?
    No, read better..... as said. Its spring, now we support it.  My home now is 20 degrees without using my cv..... So i have no use for the nest anymore. By the time its november they will either be kicked out of the Google abc group or will have a nest v4

But this is about Sonos now fully supported as said on the live website.. Again, where can i download the app : )
  • The same for the smarter coffee. Can't find the app
  • i really really need the Sonos app so bad! ... damn...  B)
  • mruitermruiter Member
    edited April 2016
    Emile just said, probably tomorrow on patch friday the new .30 release

Guess. Sonos support wil be in there then. ; )
  • EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    I understand your reactions. All devices listed on the new website will definitely work when we ship Homeys that are bought on the new website. Please give us some time to get it right and we won't disappoint :) 
  • aloftaloft Member
    For a "quick & dirty" solution for Sonos support while we wait for the Sonos App that supports Sonos remote control:

https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/18437/#Comment_18437

You'll need an extra device (your NAS, a Raspberry PI, PC that is running 24/7 etc ) to run some extra software.

The extra software is written in JavaScript/NodeJS, so it might be easy to alter it to run on a Homey. I reckon (and hope!) this is what @Emile  and friends are doing ;-)

• @Emile ;

In may you said: 
    In the upcoming weeks, we'll focus on Infrared, Bluetooth LE, 433 & 868 MHz FSK and core stability. Within two months we expect to have audio streaming to Sonos and other Bluetooth & Wi-Fi speakers working, with full playlist support! That's going to be amazing: a playlist can contain tracks from various apps, like Spotify, SoundCloud, YouTube etc.

Is there already any news about the Sonos app?  :# 
  • jovinkjovink Member
    edited July 2016
    Emile said:
    I understand your reactions. All devices listed on the new website will definitely work when we ship Homeys that are bought on the new website. Please give us some time to get it right and we won't disappoint   

Ande here Emile said

Sorry, just updated it. July 18th will be the next shipping date for pre-orders!

So from July 18 everything must work. 

(So, ill sit back and wait for the reactions

• 1.0.0 won't launch untill september om So! 
  • jovinkjovink Member
    He didn't say version 1.0.0. 
    He said when they ship the orders made on the new website.
    and on the website there's nothing about beta or pre orders. 
    Only a shipping date. 

• Love my sonos system =)
  • Wow it's the 18th of July... no Sonos app yet..
  • So far my Homey is still nothing more then an expensive paperweight. The Sonos app would be one good application. In january it was high on the list of apps-in-development-soon-to-be-released. In april Emile said give us time and we won't disappoint you... Eh well, I guess we have to wait more a little more. 
  • So far my Homey is still nothing more then an expensive paperweight. The Sonos app would be one good application. In january it was high on the list of apps-in-development-soon-to-be-released. In april Emile said give us time and we won't disappoint you... Eh well, I guess we have to wait more a little more. 
    The paperweight has some nice colors when you try to talk to it though.
  • Get a Logitech harmony hub. Homey can talk to that and start an activity. The harmony hub will start all devices necessary. 
  • Does it work well? 
    This harmony hub?
    Can it start tv .... change channels 
    And so on?
  • Buy a Harmony Hub to cope for the shortcommings  :D What will they think of next  :D

Lol lol lol and lol... 
  • I hope that homey Sonos support   in a couple months?  :| 
  • Ok, Sonos now listens to my Homey. For now it is still limited to Play, Pause, Next, Previous and Set volume, but it is a start.
  • Hello,

question: i got spotify and Sonos installed but now in Music I cant select Sonos as output. Can see my playlist etc. Anyone an idea?
  • @Mister.Green
    do you have the beta version of the sonos app installed?
  • Hello,

question: i got spotify and Sonos installed but now in Music I cant select Sonos as output. Can see my playlist etc. Anyone an idea?
    Did you install the beta version of the Sonos app? And did you add the sonos as a 'device' in the devices part of Homey?
  • yes beta version. And yes a added all my sonos. Strange. I checked the help in the site but coundnt find anyhting else that needed to be done