This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Pebble Time Smart-watch app

Hi,

Is there any plain to create a Pebble app for Homey? The new Pebble Time watch that has just been released on Kickstarter seems like a great platform to control Homey especially the mic that could to used to instruct Homey when out of range of homeys on board mic.

Thanks,

Adam.

Comments

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    Would be great! We don't have one though :)
  • JonJon Member
    Would be awesome. What do you guys think Emile? Although you haven't one right now, will there be plans for an app in the future?
    I'd love to, but to be honest, this is something I'd rather let the community do. It makes more sense for us to develop an Android Wear and Apple Watch app.
  • JonJon Member
    Okay fair enough. You guys must be busy anyhow ;)
    Will, by the way, your Android (phone) app also support voice recognition to address Homey remotely?
    Perhaps even with a widget so commanding Homey from a phone will be almost as easy as commanding Homey itself?
    Yes, phone voice control works the same as locally. A widget might be a good idea, we'll look into it!
  • Isn't that what Stephan did in the original Kickstarter video when he asks Homey in the car via the app on his phone to pre heat the oven? Whether that is done via an app on your phone or on your watch is then basically the same I assume. A widget for easy access to the Homey voice command input is indeed a good idea!

Related to that, if you give a command to Homey via the app will Homey then be able to respond vocally via the app? Similar as to when you are locally talking with Homey?
    Yes, Homey talks back through your phone!
  • I would also love a Pebble Time app. Any of the real cool nerds planning on working on it? I'm kind of dependent since I'm one of those wannabe nerds....

• JonJon Member
    bvanderg said:

I would also love a Pebble Time app. Any of the real cool nerds planning on working on it? I'm kind of dependent since I'm one of those wannabe nerds....

Me2
This discussion has been closed.