This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

Official Homey iOS App discussion topic

Comments

• bvdbosbvdbos Member
    Hello,

Is it correct that I can only give spoken commands in English? My Homey is configured to use Dutch as its main language and thats working ok on the Homey. Talking dutch to the IOS app does not work and all dutch commands are translated to (hilarious) english commands.
    Did you read this thread before asking? It's mentioned several times...
  • MarkSwiftMarkSwift Member
    edited June 2016
    When will we get presence detection or push messages?

So many iOS users and so little updates...
  • posthokposthok Member
    edited June 2016
    It seems ios is not a priority. they only release firmware with minor updates and new bugs.
    Geofencing on ios is on my wishlist. But i keep dreaming.
    The progress Athom is making on innovation is not very promising.
  • They work in turns on stuff. There has been a large Android update so my guess is they now continue to work on other things like IOS.
  • MarkSwift said:
    When will we get presence detection or push messages?

So many iOS users and so little updates...
    We're working on it! We're currently using the Android beta testers to confirm the strategy we use for presence detection is working. The majority of the Android users doesn't have presence detection yet as well. As for push notifications, those are a bit more limited on iOS, so we're trying to work around that as much as possible.

posthok said:
    It seems ios is not a priority. they only release firmware with minor updates and new bugs.
    Geofencing on ios is on my wishlist. But i keep dreaming.
    The progress Athom is making on innovation is not very promising.
    iOS is a priority, but we can't experiment on iOS as Apple has to review the app. That means it has to be more stable, more mature, and better thought out than on Android. The progress we're making isn't necessarily in the parts you directly see and interact with, but rather in the underlying core of our system.

We can't just keep patching stuff and give everyone new eye candy every few days to keep everyone happy. We want to give you guys way more than that, and big features just can't be built within a few days. If it was just waving around with a magic wand and writing posts about what cool new stuff we're releasing, then there would be a lot more companies doing the same thing ;)

They work in turns on stuff. There has been a large Android update so my guess is they now continue to work on other things like IOS.
    Couldn't have said it better myself :)
  • ArjanArjan Member
    Since the first Version of the IOS app is live, is it an option to use Testflight to test the app or would a submission be required for that as well?
  • Arjan said:
    Since the first Version of the IOS app is live, is it an option to use Testflight to test the app or would a submission be required for that as well?
    For internal beta (which, sadly, really is internal; I can only add people that have access to our developer account at Apple) it doesn't require review, but for external beta it does, although checking there is probably less strict. Anyway, it isn't easy to experiment on Apple platforms, which is exactly why we use the Android guys as guinea pigs ;) (well, opt-in only ofcourse).
  • ArjanArjan Member
    superice said:
    Arjan said:
    For internal beta (which, sadly, really is internal; I can only add people that have access to our developer account at Apple) it doesn't require review, but for external beta it does, although checking there is probably less strict. Anyway, it isn't easy to experiment on Apple platforms, which is exactly why we use the Android guys as guinea pigs ;) (well, opt-in only ofcourse).
    Isn't there an option where you could add external phones (UDID) to your developer account (it was sort of an invitation) and people could than install the app manually through iTunes. I believe there was also a certificate necessary before the installation was possible. Not sure if this is outdated (helped a company 3 years ago with some sort of this process.)
  • posthokposthok Member
    edited June 2016
    Ok i redraw my sceptic words. At least I like 0.8.36 and runs very stable. Patience is not one of my virtues.
    @superice Thanx for the update.

• @superice ;It's a real shame you guys haven't added iPAD support from the start, like most automation systems, the iPAD makes the ideal control centre given its screen size. We use ours to control other systems and the various iPADS's around the house are an integral part of our automated life :)

Will this be added?
  • MarkSwift said:
    @superice ;It's a real shame you guys haven't added iPAD support from the start, like most automation systems, the iPAD makes the ideal control centre given its screen size. We use ours to control other systems and the various iPADS's around the house are an integral part of our automated life :)

Will this be added?
    Yes! It's not entirely straightforward, because the cards can hardly be full width on an iPad (I'm thinking of a 2 column grid or something like that) but we plan to add this in the near future :)
  • wingiewingie Member
    @superice when will Dutch be available because the app is now of no use to people who are using Dutch with their homey? And are you planning to redesign the interface so it looks more as a native ios designed app (as far as I understood it's now a wrapper around mobile interface) in which you directly can access things like in the homewizard app. The current interface is lacking logic for me.
  • jovinkjovink Member
    There's a iOS update! 
  • ArjanArjan Member
    @superice If you force shutdown the app and reopen the app again it doesn't want to load devices. Bypass for this issue is to go into media wait until that is loaded, than back into the devices and they will appear again.
  • jovink said:
    There's a iOS update! 
    That is certainly true! Version 1.1, build 13 has just been approved by Apple, which contains a settings screen, tap-to-talk and some other tiny improvements. It does not have push notifications or home detection yet though, we're still working on that.

Arjan said:
    @superice If you force shutdown the app and reopen the app again it doesn't want to load devices. Bypass for this issue is to go into media wait until that is loaded, than back into the devices and they will appear again.
    Yes, I just heard that from a colleague of mine as well. The weird thing is that I cannot reproduce this, neither in the simulator, nor on my iPhone 5C test device. I'll see if I can debug that on the iPhone of my colleague. Sorry for shipping a (partially) broken update, I'll try to fix it asap. Can I ask what kind of device you're on?
  • Great new update, dutch voice is now also working!
  • ArjanArjan Member
    edited June 2016
    @superice No big deal.

I'm using an iPhone 6 (64gb) running 9.3.2 . I didn't give permission to the microphone on first instal and disabled the microphone and tap to listen on the settings app. Will try tomorrow on my company iPhone 6 as well.

Heard some good news that Dutch is available.
  • Arjan said:
    Okay, I've just found a workaround. It appears to be a bug in the framework we use. I've just implemented the workaround and submitted a new build to Apple. We'll test internally tomorrow morning and hopefully we'll have it shipped before the weekend, but that depends on how much time Apple takes for it's review.
  • ArjanArjan Member
    superice said:
    Arjan said:
    Okay, I've just found a workaround. It appears to be a bug in the framework we use. I've just implemented the workaround and submitted a new build to Apple. We'll test internally tomorrow morning and hopefully we'll have it shipped before the weekend, but that depends on how much time Apple takes for it's review.
    That's a fast fix, nice job!
  • ArjanArjan Member
    edited June 2016
    @superice got some more things for you to have a look at.

1. Devices won't show if you enter the login credentials false on a first login. (not sure if fixed in the update)
    2. Start from a clean login while holding in landscape mode the screen and login to the app, the screen will look funny like described in the other post.
    3. Start from a clean login while holding in portrait mode and switch to portrait mode (first issue that arise is ground floor is hidden under the bar partially. (Continue to 4.)
    4. While the zone screen is still expanded go to media  and go back to devices, now ground floor will stay in the screen. Also happends when settings is selected.
    5. when you tilt the screen into portrait mode again the top bar is misaligned and the zones and devices screen can't be selected anymore.

If pictures are needed, please let me know. Have fun!
  • ReflowReflow Member
    edited June 2016
    1.1.1 has been released by Apple in the appstore. Seems to work fine (ios 10)
  • RobinjoRobinjo Member
    edited June 2016
    When i updated the app i got the beyond picture after logging in and switching between zones.

force killing the app won't work
    rebooting iPhone didn't work.
    only thing that works was removing app en reinstall from App Store.

I use iPhone 6
  • Robinjo said:
    When i updated the app i got the beyond picture after logging in and switching between zones.

force killing the app won't work
    rebooting iPhone didn't work.
    only thing that works was removing app en reinstall from App Store.

I use iPhone 6
    Yes, that is a rare bug that happens when upgrading to a new version due to an incompatible previous internal data format. I've fixed that in the Android app already so upcoming releases shouldn't have that problem anymore. (There's a pretty badass migration system in place now to prevent these type of bugs in the future).
  • With Testflight you can have random people beta test your app. GetVera does this for their Vera app which I use. In the past, when TestFlight was not owned by Apple, you needed to fiddle with teams and people and UUID's. Not anymore. Just invite people and there you go. Also not limited to 100 devices anymore. Really, have a look at it.
  • swtttswttt Member
    edited June 2016
    @superice You guys are aware of the iOS push changes in iOS 10? smile Didn't checked it out yet, but read somewhere they added a function to update push notifications. (So if some motion sensor gets triggered a few times, you don't receive 20 push notifications, but just one with a text that you had 20 x motion sensor triggered)

I would feel sad if you guys weren't aware and i didn't told you, so you would have to rewrite the push part when iOS 10 releases smiley 

• p0ntsp0nts Member
    edited June 2016
    It listens much better than the homey itself does, without background noise on both...

Very frustrating
  • Just updated the iOS app, the changelog said it now included push notifications. Although the app when started asks permission to send notifications I have no idear how to add notifications in Homey? If I try to add Phone (or Telefoon) in the Then column and click on the Choose a device there are no results. Am I missing something or doing something wrong? Or does it just not work yet :smiley: 
  • i have the exact same issue
  • Julian said:
    Just updated the iOS app, the changelog said it now included push notifications. Although the app when started asks permission to send notifications I have no idear how to add notifications in Homey? If I try to add Phone (or Telefoon) in the Then column and click on the Choose a device there are no results. Am I missing something or doing something wrong? Or does it just not work yet :smiley: 
    Can you try force closing the app and reopening it to see if that solves the problem?
  • that did the trick!