This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Wireless Thermometers

HI

Will the Homey support the reading of wireless thermometers and rain/wind meters like the Smartwares 443 mhz thermometers. The homey should read the measurements send by the thermometer. Is that possible?

Patrick

Comments

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    That's the goal! We have to test how good this works eventually, as these devices aren't of the highest quality usually, but we're doing everything we can :)
  • Any news on this topic? I installed the Smartwares app but the thermometers aren't supported yet.
  • As soon as the 433 mhz docs are published i want to try decode Oregon Weather sensors. Have my house and garden full with them.
  • PandaPanda Member
    How will this work, do all sensor need their own app, or will there be an option to search for devices like RFXCOM on Domoticz?
  • SiepjeSiepje Member
    There are 2 versions 433 and 868 MHz, I have and use them both to measure humidity in my bathroom and steer the ventilator speed. Would really like to exchange my homewizard steering with the Homey, so still waiting for this support
  • You can also go for a mysensors hum/temp sensor. :)
  • You can also go for a mysensors hum/temp sensor. :)
    before i try..
    Should it be posseble to read the thermometer from 433 you think?
    or perhaps via Homewizard, and then homey can tell me the temp. in this moment?
  • No, you have to build a mysensors gateway. But that cost me about 6 euro....