This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

App version number in homepage app store

It would be nice if we could see the version number of an app in the home page of the app store, now we have to go to the app itself and see what version is available.

Comments

• I'm not sure what the use of this is, since Homey auto-updates the apps, without any way to turn this off or force this (expect un/re-installing I guess, which is unwanted).
  • RonaldRonald Member
    edited June 2016
    @Emile   ...  even if i turn off auto update ?

I like to install updates if i am around and after i am sure it will not interfere the rest of my flows.

• I disabled, if possible, auto update for all of my hard- and software.
    I've seen seen to many problems with auto update.
  • Ronald said:
    even if i turn off auto update ?

I like to install updates if i am around and after i am sure it will not interfere the rest of my flows.

That is for Homey itself, not for apps.
  • RonaldRonald Member
    oké did not know.
    still like to see it in the home screen.

• PandaPanda Member
    @KoenMartens Do you have a source for this, as far as I know apps won't update when auto update is off, but then again I could be wrong.

If apps aren't auto updated when the checkbox isn't checked then there is still no current way of doing this manual, only way for now is to re-install the app.
  • @Panda: nope, no source.
  • RonaldRonald Member
    Kaku 1.14 is out and it did not auto update yet.
    i will wait until tomorrow to be sure. 
    so that will be the proof ;-)
  • Ronald said:
    Kaku 1.14 is out and it did not auto update yet.
    i will wait until tomorrow to be sure. 
    so that will be the proof ;-)
    I hope it will not update to Kaku 1.14, there are some problems. 
  • RonaldRonald Member
    @KoenMartens , And indeed it's been updated automatically  :'(
    @Emile , That needs to be fixed, if i run a version that is stable for me and i go on a holiday ( for example ) i don't want updates.

• I would like to see the date of the last update of an app in de Apps screen under Settings of my homey and in the App Store. And in Settings/Apps the message when an update of an app is available. Now I have to go to Settings/Apps then click on Go to App store while remembering the current version number and check if the version number has changed. And sometimes, e.g. with the Hue app, I find out when pressing Install that it's not compatible with my current stable version of the Homey software. So I would only like to get the message there's a new version if it's compatible with my Homey system version.
  • I think this Will be there with the update that brings the  notification center!  But warm that Will be released je dont know. 
This discussion has been closed.