This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Honeywell Evohome app

Comments

• aloftaloft Member
    @alle sorry about that. updated GitHub , you might need to delete and re-add the thermostats. And then restart the app again.  Then this error should not be there any more. 

I am in the process of rewriting some parts to solve the pairing issues. 
  • AlleAlle Member
    @aloft downloaded and installed the app again. Same error.

• StefanStefan Member
    edited June 2016
    An update from the official side of things: We are actually looking to begin to get somewhere with Honeywell on receiving access to their APIs. If so, we would be one of the first in Europe, and they still are in beta, but we'll go for it anyway. There is no way to determine a definitive timeline, or capabilities and supported thermostats, systems and capabilities yet though.

So in the mean time, please do continue this builds, @aloft! As we have seen with other parties and devices, real official access might be long off, even though talks are progressing, so this development is great - especially since the official way can still take quite some time before yielding any results.

• aloftaloft Member
    Alle said:
    @aloft downloaded and installed the app again. Same error.

Did you delete and repair the devices? That helped for me, the 'reset_temperature' capability must be removed from the device, and that's only possible by adding the device again. 

Maybe do this:

delete the device
    restart the app
    pair the device
    restart the app

• aloftaloft Member
    Stefan said:
    An update from the official side of things: We are actually looking to begin to get somewhere with Honeywell on receiving access to their APIs. If so, we would be one of the first in Europe, and they still are in beta, but we'll go for it anyway. There is no way to determine a definitive timeline, or capabilities and supported thermostats, systems and capabilities yet though.

So in the mean time, please do continue this builds, @aloft! As we have seen with other parties and devices, real official access might be long off, even though talks are progressing, so this development is great - especially since the official way can still take quite some time before yielding any results.

@Stefan, that is good news; official access to the API is always better than my way of connecting to the Evohome system, even in Beta.  I'll continue with development for now. Let me know if things speed up faster than expected, maybe it is then time to switch development. 
  • StefanStefan Member
    Sure, I will keep you guys posted via this topic about developments :), but surely do continue. A small victory along the bureaucratic way is in no means a guarantee for quick success, we've learnt ;)
  • AlleAlle Member
    @aloft ;

Did a hard reset again and still same error when opening a zone. 
  • aloftaloft Member
    edited June 2016
    Version 0.3.6 has been released on GitHub: https://github.com/ralfvd/nl.bevlogenheid.evohome/

I am slowly approaching 'ready for app store' state.

Bugs solved:

- Pairing without setting would crash the app ; now it gives an error and aborts the process
    - Pairing all devices at once would freeze the app; solved
    - After pairing, restart of the app was needed to get update; solved

Bugs found:

- After pairing, you will still need to stop/restart the app, to get updates on the added devices over time.  It won't crash, but it won't just update.
    - After deleting a device, it will continue to be queried
    - After initital pairing; insights won't log a temperature, first logging is when a temperature changes

Added:
    - Action cards for setting individual thermostats
    - Trigger card for temperature changes on thermostats

To do:
    - Action for reset temperature for individual thermostat

Pending test verification:

- What happens if you change you Evohome password; will the app error correctly, or crash? 

• aloftaloft Member
    @Alle ;

I've just release 0.3.6 which has a major rewrite of the pairing part, that -hopefully- solves your issues ( probably with a complete removal of the app ). 

Please first remove the app within Homey, then install the new version.

Thanks for all your testing, it really helps! And it keeps me even more motivated to get this show on the road. 
  • AlleAlle Member
    edited June 2016
    @aloft ;

Win! i can open the zones at this moment.. Will do some more testing tommorow..

Many thanks!
  • aloftaloft Member
    edited June 2016
    Alle said:
    @aloft ;;

Many thanks!
    Please make sure to disable/enable the app once after pairing, otherwise, the temperatures won't get updated.  This is a bug I found after updating to 0.3.6 ; I will look into that bug asap. 
  • AlleAlle Member
    edited June 2016
    aloft said:
    Alle said:
    @aloft ;;;;;

Many thanks!
    Please make sure to disable/enable the app once after pairing, otherwise, the temperatures won't get updated.  This is a bug I found after updating to 0.3.6 ; I will look into that bug asap. 
    Ok.. is this related to the error i get when change the temp. and click the zone again?
    error: target_temperature:invalid_type

Edit: Looks like that the Homey reboots after the error. After the reboot the Evohome App is gone.
  • aloftaloft Member
    Alle said:

Ok.. is this related to the error i get when change the temp. and click the zone again?
    error: target_temperature:invalid_type

Edit: Looks like that the Homey reboots after the error. After the reboot the Evohome App is gone.
    I can reproduce the error with setting the temperature, I get the same error. But my Homey doesn't reboot nor is the app crashing; After a reboot, all local installed apps are gone, this is an issue in Homey 0.8.36 https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/669 

This invalid_type error seems like a different error than the update error. I'll look into it. When you set the temperature via an action card, the device card can be clicked after the execution of the action card. 
  • Check 

zones are opening and displaying temp

going to test set function
  • aloftaloft Member
    I've uploaded version 0.4.1 (and submitted to the App store! ).

Features added:

- Cancel temperature via action card ; when a individual temperature is set, use cancel temperature to cancel and go back to the schedule (or quick action that is programmed)

Bugs solved:

- Major: Adding and deleting devices will not require restart of app to get into the flow
    - Minor: Setting temperature via device card will not get 'invalid_type' 

ToDo:

- Add status QuickAction as condition and trigger card
    - Clean-up code; delete unused test-code, etc.
    - Add speech support
  • ReflowReflow Member
    Good job @aloft works fine, Will reinstall the app once it hits the store!
  • AlleAlle Member
    Works perfect! Great job @aloft ;
  • Can't wait when it is released in the app store. I could install it from Github, but after restart Homey, the Github installed apps are gone...  
    Running Homey software version 0.8.36
  • aloftaloft Member
    BasPost said:
    Can't wait when it is released in the app store. I could install it from Github, but after restart Homey, the Github installed apps are gone...  
    Running Homey software version 0.8.36
    Yes, that is a known issue with all locally installed apps, this should be solved in 0.8.37 .  

Hopefully they will give the approval soon. Maybe @Stefan can assist, the number of installed Evohome apps might convince Honeywell to open the official API ;-)

• Issue is solved as of version 8.3.37

just updated and app is still there
  • aloftaloft Member
    Version 0.4.1 has just been published on the app store. 

I am now working on triggers based on changing of the 'QuickAction' status; this will trigger (with a max 5 minutes delay, as we cannot query the Evohome server too much)  when the status changes from outside Homey,  e.g. via the Evohome app or via the Evohome console.  

My assumption is that you don't want it triggered when the QuickAction is set from within Homey. But let me know your thoughts.
  • ReflowReflow Member
    Installed it from the app store, everything seems to work fine except for the insight logging which doesn't seems to show up on the left side. I can read the temperature on de device page.
  • aloftaloft Member
    Reflow said:
    Installed it from the app store, everything seems to work fine except for the insight logging which doesn't seems to show up on the left side. I can read the temperature on de device page.
    When initiating a device, the first temperature indeed isn't logged, but the next temperature change should be logged. Let me know if you don't see that happening. 
  • aloftaloft Member
    @Reflow I think I found the issue for Insights where it will not log to insights on temperature changes. 

I hope to finalise the quickaction triggers in the next days, then i'll push a new version to the app store. 

• ReflowReflow Member
    edited June 2016
    Hmm @aloft still no sign of evohome in the insight tab.. Temperature did changed few times from yesterday till today, also reinstalled the app just few minutes ago..

• @Reflow: I had the same thing at first. I solved it this morning by breefly disabling and enabling the app again in Homey Settings.
  • gruijter_devgruijter_dev Member
    edited June 2016
    @aloft : This means the bug is still present where you need to disable/enable the app after install to get the Insights working...

That is, for your official release from the app store.
  • ReflowReflow Member
    @Reflow: I had the same thing at first. I solved it this morning by breefly disabling and enabling the app again in Homey Settings.
    Lucky u, been Trying to disable en enable it multiple times since I have it installed it. Still not showing the insight option
  • aloftaloft Member
    edited June 2016
    Reflow said:
    @Reflow: I had the same thing at first. I solved it this morning by breefly disabling and enabling the app again in Homey Settings.
    Lucky u, been Trying to disable en enable it multiple times since I have it installed it. Still not showing the insight option
    I think I found the issue; at my location, some devices were updating, while others were not.  I just did a simulation with random numbers instead of the measurements of the device itself, and that created a trigger AND insights logging every single time for every device.

It is now running as a test with actual temperature changes. So let's hope for dynamic weather the next hours. 

I've also completed the quickaction triggers. I've also added some extra logging in the 'settings/logging' page, so that might help pinpointing if you see an issue.

If the logging works, I'll submit the new version to GitHub and the app store for approval. 
  • aloftaloft Member
    Too bad... The logging still isn't working in the new 0.4.2 version of the app.  

One way or the other, the second update of a device will not trigger the insights logging (or even the 'measure temperature changed' part. Only the first change during a the application runtime will be noted, and logged.

I think I 'miswrite' some variables at the first update, making the trigger ineffective, but I need to figure out where. That might take some time. 

Sorry for the delay! I hope the app is still useful in its current state. It will only get better ;-)