This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Handling of multiple users

I'm wondering how Homey will react if two or more users actively are involved in using the device.

Like this;

I connect my Philips Hue and will be using Homey to set the lights to "coming home" when I'm arriving home. (Geofencing?).
The lights will be set to this particulair setting. Then, after let's say 15 minutes I set the Hue to a different setting, like relax mode. Then, a bit later the second person arrives home and has the same setting for "coming home". Will Homey be able to know that there's allready someone home and therefore will not set the lights to "coming home" again?

Just curious ;-).

Regards,

Martijn

Comments

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom

You have two events in the flow editor: A specific user comes home, or 'someone' comes home. And there is a condition, 'nobody is home', which you can use to determine if the last person left.

• In other words, you can handle this specific situation in the flow editor.

• FranqFranq Member
    Does this still works with you guys in 0.8.35?
    I created a flow (see image) and it doenst trigger.

• jordenjorden Member
    The home/away status from the app is not working currently, as far as I know. In a future version they will try other ways to do that, the old way didn't work too well.
  • FranqFranq Member
    jorden said:
    The home/away status from the app is not working currently, as far as I know. In a future version they will try other ways to do that, the old way didn't work too well.
    Oke fine. I will wait then. 
  • edited May 2016
    Franq how can i get a name in de box A specific user left home?
    Found!