This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Screensavers

Comments

• @jorden looks awesome!
  • Cool app. Thnx!
  • BasPostBasPost Member
    edited May 2016
    @jorden, very cool! Now only paint Homey black, like the other topic! And get the leds turn left to right, right to ledt, like KITT!
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    MarcoF said:
    It looks like the original Rainbow is the default after reboot.
    Switching back is no problem, changing the default would be nice(no idea if its possible)
    I just had to unplug my homey because it froze... 
    After the reboot it automatically went back to the red slow sleep. 
  • @KoenMartens ;
    If set rotations per minute a negative value the ledring change rotation. I don't know if you can do something with this info?
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    Fire69 said:
    MarcoF said:
    It looks like the original Rainbow is the default after reboot.
    Switching back is no problem, changing the default would be nice(no idea if its possible)
    I just had to unplug my homey because it froze... 
    After the reboot it automatically went back to the red slow sleep. 

I found the bug;
    Unplugging Homey results in staying on the user defined screensaver
    Rebooting  Homey results in going back to the system default screensaver
  • HansieNL said:
    @KoenMartens ;
    If set rotations per minute a negative value the ledring change rotation. I don't know if you can do something with this info?
    Yep, I know that, but I can't find a way to change rotation speed or led color mid-screensaver. It seems like, for screensavers, all the information is loaded into memory before the screensavers are animated, which means that nothing can be changed after the screensaver has been started.
    I will look into some more far-fetched options next week though (for example having a flow run every 2 seconds to change direction, maybe that forces re-load settings of screensavers)
  • djesko said:

No problem like MarcoF says to change it back.

Will you make it possible to change screensaver in flow ? 

Thanks
    For everyone, it's possible to change screensavers in flow via the HTTP app appearantly:

https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/20667/#Comment_20667

I haven't tested it, so I'm not sure which names you should use, but you either need the displayed names or white_sleep/white_slow_sleep/red_sleep/red_slow_sleep/TIFF/faint_rainbow/fainter_rainbow.
  • jordenjorden Member
    Small bug in the code; for every screensaver you do:

animation_faint_rainbow.register(function(err, result){
    Homey.manager('ledring').registerScreensaver('faint_rainbow', animation_faint_rainbow)
    if( err ) return Homey.error(err);
    animation_white_sleep.on('screensaver_start', function( screensaver_id ){
    Homey.log('Screensaver started')
    })
    animation_white_sleep.on('screensaver_stop', function( screensaver_id ){
    Homey.log('Screensaver stopped')
    })
    })

The 2x animation_white_sleep should be animation_faint_rainbow. Same happens with the other screensavers.
  • jorden said:
    Small bug in the code; for every screensaver you do:

animation_faint_rainbow.register(function(err, result){
    Homey.manager('ledring').registerScreensaver('faint_rainbow', animation_faint_rainbow)
    if( err ) return Homey.error(err);
    animation_white_sleep.on('screensaver_start', function( screensaver_id ){
    Homey.log('Screensaver started')
    })
    animation_white_sleep.on('screensaver_stop', function( screensaver_id ){
    Homey.log('Screensaver stopped')
    })
    })

The 2x animation_white_sleep should be animation_faint_rainbow. Same happens with the other screensavers.
    Yep I know, fixed that in my own version already, but didn't upload it to github as I was testing with dynamic screensavers which made the code messy.

Thanks for pointing it out!
  • GeurtDijkerGeurtDijker Member
    edited May 2016
    No problem like MarcoF says to change it back.
    Will you make it possible to change screensaver in flow ? 
    Thanks
    For everyone, it's possible to change screensavers in flow via the HTTP app appearantly:
     https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/20667/#Comment_20667

I haven't tested it, so I'm not sure which names you should use, but you either need the displayed names or white_sleep/white_slow_sleep/red_sleep/red_slow_sleep/TIFF/faint_rainbow/fainter_rainbow.
    @KoenMartens, ;;

I Tested it but can't get it to work, only the build in idle modes  rainbow, pulse and off work. (all lowercase, so probably the internal name and not the title/translated display name ) all other put commands result in exact the same http response, but no change at the LED ring. 

Sorry, To Fast Post....  :/  Open Console and debug yourself ;-)
    Tip
    You have to change two options in the json code:

Default options: {"uri":"homey:manager:ledring","name":"off","options":{}}   (rainbow, pulse, off)

Martens Screensaver options: 
    {"uri":"homey:app:martens.screensavers","name":"TIFF","options":{}}
    {"uri":"homey:app:martens.screensavers","name":"red_sleep","options":{}}
    {"uri":"homey:app:martens.screensavers","name":"white_sleep","options":{}}
    etc....

@Emile,
    is it possible that the API doesn't (yet) accept the custom screensavers? (or because I side-loaded / manual installed the Screensaver App)
  • ArjanArjan Member
    I've created a sort of similar app where Homey plays 2 default animations loading and rotate. The user sets color and duration of the animation.

For example, if it's going to rain in 15 minutes rotate for 15 minutes in a blue color.
  • Arjan said:
    I've created a sort of similar app where Homey plays 2 default animations loading and rotate. The user sets color and duration of the animation.

For example, if it's going to rain in 15 minutes rotate for 15 minutes in a blue color.
    Great! Do you have a github link for me and everyone else, or is it not ready yet? I'm sure I can learn something from it :)
  • ArjanArjan Member
    Arjan said:

Great! Do you have a github link for me and everyone else, or is it not ready yet? I'm sure I can learn something from it
    It's not really ready, i only have the basic app ready. Will try to finish it this weekend and upload it to github.

Could be an option to eventually merge the 2 apps together.
  • If I run the screensaver with version .35 I get the following message: WARNING: martens.screensavers HAS RECEIVED A CPUWARN
    Can someone tell me if I should not install or just ignore this message?
  • KoenMartensKoenMartens Member
    edited May 2016
    HansieNL said:
    If I run the screensaver with version .35 I get the following message: WARNING: martens.screensavers HAS RECEIVED A CPUWARN
    I have no increased CPU loads on using this app.
    Im not sure what the warning entails (Ive never seen it before), maybe an athom employee can help us out.
  • HansieNL said:
    If I run the screensaver with version .35 I get the following message: WARNING: martens.screensavers HAS RECEIVED A CPUWARN
    I have no increased CPU loads on using this app.
    Im not sure what the warning entails (Ive never seen it before), maybe an athom employee can help us out.
    I get the message when run in the console.
  • @HansieNL ;
    Where did you get .35 ???? Did I miss something?
  • .34 added app watchdog. https://firmware.athom.com
    I experience same issue with all apps when doing athom project --run. If you encounter this message only on startup I would say it's safe to ignore it, since app uses resources to bootstrap.
  • @HansieNL ;
    Where did you get .35 ???? Did I miss something?
    Special delivery. No just typo  ;)
  • MatjaLipu said:
    .34 added app watchdog. https://firmware.athom.com
    I experience same issue with all apps when doing athom project --run. If you encounter this message only on startup I would say it's safe to ignore it, since app uses resources to bootstrap.
    Noticed this for my app. Glad it's not just me :wink: 
  • MatjaLipu said:
    .34 added app watchdog. https://firmware.athom.com
    Noticed this for my app. Glad it's not just me :wink: 
    I tried several times a project run. It's not happening always...? I tried also  Athom's Action app from GitHub... same issue.
  • Thanx for this app Koen, great stuff. I just created my own screensaver as extra option.
  • PhuturistPhuturist Member
    edited May 2016
    Just played around some more and made a dutch patriotic screensaver. Too bad it has just been kingsday. The color in the video are a bit over saturated but you get the idea (red, white, blue, orange).

• Time to submit?
  • Time to submit?
    Not finished enough IMO to submit, not motivated enough to improve on it.
  • Pity, I really like it. Havent had problems with it yet.
  • @DieterKoblenz then by all means keep it installed via project --install
  • DieterKoblenzDieterKoblenz Member
    edited June 2016
    Ofcourse, I will! 

Edit: when you feel the motivation to finish it for the store, thumbs up!