This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

Official Homey iOS App discussion topic

Comments

• SkorpionSkorpion Member
    edited May 2016
    Just added a kaku doorbel and gues what? no devices in my app on my iPhone.
    Strange thing: now it is working. Didn't change anything except that there was somebody at the door and pushed the doorbelbutton 

As I understood from different posts on the forum/slack, devices aren't showing when they are not reachable in any kind of way. Probably the push on your doorbell button activated the device, with this result.
  • JulianJulian Member
    I installed the iOS app with 8.32 and was able to load/see the KaKu devices (cards), but my other devices (Anna thermostat, Roomba, Kodi, etc) were not visible. Now I upgraded to 8.34 and no cards are loaded, and I have no idear how to determine which one of my devices is not reachable. I was able to turn on all my Kaku dimmers just now via voice, so those are not the problem. And I will not de- and re-install all these devices to see which one it is. So the app is pretty useless now.

Also an UI-glitch, when you open the hamburger-menu on the topleft you can still tap on the right hand side on the blue check and select (without seing it) the following rooms etc. Obviously this should be locked when you have the top-layer active. Also in this kind of UI it would be better if you were able to go back to the previous state by tapping anywhere except a specific selection should you tapped the menu by accident, now you have to select the devices or media button specifically. At this moment not so big an issue but I assume this will be when you are able to select (favourite) flows etc.

And what is the (rough) time-line for notifications and selecting of flows via the app? Am very curious when that will be in place.

Also the sliders for the dimmers are much better now, would it be possible to have the % depicted when you slide? That makes it easier to change it or program it!
  • jovink said:
    It's also each time a other device. So here it is android35999 but the next time it has a different number. 

Maybe you can add speech input in the app. 
    Just to see what's homey hear. 
    It's not another device; it's another speech session. Purely theoretically, multiple 'sessions' could be active at the same time. In practice it doesn't make a difference though.
  • Last week when installed the Athom app from the IOS store I could see all my devices. Now everything is gone and I can only use speech. Is this going to be updated soon?
  • IcarusIcarus Member
    edited May 2016
    Arthur27 said:
    Last week when installed the Athom app from the IOS store I could see all my devices. Now everything is gone and I can only use speech. Is this going to be updated soon?
    I got the same issue here. I have to note that I currently have version 0.8.34 installed on my Homey. That might be a source of my issues I asume
  • BasPostBasPost Member
    Did you guys tried to do a power cycle / reboot?
    this worked for me
  • IcarusIcarus Member
    Power cycle / reboot like: unplug the Usb powercord? Yes I did. Same result. When I login into the webconsole using the Safari iOS browser I get a list of all my devices (small note: I can only see my devices when private browsing is disabled)
  • fiekfiek Member
    BasPost said:
    this worked for me
    The reboot did the trick for me..thnx

Only speech through the app doesn't work very well. See picture below.. The fourth line is pretty funny :)

• BasPostBasPost Member
    fiek said:
    BasPost said:
    this worked for me

Only speech through the app doesn't work very well. See picture below.. The fourth line is pretty funny :)

Couple of post above I've already notified that, Athom is aware and fixed in next update
  • fiekfiek Member
    BasPost said:
    fiek said:
    BasPost said:
    this worked for me

Only speech through the app doesn't work very well. See picture below.. The fourth line is pretty funny

Couple of post above I've already notified that, Athom is aware and fixed in next update
    @BasPost ....To be clear.. I was talking about the speech recognition through the app

I looked back in this topic for your posts and I didn't find anything about the speech recognition, only your remark that the speech-input shows "Android543545"

• BasPostBasPost Member
    fiek said:
    BasPost said:
    fiek said:
    BasPost said:
    this worked for me

Only speech through the app doesn't work very well. See picture below.. The fourth line is pretty funny

@BasPost ....To be clear.. I was talking about the speech recognition through the app

I looked back in this topic for your posts and I didn't find anything about the speech recognition, only your remark that the speech-input shows "Android543545"

True... I thought you meant "Android..."
    but to come back about speech recognition, which language did you setup Homey?
    the IOS app is in English hardcoded, which Athom declared to change in future updates.
    I have Homey setup in Dutch, so the IOS app doesn't understand what I'm saying
  • markmgmarkmg Member
    edited May 2016
    Any news on a update?

i still cant use homey on my iPhone, even the mobile browser dosnt work anymore, there are no devices in the list, same for my adriod tab
  • One of your devices probably got disconnected. That blocks the others from loading. Check on a pc on chrome if all devices are connected.
  • nklerknklerk Member
    should I be able to receive push messages with the homey app? I've added a test flow but I do not receive anything. In iOS settings I didn't find notifications as an option so I gues it isn't included yet. I am happy with the pushover app but was just wondering.

can the app inform my homey that I am home / on the go? Or better yet if either my wife or I am home?

please don't read it as a complaint or negative. If it's in the app then I want to share that I am unable to use it, that's all :-)
  • nklerk said:
    should I be able to receive push messages with the homey app? I've added a test flow but I do not receive anything. In iOS settings I didn't find notifications as an option so I gues it isn't included yet. I am happy with the pushover app but was just wondering.

can the app inform my homey that I am home / on the go? Or better yet if either my wife or I am home?

please don't read it as a complaint or negative. If it's in the app then I want to share that I am unable to use it, that's all :-)
    Not yet. We're working on push notifications, but it's pretty to implement all the cool new stuff that's coming up in 0.8.35 cross platform (Android is way more flexible with push notifications, and their layout).

Home detection is on it's way, but we're still trying to figure out the best way to detect whether you're home. In the past geofencing has proven not stable enough, so we're trying alternatives, like wifi-detection, or a combination of geofencing and other things.
  • markmgmarkmg Member
    Tim_Brass said:
    One of your devices probably got disconnected. That blocks the others from loading. Check on a pc on chrome if all devices are connected.
    They are all connected,  tried reboot removing app reinstalling app, logged in logged out, nothing works 
  • JulianJulian Member
    @superice ;; when (or even without the when) will it be possible to select/activate flows via the app? So I can e.g. easily turn on or off all my lights in the living room.
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    @Julian : Turn Lights on in Living Room should work when speaking to the phone if Homey is set to English. Also you can create a dummy-switch (like a lamp) which you control and use a different flow "when dummy-lamp turned off" then "turn lamps 1,2,5,6 off". But I guess these are  not the methods you're looking for :smile: 
  • JulianJulian Member
    @BasVanDenBosch ;; I understand your drift with the dummy-switch, but remains a workaround. I now have a Homewizard and there you can group lights in a scene and control those with one touch of a button (as I currently have to do with a flow within Homey). Also you must have multiple flows to turn lights on or off, but that is probably one of the disadvantages of the flexibility of Homey. But still, a simple 'flow-picker' to start flows within the app would be great. Hope that one of the guys at Athom can let us know if that will come or not at all. If not, then I will start with the dummy-switches :smiley: 
  • Julian said:
    @superice ;; when (or even without the when) will it be possible to select/activate flows via the app? So I can e.g. easily turn on or off all my lights in the living room.
    Yes. It will be possible someday in the future! But no, we don't know when yet. This will require both changes in the Homey software, as well as in the app, so it's a pretty complicated feature to roll out. Besides, we don't just want to hack something together and hope it'll work okay enough, so we're going to have to think this one though.
  • fiekfiek Member
    True... I thought you meant "Android..."
    but to come back about speech recognition, which language did you setup Homey?
    the IOS app is in English hardcoded, which Athom declared to change in future updates.
    I have Homey setup in Dutch, so the IOS app doesn't understand what I'm saying
    The language is in Dutch, so that explains the gibberish..thnx
  • JaxcJaxc Member
    edited May 2016

#edit misread

• MichaelMichael Member
    It would be great if you can either disable voice on your phone completely OR (even better) that you have a  button so you can push to talk. (Siri style)
    I'm not (and probably will never) using voice and it's kind of disturbing to have the scribbled line at the bottom. 
  • JulianJulian Member
    @superice ;; When you change something in Homey via Chrome (e.g. add a device) this is only visible/refreshed after a manual log out / log in. Is that a bug or a (temporarily) feature? It is quite cumbersome to log out/in just to refresh (especially since you have to enter all you credentials everytime you login).
  • Julian said:
    @superice ;; When you change something in Homey via Chrome (e.g. add a device) this is only visible/refreshed after a manual log out / log in. Is that a bug or a (temporarily) feature? It is quite cumbersome to log out/in just to refresh (especially since you have to enter all you credentials everytime you login).
    That should not happen. If you kill the app (double tap home button and swipe it up or down) and reopen it, does it refresh properly? 
  • JulianJulian Member
    edited May 2016
    No, that was the first thing I tried, but it only worked when I logged out & in. Ps did you also read my comment about the background being 'active' and clickable? I assume that should also not be able to happen?
  • markmgmarkmg Member
    Push notifications dont work on my iphone, is this a known thing or is it just me ?
  • posthokposthok Member
    Would be nice if geofencing is included in the next update.
  • ReflowReflow Member
    markmg said:
    Push notifications dont work on my iphone, is this a known thing or is it just me ?
    Yes, doesn't work for us iOS users yet :( seems they still need to build the system for it, which is a complex thing.
  • Hello,

Is it correct that I can only give spoken commands in English? My Homey is configured to use Dutch as its main language and thats working ok on the Homey. Talking dutch to the IOS app does not work and all dutch commands are translated to (hilarious) english commands.