This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

ING Saldo Check

DieterKoblenzDieterKoblenz Member
edited May 2016 in Off-Topic
First of all I am not a "real" coder and this will never come in the app store due to various reasons but I wanted to share this very small project made possible by Emile himself   Using his script (http://weejewel.tweakblogs.net/blog/6288/ing-saldo-ophalen-met-php.html#r_172528) I made a small tool where I can check the current amount on my banking account.  

Put the script on your (hopefully safe) web server, modify it to spit out useful information and call it from your app (I use the node.js module "request").

So when I ask Homey: "How much money do I have left?" it replies with "You have ... euros left."

Comments

• markmgmarkmg Member
    Even that you need a sms verification to transfer money, i would never ever put my bank login details in a script/app like homey. its crazy and asking for problems imo
  • posthokposthok Member
    I don't need an app to tell me that there's no money at my account.
  • markmg said:
    Even that you need a sms verification to transfer money, i would never ever put my bank login details in a script/app like homey. its crazy and asking for problems imo
    And I would strongly advise against storing your details in some place you don't trust either. However hosting this script on my a secured server behind a firewall shouldn't pose a serious threat. 
  • posthokposthok Member
    And you think that every user with a homey has ING and a homeserver?
  • posthok said:
    And you think that every user with a homey has ING and a homeserver?
    No. I don't understand where that question came from? Just giving a lead to people who do and are interested. If you are not, you can move on?
  • posthokposthok Member
    I'm just kidding, of course there are people who want/need such an app. But leaving your personal sensitive info on a server, i think that's asking for trouble.
  • @DieterKoblenz ;

I think it, in it self, is a great idea. But, since all the fake spam email and stuff, people are a bit more preserved on software or services when there bank (details) are involved. Again, in it self it's a great idea and app, but since all the hassle with spam an phishing, I do get that people don't trust this. And i don't think you can blame them...  :)

Reactions on the other hand... yeah, that is a different discussion ;)
  • Agreed, one should be very reserved when it comes to these details (Unfortunately, phishing is big business after all)
    One of the reasons this will never be in the app store  ;)
  • BumblezBumblez Member
    Although I appreciate the effort, I would never dream of using this.
    Given that hackers were even able to hack the SWIFT system and digitally rob several banks, I'm sure they would have no problems getting through the loopholes/bugs in the system to get onto a secure server with a firewall. So even there, I definitely wouldn't store my private bank account info. Don't want to give them that kind of present if they do make it through...
  • EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    Haha! Great that it's still used.

It's very easy to port to Node.js. Give it a shot! It won't be accepted in the App Store (I got my share of legal trouble with ING already), yet still fun for everyone to install.
  • markmgmarkmg Member
    markmg said:
    And I would strongly advise against storing your details in some place you don't trust either. However hosting this script on my a secured server behind a firewall shouldn't pose a serious threat. 
    You are sure of that ? it still needs to communicate with the atoms servers, or am i wrong ?
  • markmg said: 
    You are sure of that ? it still needs to communicate with the atoms servers, or am i wrong ?
    Depends: the only thing Homey can collect from the php application is the balance of my account so that could go to Athom's servers. 
  • markmg said: 
    Depends: the only thing Homey can collect from the php application is the balance of my account so that could go to Athom's servers. 
    And if the balance is more than 300 Euros positive they will send you a message "You've got enough money to buy another Homey"?!  ;)
  • HansieNL said:
    markmg said: 
    And if the balance is more than 300 Euros positive they will send you a message "You've got enough money to buy another Homey"?!  ;)
    When I ever reach 300, I'll tell you ;)
  • "Homey, how much money do I have?" " enough for 2,1643 Homey's"
  • BumblezBumblez Member
    What would be that 0,1643 Homey? A spare LED ring? 
  • sossienlsossienl Member
    edited May 2016
    I've worked on the script that the TS is referring to. I've used it in the last 2 years to capture and send over 4500 notifications to my phone anytime there was a new transaction found. Very useful. I like the idea of giving Homey access to such info.