This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

Official Homey iOS App discussion topic

Comments

• MennoMenno Member
    I Have an eiphone 4 (for testing) but IOS is to old 
  • Reflow said:
    9.3.2 iPhone 6 Plus 
    I'm on 9.3.1. That's the latest for a iPhone 6s
  • gerbenzgerbenz Member
    Iphone 6s ios 9.3.1

bot working on ios app and mobile page browser.
  • ReflowReflow Member
    Reflow said:
    9.3.2 iPhone 6 Plus 
    I'm on 9.3.1. That's the latest for a iPhone 6s
    That's indeed the latest stable build, I'm on the beta build
  • Just found my problem: had i non working V2 fibaro smokesensor in the root of my devices. Removed from within the z-wave settings page ( remove node). Started ios app again and yes devices show up! Also visible in browser on my iPhone.
  • Just found my problem: had i non working V2 fibaro smokesensor in the root of my devices. Removed from within the z-wave settings page ( remove node). Started ios app again and yes devices show up! Also visible in browser on my iPhone.
    Yes, we found out that if a device doesn't react to a 'get' request on a capability it blocks all cards from loading. This means that if you have a non-responsive device, it might just be the cause to the cards not loading.
  • All devices are showing in iOS app (still have to build flows)
  • YamahaaYamahaa Member
    Great!
  • Would like an official iPad version of the app as well :-)

Aspect ratio is just a bit off now, not full screen either. But well done for getting it released! Exciting stuff!
  • nklerknklerk Member
    Hi @superice ;

I have tested the app on two different iPhone's both are 5S I have also tested on my ipad mini2 (homey iphone app)
    All 3 have the same result. I mention this because it might not directly be app related.

I also find that on my iphones i am unable to open the webinterface of my homey It shows only the athom/homey colorful background with no content. on 0.8.32 i was able to see the devices and i am not able to view the devices on 0.8.34. could this be related? hope this helps.

Thanks for all the great work.
  • One of your devices probably got disconnected. That blocks the others from loading. Check on a pc on chrome if all devices are connected.
  • This morning opened the ios app on my iPhone. Showed the status of the devices last evening. Did not refresh automaticly. Had to logout en login within the app. After that the status shown was ok. Is this normal?
  • jordenjorden Member
    edited May 2016
    IPad air 2, also no devices shown. when I switch to my another homey, the app closes down
  • In future releases I'd like to see the option to start a pre-programmed scene / flow.
    And a "all off" button for when you leave home.
  • BasPostBasPost Member
    edited May 2016
    My Homey was on 0.8.32 and the IOS app on 1.0.0 on a iPhone 6 Plus IOS 9.3.1  
    I could see the devices in the app.  
    After upgrading Homey to 0.8.34 and updated the IOS app to 1.0.1 I lost the device cards even on the mobile site.  
    Kaku also stopped working.  
    So unplugged my Homey last night a this morning plugged the power in.  
    No in an instance I can the device cards again. Kaku also worked again!  
    Now to find out if Somfy still works and see when Homey crashes  

EDIT:  
    Somfy also stopped working for me on 0.8.34  
    deactivate, reboot and activate the somfy app doesn't work.  
    uninstall, reboot and reinstall the somfy app doesn't work.  
  • jovinkjovink Member
    jorden said:
    IPad air 2, also no devices shown. when I switch to my another homey, the app closes down
    Here the same problem. 
    But I haven't updated the second homey
  • gerbenzgerbenz Member
    Wiped out my homey
    and installed all again
    now i see devices but when i add my fibaro smokesensor v2
    or fibaro binary sensor
    then i lost all my devices.

pfff what a mess
  • All divices show up in the iOS app (also in the android app)
    But when i take my Lifx lamp from power, all divices are gone on both apps.
    When 1 device is offline , nothing shows up in both apps.
    running 0.8.34 homey runs stabil about 12 hour.

• bvdbosbvdbos Member
    edited May 2016
    All divices show up in the iOS app (also in the android app)
    But when i take my Lifx lamp from power, all divices are gone on both apps.
    When 1 device is offline , nothing shows up in both apps.
    running 0.8.34 homey runs stabil about 12 hour.
    That was it indeed, plugged the one unplugged Lifx back in and now everything is showing up! Thankx...
  • gerbenz said:
    Wiped out my homey
    and installed all again
    now i see devices but when i add my fibaro smokesensor v2
    or fibaro binary sensor
    then i lost all my devices.

pfff what a mess
    I think the fibaro smokesensor  isn't ok. That is, isn't succesfully included. If you try to change a z-wave setting of the smokesensor you get an error and can not save. Alternative you can use a flow for that, but don't know if that solves the problem. In my case the sensor did not show up as a smokesensor. I removed it and got my devices back in the interface.
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    What happens if you move a faulty device to another zone then the main zone (like : garden)? Do devices show up then? I guess they don't but maybe it helps pinpoint the problem in the code...
  • BasPostBasPost Member
    Little visual mistake:  
    If you monitor http://192.168.2.65/manager/speech-input/? and talk to Homey through the IOS app, it will show:  
    "android35999: I want to watch tv"  
    Not very nice for an iPhone app LOL
  • BasPost said:
    Little visual mistake:  
    If you monitor http://192.168.2.65/manager/speech-input/? and talk to Homey through the IOS app, it will show:  
    hehe noticed the same thing ;)
  • BasPost said:
    Little visual mistake:  
    Not over here, only : i want to watch tv
    After the update to 0.8.34 , i have not reboot HOMEY 
  • BasPost said:
    Little visual mistake:  
    Oops, that is a result from the shared codebase. Should've been mobile ofcourse. My bad xD
  • jovinkjovink Member
    superice said:
    BasPost said:
    Little visual mistake:  
    Oops, that is a result from the shared codebase. Should've been mobile ofcourse. My bad xD
    It's also each time a other device. So here it is android35999 but the next time it has a different number. 

Maybe you can add speech input in the app. 
    Just to see what's homey hear. 
  • Just added a kaku doorbel and gues what? no devices in my app on my iPhone. :'(
  • installed the update but no devices
  • Just added a kaku doorbel and gues what? no devices in my app on my iPhone. :'(
    Strange thing: now it is working. Didn't change anything except that there was somebody at the door and pushed the doorbelbutton