This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

[PUBLISHED] iCalender to Voice App (v0.9.0)

Comments

• JonJon Member
    Anyone who knows if there's already progression on the disappearing calendars?
  • Jon said:
    Anyone who knows if there's already progression on the disappearing calendars?
    Is it still occurring for you on firmware 0.8.30? This firmware update seems to have fixed it for me.
  • JonJon Member
    I do not dare to update to .30
    Too many other issues there...
  • Those are all far less scary than the disappearing variables!
  • fiekfiek Member
    Hi All,

I made an 2 appointments in my google calender for taking the trash outside :) with  a two week return pattern. So week 1 GFT, week 2 PMD afval. When I ask homey "OK Homey agenda", it says today you have 2 appointments, one for GFT and one for PMD afval. This is incorrect because the PMD afval is due next week. When I look in de the calendar it is correctly displayed. Am I doing something wrong?

• Fire69Fire69 Member
    There is a small problem with recurrent appointments in the app for the moment. I hope Brinkie will have the time to look into it in the future :)
  • Would it be possible to upload the iCal file to Homey and use the local file then?
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    Upload how/where to Homey? 
  • HansieNLHansieNL Member
    edited May 2016
    Fire69 said:
    Upload how/where to Homey? 
    Upload to Homey, like Soundboard app. I'm using an local agenda and can export to iCal, but don't wanna use Google agenda.
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    Someone would need to make an app for this to be possible, or the iCalendar app would have to be adapted...
  • brinkiebrinkie Member
    Fire69 said:
    There is a small problem with recurrent appointments in the app for the moment. I hope Brinkie will have the time to look into it in the future :)
    First thing on my list :-)
  • brinkiebrinkie Member
    HansieNL said:
    Would it be possible to upload the iCal file to Homey and use the local file then?
    This should be possible. I'll look into it.
  • brinkie said:
    HansieNL said:
    Would it be possible to upload the iCal file to Homey and use the local file then?
    This should be possible. I'll look into it.
    Ok Thx.
  • +1 for using local iCal files.
  • fiekfiek Member
    edited May 2016
    Fire69 said:
    There is a small problem with recurrent appointments in the app for the moment. I hope Brinkie will have the time to look into it in the future
    Thnx for your response and @brinkie keep up the good work  :smile: 
  • @brinkie : I don't wanna push you, but is there any progress with local iCal files?
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    I just added my calendars again (after a full reset), but the app isn't working anymore.
    It crashes, it has a red triangle in the apps-page.
    Stack trace:

TypeError: Cannot read property 'start' of undefined
    at /app.js:409:43
    at Array.forEach (native)
    at /app.js:408:24
    at /app.js:425:21
    at /node_modules/async/lib/async.js:251:17
    at done (/node_modules/async/lib/async.js:132:19)
    at /node_modules/async/lib/async.js:32:16
    at /node_modules/async/lib/async.js:248:21
    at /app.js:422:21
    at /node_modules/async/lib/async.js:246:17
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    After disabling/enabling the app a couple of times it's working again (for now).  :)

Still has the problem with the recurrent meetings  :p
  • brinkie said:
    Fire69 said:
    Just noticed this issue is still present. I think it's a really strange issue and I'm trying to understand how this works. Does this app build it's own index of appointments? These recurring events are not present anymore in the source calendar.
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    Phuturist said:
    brinkie said:
    Fire69 said:
    Just noticed this issue is still present. I think it's a really strange issue and I'm trying to understand how this works. Does this app build it's own index of appointments? These recurring events are not present anymore in the source calendar.
    The problem seems to be with recurrent events that have stopped already (for example repeated weekly for 5 weeks), in the app they keep appearing. Don't know if it's caused by Google acting funny with this type of recurrence or the app not interpreting it correctly ... 
  • edited August 2016
    I'm using Outlook with an online ICS calender, just like how Google works. Triggers don't do anything and when I say 'Calendar' the app crashes time after time with the following log:

Stack trace:

TypeError: Cannot read property 'start' of undefined
    at /app.js:409:43
    at Array.forEach (native)
    at /app.js:408:24
    at /app.js:425:21
    at /node_modules/async/lib/async.js:251:17
    at done (/node_modules/async/lib/async.js:132:19)
    at /node_modules/async/lib/async.js:32:16
    at /node_modules/async/lib/async.js:248:21
    at /app.js:422:21
    at /node_modules/async/lib/async.js:246:17

EDIT: changing webcal to http:// in the beginning of the url helped.
  • Are recurrent apointments fixed yet?
  • Don't think so.
  • MarkSwiftMarkSwift Member
    edited October 2016
    This recurring issue is really annoying, I wish it could be fixed :-(

I think the issues is, although the appointments don't show in the Google calendar, this do show in the iCal file. I presume the app should ignore them if there's a certain flag (like Google does).

If you look at the iCal file, you'll see the recurring events have a line like this:

RRULE:FREQ=WEEKLY;INTERVAL=2;BYDAY=TH
  • Is it possible to add the "And" flow so I can use it for the trashcan.
    I would make a flow that if i'm in the kitchen on the day the trash would be collect i get a massage.
    So it can be each time. And we have different days that the trash would be collect 
  • I'm still curious if use of local iCal will be an option in the future?
  • is it just me, or is icalendar not working anymore with homey version 1.0.2?
  • ArenBreur said:
    is it just me, or is icalendar not working anymore with homey version 1.0.2?
    It's just you I guess, still working fine here.
  • ArenBreurArenBreur Member
    edited November 2016
    @Phuturist ;
    thanks, I will search further over here
  • I'm still having problems. everything is working except Icalendar.
    I have ran it from node.js

-------------------------------------------------
    14:44:56.570 - Initializing iCalendar to Voice app...
    14:44:56.768 - Loaded 1 calendar(s) from settings.
    14:44:56.786 - Initializing iCalendar to Voice app completed.
    14:45:00.174 - Calendar 'Aren' updated, 106 event(s) found. Next update in 5 minute(s).
    14:45:56.793 - Triggering next event per calendar...
    14:46:56.953 - Triggering next event per calendar...

that all looks oke.
    Even check what Homey sees as speech input. That all validates. Tried English, same results.

It like the trigger words are not working anymore.