This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Show running flows / stop them / turn on light after triggering motion sensor

Hi All,

The thing that I want to accomplish is the following:
When there's movement on my Fibaro motion sensor: Turn the lights on.
When there isn't movement anymore in the last 5 minutes, turn the lights off.

Someone already thought of something like this?

The thing is, you can do this in 1 flow, and set a delay. But the problem is, when the motion sensor is triggered again, within the 5 minutes. An extra flow is going to run. So it still will turn the lights off after the first 5 minutes are over..

So maybe there's a possibility to stop certain flows that are running in the background?

Regards!

Comments

• casedacaseda Member
    For best reliability, trigger the count down on the "off" state of the motion sensor. 

When triggering with the "on"  state, it won't send another signal to reset the countdown if it sees motion between the default 8 en 30 seconds but stays on until no further movement after 30 seconds.

So with triggering on the "on"  state it only resets the count down when motion sensor is off (after 30 seconds no movement) then on again
  • FrakkeFrakke Member
    caseda said:
    For best reliability, trigger the count down on the "off" state of the motion sensor. 

When triggering with the "on"  state, it won't send another signal to reset the countdown if it sees motion between the default 8 en 30 seconds but stays on until no further movement after 30 seconds.

So with triggering on the "on"  state it only resets the count down when motion sensor is off (after 30 seconds no movement) then on again
    Nice, so 3 flows?
    - Turn on lamp
    - Start countdown
    - Turn off lamp
  • casedacaseda Member
    Frakke said:

Nice, so 3 flows?
    - Turn on lamp
    - Start countdown
    - Turn off lamp
    Unfortunately, yes.
    It is the most reliable way i can think of, to have the light on when you are in the room at least.
    (i had it with 2 flows before as wel, and had multiple times the light went off while still in the room)

You could put the count down timer very high and just use 2 flows, but that will keep the light on pretty long after you left again.
  • DD Member
    Don't forget to add the "Stop countdown" card to your Turn on flow. Otherwise it gets very annoying after a very short time.  ;)
  • MennoMenno Member
    Do you mean this?

https://forum.athom.com/uploads/editor/5i/82ldysdaacf4.pdf

working great but so may flows ARGHH

• MennoMenno Member
    Sounds like countdown app is sort of doing the same (wish it existed Earlier) but I have 2 rooms so 1 I will use my old way and in the other room I will test this newer way and see what works better. 1big + for countdown one LESS flows
  • p0ntsp0nts Member
    Menno said:
    Do you mean this?

https://forum.athom.com/uploads/editor/5i/82ldysdaacf4.pdf

working great but so may flows ARGHH

Why use generic alarm? Shouldnt you check for motion alarm (noob question)
  • MennoMenno Member
    edited May 2016
    It is the same
    (not sure if it will be renamed later by athom or that it is brand specific)
    But much more important it is working YEEEHHHH
  • aloftaloft Member
    Menno said:
    Sounds like countdown app is sort of doing the same (wish it existed Earlier) but I have 2 rooms so 1 I will use my old way and in the other room I will test this newer way and see what works better. 1big + for countdown one LESS flows
    I created CountDown after this exact issue: needing 6-7 flows to turn on/off a light based on motion. That doesn't scale for the amount of lights I'd like to have motion-activated.

Glad to hear people are liking the app! 
  • JanHJanH Member
    @Frakke and others
    Maybe some of you already touched this solution or I missed the point. In that case sorry for my misunderstanding.
    I am using the "light on after motion"-case with a combination of the following two flows.

• casedacaseda Member
    edited May 2016
    @JanH ;;;
    your way will work, but with one thing happens that i don't like.

It doesn't send the "on" signal (reset the timer) every time it still sees motion. (it keeps the alarm on when seeing motion)
    It only gets send when the "alarm cancel" time is reached (default 30 seconds) and after the alarm is off, get triggered again to reset the timer.

so if you keep moving for at least 60 seconds the counter will reach 0 and the light will turn off.
    And you will need wait after the lights are off until "alarm cancel" time is triggered to stop the alarm, after that you can move again to get the lights on again.
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited May 2016
    @p0nts ;;
    the Fibaro motion sensor (atleast the v2.7) has 2 alarms inside it self, a Tamper alarm, and a Motion alarm.
    But are combined into 1 alarm (Generic alarm).

I believe they are send with a different extra byte to know which alarm is triggered, but this is not implemented (yet) by homey.
  • MennoMenno Member
    Would be nice for people in Groningen (tamper)
  • MennoMenno Member
    ...... And for in my (rip) car (wondering what the tamper value was)
    auto.jpg 279.4K
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited May 2016
    I'm not sure a tamper alarm will stop people from trying to put the front bumper on the place of the driver door though.

But the jokes aside.. that must have been one hard "(s)tamper".!
  • JanHJanH Member
    edited May 2016
    caseda said:
    @JanH ;;;;
    your way will work, but with one thing happens that i don't like.

It doesn't send the "on" signal (reset the timer) every time it still sees motion. (it keeps the alarm on when seeing motion)

@caseda In the manual (v3.2) I read the following:

6. Motion detection - alarm cancellation delay

Time period after which the motion alarm will be cancelled in the main controller and associated devices.

Any motion detected during this period resets the timer. 

I understand from this parameter that it's exactly doing what is needed: renewing the on-signal during the motion detecting period, 60 sec. in my situation, when I set parameter 6 as 6,2,60

How should I look at this in your opinion?

• @JanH most commonly used flow is to (re)start the countdown timer once the generic alarm goes off...

So as long as the sensor detects motion (itself) and resets its internal timer (default 30 seconds)... the countdown timer will not start. Once the generic alarm is reset, Homey's countdown timer will start.

See for example the way I've setup my flows: https://forum.athom.com/uploads/editor/2b/559gc1iljpow.pdf

One note: as indicated in the Fibaro Motion Sensor (FGMS-001), not possible to add to Homey topic:
    After your inclusion you can add any of the parameters, Except for 1 to 12.
    These will "brick" your sensor in always alarm mode.