This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

App Store feature requests

p0ntsp0nts Member
edited April 2016 in Archive
1. I would like to have an option to install an app from the home page, without the need to click on the app. Just a small install button next to the rating stars would do fine.

After resetting my Homey and reinstalling apps allot of times, I dont need the information page to tell me what the app does because I already know.

------------------

2. New / Popular category

Comments

• 3. A direct link from the app page to the app topic on the form

4. a Change log for the apps 

• Install button would be great, scrolling and going back and forth is a little cumbersome when (re)installing lots of apps. 
  • 5. Maybe see, which app is already installed? So instead of "Install" button it changes to "Installed" Like the Apple app store
  • 6. When an app update is submitted, the author cannot comment on the app page discussion. Please make it editable.
  • MennoMenno Member
    7. Update + Update all (on installed apps)
  • Menno said:
    7. Update + Update all (on installed apps)
    Did you know apps auto update every 6 hrs?
  • MennoMenno Member
    edited May 2016
    I did not thanks for the info (still handy for testing to speed it up)
    Also a notifier would be nice (new/updated/removed) so I know why app maybe is not working anymore after automatic update

-- Edit 
    My auto-update is indeed off
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    I noticed that if auto-update is off, also apps are not updated (logically).
    The only way to find out if there's a new app versions, is to mannually compare version numbers on #homey:manager:apps and app store page.

So would be nice if;
    8. There's a new App version release, the #homey:manager:apps shows a exclamation mark beside version number of that app.
  • Some of these suggestions are already on Athom list on Trello:
    https://trello.com/c/eImHwEOv/57-notification-center
  • JooleeJoolee Member
    edited May 2016
    9. Usage of normal clickable links to app pages instead of JavaScript. The 'a' tag exists, use it!

10. Remember scroll location of the app listing page when using the back button of the browser (could be solved by implementing 9)

11. Screenshots

12. Update log

13. Ability to dismiss installation window and continue installation in background (It's serverside anyway, way do I have to wait?)

Until 9 and 10 are solved, the app store is usable to install a single app but casually browsing to explore interesting apps is a no-go.
  • JooleeJoolee Member
    edited May 2016
    Joolee said:
    9. Usage of normal clickable links to app pages instead of JavaScript. The a tag exists, use it! 10. Remember scroll location of the app listing page when using the back button of the browser (could be solved by implementing 9) 11. Screenshots 12. Update log 13. Ability to dismiss installation window and continue installation in background (It's serverside anyway, way do I have to wait?) Until 9 and 10 are solved, the app store is usable to install a single app but casually browsing to explore interesting apps is a no-go.
    Forum request; ability to edit posts XD

Firefox tracking prevention blocked some script. I do miss a way to logout of the forum however.
  • 14. Change the order of the comments, the latest first. 

15. Only show comments for the current app version, provide a button to show comments for older versions. 
  • jordenjorden Member
    16. I miss being able to respond to messages, when a new version of an app is submitted for approval.

17. It would be nice to receive a message if someone leaves a message on your app page.