This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Flow Logic i.e. OR statements, READ value

Hi,

I know I bought a beta product and think it is (potentially) absolutely amazing! And I might be doing something wrong, but coming from a different domotica system, I am missing two, in my opinion, key features. 
1. The OR functionality within a trigger. E.g. I want to trigger a lights ON function from either a button or speech. Same exact flow, only two different triggers.
2. The READ functionality. E.g. I want Homey to tell me the temperature from a Fibare Motion Sensor when I ask something like 'room temperature'.

Comments

• Thanks for the reply!

I do think that approach is cumbersome however. Since I bought Homey to replace my central hub it has to communicate with 30+ devices. Let's say each device has 2 relevant variables. That means over 60 flows 'just' to enable basic functionality. 

Again - I much appreciate the fast help from a fellow Homey admirer. Thanks. 
  • Temperature/Temperatuur is a built-in command.
    If you just say 'ok homey, temperature', it will tell you the temperature....
  • BumblezBumblez Member
    edited April 2016
    Fire69 said:
    Temperature/Temperatuur is a built-in command.
    If you just say 'ok homey, temperature', it will tell you the temperature....
    Are you sure? That doesn't work for me. And I don't think Homey has a built-in thermometer, so if they have a built-in temperature command, the only thing it could tell you (by means of an internet query), is the outdoor temperature at your location...
  • Hmm, doesn't work here, does  your homey have a thermometer added or is it using a zwave device? 
  • It reports the temperature only if you have a device that can measure temperature :)
    In my situation, it uses the temp from my Fibaro motion sensor.
    " The temperature is 22.6 degrees"
  • EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    OK Homey, what's the temperature in the living room? -> Average temperature from all devices that can measure temperature in your living room
  • I have a ThermoSmart thermostat linked to Homey, but that command still does nothing...
  • Emile said:
    OK Homey, what's the temperature in the living room? -> Average temperature from all devices that can measure temperature in your living room
    That is actually a very neat feature! Thanks.

But still... I would like to add the OR and READ as a suggestions. So many applications for that. 
  • ARJARJ Member
    Can't get it working. Should this also work from the speech-input?
  • Emile said:

Very accurate indeed!
  • Haha, I suppose that could use some tweaking, but that's just a side effect of floating point math in a binary system :smile: 
This discussion has been closed.