This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

124»

Comments

• JesperJesper Member
    edited April 2016
    I get the following message when opening the android app. Unplugging the Homey and start it up again fixed the issue at first but a few hours later I got the same problem. Version 8.30 and added only 3 KaKu devices and the Fibaro motion sensor Z Wave plus. More people experiencing the same problem?

• @JohanKuster the geek info shows Homey is running NodeJS 4.4.2. It's a typ-o in the release notes. Perhaps that causes the incompatibility.

@Jesper the web module crashes after some time perhaps related to a memory issue due to incorrect garbage collection. Hopefully solved in 0.8.31.
  • MarkVanWindenMarkVanWinden Member
    edited April 2016
    Can wait to get my homey to work, and dump my homewizzard. 

Only thing it does now it tipping over because of the usb cable.... ;)
  • Phuturist said:
    @JohanKuster the geek info shows Homey is running NodeJS 4.4.2. It's a typ-o in the release notes. Perhaps that causes the incompatibility.

@Jesper the web module crashes after some time perhaps related to a memory issue due to incorrect garbage collection. Hopefully solved in 0.8.31.

@Phuturist still strange that the debugger is complaining about the version of Module that should not be in the 4.4.2. release
  • MatjaLipuMatjaLipu Member
    edited April 2016
    In settings -> system -> geek I see:
    homey_version 0.8.30
    node_version v4.4.2
    When you install node modules (npm install) make sure you're using correct node version.
    Also keep in mind Homey apps does not support packages with native code.
  • MatjaLipu said:
    In settings -> system -> geek I see:
    homey_version 0.8.30
    node_version v4.4.2
    When you install node modules (npm install) make sure you're using correct node version.
    Also keep in mind Homey apps does not support packages with native code.

Ahhh, thanks for the hint. I upgraded Node js on my PI to the same version that is used on Homey but I probably need to reinstall the node module I am using.
  • Still having problems with loading of Kodi app. (not working) is this going to be addressed in version 8.31?
  • BasPostBasPost Member
    edited April 2016
    I have troubles installing:  
    - Harmony app  
    - CouchPotato app  

All on 0.8.30  

EDIT:  
    After rebooting I was able to install IFTTT app, but CouchPotato and Harmony app refuses to install
  • See github issue #462 should be solved in 0.8.31
  • BumblezBumblez Member
    edited April 2016
    @BasPost - did you try rebooting your Homey? I noticed that I could install 2 apps at a time, then the third one would always fail. But after a reboot, I could install 2 more (with some exceptions... still haven't been able to install the Kodi and Harmony apps... they always fail, so hopefully that will be solved in 0.8.31). That's how I got IFTTT to install...
  • TedTolboomTedTolboom Member
    edited April 2016
    @Bumblez same experience here...

yesterday I was (eventhough I tried before) also able to install Better Logic and CountDown, but Kodi and BuienRadar keeps failing.. Even several reboots did not change it from failing to install
  • BumblezBumblez Member
    edited April 2016
    I did manage to install BuienRadar, but maybe that's because it was one of the first two that I installed...

[Edit] looking at the System Info, I see that, at 4.2MB, BuienRadar definitely is the largest app that I was able to install. Based on these symptons, I get the impression that these issues may be related to the size of the app, in combination with the size of the available (temp) installation folder...
  • Is there the last days something changed bij thee voice servers? Homey voice worked fine, but after 2 days It went horroble. Ok Homey trigger is working 80% well
  • Gerjan said:
    Is there the last days something changed bij thee voice servers? Homey voice worked fine, but after 2 days It went horroble. Ok Homey trigger is working 80% well
    For me it looks like in the day it works pretty good but in the evening it is really bad
  • mruitermruiter Member
    edited April 2016
      Milestone .33 just got created this morning. The wait for a new version is killing me  :s
  • Yeah, me too! How do you know about this?

• Yeah, me too! How do you know about this?

When you are on github with the view of issues you can click a button Milestones on the right.
    Theres also a backup and restore milstone created a few days ago so lets hope we will have that also in the near future
  • I'm anxious waiting for the new update, 2 apps I would love to test, I can't Install from the appstore, Harmony Hub app and CouchPotato app. Also KaKu stops working after 24-48 hours. these are 2 most important errors for me, so Homey is pretty useless for me at the moment

• weejewel
     [01:18] Late night coding; added session support to speech. So when you talk to a smartphone (or any other client, who knows), Homey talks back to that device, instead of the internal speaker.
    weejewel [01:18] As of 0.8.33

nlrb
     [08:11] @weejewel: so you're not releasing 0.31?
    weejewel [11:22] @nlrb we’re trying to release it as fast as we can
  • they made milestone .33 so i guess that will be the release for now. 
  • I can't seem to reset to factory settings. When I start the reset procedure homey does the countdown, after that de pulsating red/orange ring and creates a wifi hotspot. But when on the setup page and changing my wifi to the homey hotspot nothing changes.
    when i replug the power all my old settings are present again.
  • mruiter said:

Yeah, me too! How do you know about this?

When you are on github with the view of issues you can click a button Milestones on the right.
    Theres also a backup and restore milstone created a few days ago so lets hope we will have that also in the near future
    Thanks, I missed that.
  • JoostVanHulstJoostVanHulst Member
    edited April 2016

My values are pretty high (rarely below 1). All this time I'm running 0 apps, 0 flows
    resetting is not possible as I described above.

also storage space doesn't work at my homey
  • posthokposthok Member
    edited April 2016
    Kaku stopped working again. My wife is going crazy (lights off or no lights at all). Unplugged it and wait for the next software release. Domoticz is ruling now.

• SommoSommo Member
    unfortunately, i unplugged homey 2 weeks ago, need best software/firmware for running it again..we are talking about not minor bug.. (like can't turn in blue color the hue..).. hope to get here soon
  • Well, my Homey 'died' on me today...
    It crashed or something this morning, I could ping it but that's it.
    After unplugging and plugging it back in, got a red ring
    So I tried a reset without erasing data, could do the setup but after that it kept turning orange.
    After waiting half an hour I unplugged it, now I'm back at the red ring  :'(
    Don't want to do a full reset, having to redo all the flows and settings for the apps is a real pain in the *ss...  :|

I don't get why it can stop working just like that...
  • Karma...... 

But done with the fun.
    Had the same. power unplugged and in gave red ring again.
    Unplugged it from power for a few hours and it worked again.... Do the long time no power tryout