This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Aeon Multisensor 6: has anyone managed to pair it with Homey?

1235»

Comments

• This is my first Z-Wave device. However, it seems that my Homey does not add any Z-wave device (perhaps I'm doing something wrong)  - v.8.30:

I press 'add device' under the 'zones & devices menu'  after which a empty screen pops up with the title 'Follow the instructions..." I have tried the action button (both unsecure (green) & secure (blue)) modes on the aeotec to see if it triggers something.. but nothing happens.
  • That is the right procedure. Do you see the spinning circle in the dialog? (Do you use Chrome?)
    How close do you hold the sensor when pairing it? I hold it as close as possible.

• update:

Still looking for the movement sensor...
    Every 2 hours an update
    and during daytime I get a push notification when one of the sensors has changed...
    So partly working.

• JerryvdvJerryvdv Member
    edited April 2016

That is the right procedure. Do you see the spinning circle in the dialog? (Do you use Chrome?)
    How close do you hold the sensor when pairing it? I hold it as close as possible.

After a hard reset Homey was able to find the sensor (based on your comment I've put it right next to Homey). Thanks for that.

However, it is recognized as a generic on/off device when pairing as insecure device.. 
    As a secure device it is recognized as a sensor however, I'm unable to see it functioning (i.e. it is not visible in insights). Do I need to input z-wave configuration parameters myself?

*update* after another reboot it appears the sensor is up and running.
  • DaneeDeKruyffDaneeDeKruyff Member
    edited April 2016
    0.8.30 broke the ability to succesfully pair it non-secure. It also broke the detection of movement (this may be deliberatly switched off, not sure yet) but for motion detection you would need to set 5,1,2 (makes the sensor send binary reports) 
    You should be seeing Luminance, Temperature, Humidity, Battery and Generic Alarm in Insights but oly the first 4 will show data.
    I'm not sure how to get data in Insights, I do think it helps to manually press the Action Button to let the sensor send frames.

btw, look at my post on the 8th of April in this thread, it's a screenshot with my setting and it ha a link to documentation on the sensor.
  • EDVEDV Member

How is it possible that some users can connect this sensor properly and others like me not?, Is it different firmware in the sensor?
    I tried it 30 times secure and non secure but it only add's as a generic device and not as a multisensor...

And without error logs to view it is not possible to know why it does this.

• White Smoke.

Via the info from @DaneeDeKruyff I have managed to get it online.
    All sensors showing.
    I'm at .32 and have set up 5,1,2, No more (yet) but !!! Good news.
    See if it works, but at least it shows.