This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Ask for confirmation...I said no...now what?

JohanKusterJohanKuster Member
edited April 2016 in Archive
Was playing with homey and showed it to my son. Homey asked him if he was Ruben when he entered the room. When he answers yes, Homey would greet him. He told me that it would be nice if an alarm went off when he would answer no. Simple question but not possible when using the 'Ask for confirmation'.

In short: it would be nice if you could define a group of actions that are activated when a group of conditions are met. So what I am suggesting is that you can label conditions and actions. The conditions with the same label trigger the actions that also have that label. Sounds simpel. Of course you should be able to enter 2 labels for this 'Ask for confirmation' condition.

Comments

• PeaoPeao Member
    edited April 2016
    I think that is a good idea, but as far as I think it would not "fit" the flow-scheme. Your idea is more effective, though.
    With the flow-scheme you could do this to meet your sons requirements:

Note: You need to disable Flow 2 and 3 before your first use.

Flow 1: when [Motion sensor triggered] then [Homey says: "Are you Ruben?"] + [Enable Flow 2] + [Enable Flow 3] + [Enable microphone]

Flow 2: when [You said "Yes"] then [Homey says: "Greetings".] + [Disable Flow 2] + [Disable Flow 3]

Flow 3: when [You said "No"] then [Homey says: "Warning. Selfdestruct in 5. 4. 3. 2. 1.".] + [Turn on Siren] + [Disable Flow 2] + [Disable Flow 3]

At Flow 3 you could change the trigger [You  said "No"] to [You said anything] and put the [TEXT] variable to the "and..." column to [Logic: does not contain: "Yes]. This will allow you to trigger the "alarm" with any other answer then "yes".
    To make it even better you could change "Yes" to a password :wink: 

But anyways, it is a bit complicated with those flows, but you can do nearly everything with them. My wishes are, that they implement a better overview of flows and a grouping option, e.g. "Alarm Flows", "Entertainment Flows", "Whiteware Flows" ...

As said before, I like your idea and it is more effective, as hybrid-solution they could maybe split the "Ask for confirmation" "..then"-category into two action-sections. And it would be cool if there will be a custom "Ask"-Card where you could choose the keywords. This would simplify this a lot. But as showed above, its already possible.
  • And if you could also label the triggers and allow more than 1 trigger in a flow.... Interesting possibilities I see.
  • PeaoPeao Member
    edited April 2016
    Yep, more than one trigger would be awesome, too! That would solve a lot problems.
    E.g. If you would like to use a value of a variable there must be a variable card in the "when..." colum, because only those cards have the black boxes that you can put into other cards. At the moment you are not able to set up a flow like:

When [You said "What temperature is in the kitchen"] then [Homey Says:"It is [Variable] degrees celsius"]

Because there is no card to drag the [Variable] box from this wont work

With your idea you could put two trigger cards: [You said"..."] + [Variable: "Kitchen temperature" is set] (which has a dragable black variable box)
  • Peao said:
    I think that is a good idea, but as far as I think it would not "fit" the flow-scheme. Your idea is more effective, though.

Flow 1: when [Motion sensor triggered] then [Homey says: "Are you Ruben?"] + [Enable Flow 2] + [Enable Flow 3] + [Enable microphone]

Flow 2: when [You said "Yes"] then [Homey says: "Greetings".] + [Disable Flow 2] + [Disable Flow 3]

Flow 3: when [You said "No"] then [Homey says: "Warning. Selfdestruct in 5. 4. 3. 2. 1.".] + [Turn on Siren] + [Disable Flow 2] + [Disable Flow 3]

At Flow 3 you could change the trigger [You  said "No"] to [You said anything] and put the [TEXT] variable to the "and..." column to [Logic: does not contain: "Yes]. This will allow you to trigger the "alarm" with any other answer then "yes".

But anyways, it is a bit complicated with those flows, but you can do nearly everything with them. My wishes are, that they implement a better overview of flows and a grouping option, e.g. "Alarm Flows", "Entertainment Flows", "Whiteware Flows" ...

As said before, I like your idea and it is more effective, as hybrid-solution they could maybe split the "Ask for confirmation" "..then"-category into two action-sections. And it would be cool if there will be a custom "Ask"-Card where you could choose the keywords. This would simplify this a lot. But as showed above, its already possible.

Thanks. Indeed that should work but it is not an 'even my mommy can do this' type of solution.
    I'm gonna try this tonight. Wondering what will happen if I don't say anything ;-).
  • Of course the labels should be optional. A flow element can have more than 1 label though. In a context where labels are used, the flow elements that have no label are always on.  It would also be nice to make the logic visible by giving the flow elements that have the same label a colour. But what to do if they have more than 1 label?
  • PeaoPeao Member
    Peao said:

Thanks. Indeed that should work but it is not an 'even my mommy can do this' type of solution.
    I'm gonna try this tonight. Wondering what will happen if I don't say anything ;-).
    Yep, its not that simple.
    I just realised that the "Enable Microphone" is not for continue listening, it's just to activates homey microphone again once it was muted. :neutral:  so we need another card for this solution, which forces an "ok homey"-trigger so homey starts listening again after this flow.
  • SommoSommo Member
    we need better flow's management.. OR is needed then/else too.. 3 column are not sufficient, also flows need group like mentioned @Peao ;
  • JohanKusterJohanKuster Member
    edited April 2016
    @Peao You could probably solve the problem by using a few timers via the new Countdown app. Pfff I don't want to go that way.

We need more functionality. A Blockly kind of interface would be great like the one used by Domoticz or Zipato: https://www.zipato.com/how-it-works/rule-creator/
  • Ok, this should work

Flow1 : when [Motion sensor triggered] then  [start Countdown1 1 sec] + [start Countdown2 10 sec] 
    Flow2 : when [Countdown1] and [Confirmation : "Are you Ruben?"]  then ["Greetings Ruben"] + [stop Countdown2]
    Flow3 : when [Countdown2] then ["warning"] + [Play a sound "Alarm.wav"]

Now I have to teach the dog and cats to say yes  :D
  • Don't know what is easear, learn the cat to say Yes or Homey to learn that "Miauw" = "Yes".
    We have two cats.....

• Agree, this needs to be added. For example, at 11pm I have a flow that asks if I want to turn the lights out, if I say no, or don't respond, I'd like some options, at least if I don't respond, it would be nice for it to turn the lights out as I'm likely not at home :-)
  • BumblezBumblez Member
    MarkSwift said:
    ...at least if I don't respond, it would be nice for it to turn the lights out as I'm likely not at home :-)
    Then you'll end up in darkness if you reply too late, or if you happen to be just a little to far away from Homey to correctly interpret your response...
  • Bumblez said:
    MarkSwift said:
    ...at least if I don't respond, it would be nice for it to turn the lights out as I'm likely not at home :-)
    Then you'll end up in darkness if you reply too late, or if you happen to be just a little to far away from Homey to correctly interpret your response...
    Hopefully it will allow for a reasonable amount of time...
This discussion has been closed.