This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Music level

Hi,
I read it more and more here, about the music being to loud when you want to say something to homey and people who make flows to lower the volume when homey should listen. But...I don't know where I saw/read this but I remember that homey should be doing that by default. I thought it was build in.
So when you say "ok homey" , homey puts the music volume down to listen to you and afterwards it puts it back to the old volume.

greetings,
Aaron

Comments

• Homey cannot control everything. And not everybody wants Homey to lower the volume of everything automaticly. So no, it doesn't do that automaticly, and it shouldn't.
  • But it's easy to create a flow for this so it's user-configurable...
  • Aaron said:
    Hi,
    I read it more and more here, about the music being to loud when you want to say something to homey and people who make flows to lower the volume when homey should listen. But...I don't know where I saw/read this but I remember that homey should be doing that by default. I thought it was build in.
    So when you say "ok homey" , homey puts the music volume down to listen to you and afterwards it puts it back to the old volume.

greetings,
    Aaron
    This is probably only true if you are playing music through the speaker built into Homey.
    If you want it to lower the volume on any other device, you will need to create a flow for that.
  • Maybe it's an idea to have a button (on a remote or something like this) that you can press when there is loud music. Pressing this button will pause/mute the media and will activate homey to listen to you.
  • SommoSommo Member
    edited April 2016
    Aaron said:
    Hi,

greetings,
    Aaron
    we're talking about in yamaha app discussion, ideally speaking is a good idea, but need more variable, i created a flow but there are so many fake triggering that make homey switch down up the volume too many times neutral 
  • RonnORonnO Member
    Fire69 said:
    Aaron said:
    Hi,

greetings,
    Aaron
    This is probably only true if you are playing music through the speaker built into Homey.
    If you want it to lower the volume on any other device, you will need to create a flow for that.
    Any suggestions on what this flow should look like - when using Sonos?
  • You could easily do this with 2 flows:

WHEN homey starts listening
    AND music on sonos is playing
    THEN set music level to 5% on sonos speaker

+

WHEN homey stops listening
    AND music on sonos is playing
    THEN set music level to 30% on sonos speaker

---
    Obviously the AND and THEN cards should be made available in the sonos app  :) .

What I personally think is missing currently is that there's no drop token field for slider action cards. This would be really cool as you'd be able to store the original volume when homey starts listening and restore the original volume when homey stops listening. I think I already suggested this once to @Emile, although I'm not sure :).
  • You could easily do this with 2 flows:

---
    Obviously the AND and THEN cards should be made available in the sonos app  :) .

Why Sonos?  What if I'm watching a movie or listening to the radio or ...
    You have to make these flows for each device that can produce sound then. :)
  • You're right. I can imagine that new media manager will probably solve that problem. In that case "sonos" can be replaced with "media manager".

Although homey still won't know about radio, TV etc.. But maybe with a bit of creativity this can be solved with soms extra flows, perhaps in combination with the better logic app.
  • RonnORonnO Member
    edited April 2016
    Thanks, MartijnHarte!
  • AaronAaron Member
    Yes Fire69, that is what I was thinking. You have to make flows for everything that could be playing... I think we need an app for that.
    An app that could mute every media that is playing at that moment and in the room you are trying to say something to homey. 
    Have the guys that made flows for this, thought of different rooms to? What if I am in the living room and I say something to homey, the music will stop playing throughout the whole house.....not good. My wife and children are on a music break to when I want to say something to homey?

greetings,
    Aaron
  • Wow an app that interact with all other apps, considering who is where.... 
    thats one way to raise the bar ...  :#