This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Aeon Multisensor 6: has anyone managed to pair it with Homey?

Comments

• JonJon Member
    edited April 2016
    Hhhm I got that error when I tried adding it non-secure. Did you try this by clicking once or twice (what color was the led on the sensor?) btw, my homey is still on English, don't think it matters, but I mention it anyway.
    The led was indeed blue after double-clicking it (so not green after single-clicking it). So it's secure, but nonetheless still unsuccessful
    What color is your Aeon's LED after you reset the sensor and before you double-click it to pair it? Does it do a 'color dance' or is it off?
  • While resetting it starts with the 'rainbow' then goes to solid red followed by flashing red. After some time the flashing goes faster and turns into solid green. At that time I let go of the button and the led goes to rainbow for a short time and then switches off. After that I add it to homey.

What node id was given to the sensor? It should be 2 (homey itself is node 1), if it's not 2 the z-wave reset was not complete. 
  • JonJon Member
    edited April 2016
    While resetting it starts with the 'rainbow' then goes to solid red followed by flashing red. After some time the flashing goes faster and turns into solid green. At that time I let go of the button and the led goes to rainbow for a short time and then switches off. After that I add it to homey.

What node id was given to the sensor? It should be 2 (homey itself is node 1), if it's not 2 the z-wave reset was not complete. 
    Okay, your procedure is exactly the same, so that can't be the difference. Just to be sure I also but the interface to English instead of Dutch. Made no difference...

It got node 2 and it said 'secured' was on. See the below screenshot:

• Yeah, does seem it's exactly the same situation but with different results.... The last thing I can think of that may be different is the firmware of the sensor, no idea how to check that though.
  • TacoTaco Member
    Adding it secure or non secure shouldn't matter. Only the interview time will be shorter non secure.

Preform the pairing with the device close to Homey. This minimizes the chance on dropped frames. If you're still unable to add the device please powercycle Homey, try the pairing again, send the log and post the code.
  • mruitermruiter Member
    edited April 2016

@Taco Here my logfile 8EF03FE4E0

Z-wave hang when device failed to add. Interview failed , device added as default device. Device in devices page broken. Not able to switch and z-wave becomes completly instable / hanging

The add is the AEOTEC Smart Switch 6

its the exact problem you put as solved on github a few weeks ago. It was never solved.

• mruitermruiter Member
    edited April 2016

@Taco again

And Log EEAC447CB5 for another try to add it.
    This log also has the Danfoss LC-12 Thermostat which does add, but becomes a failure in about 10 minutes

No communication and no temp change when controlling it tru homey

Zwave isn't doing anything anymore and now looks completely death. No data is being received in the insights

• JonJon Member
    edited April 2016
    @mruiter, hey hey you're now highjacking the Aeon (sensor) topic. That's not allowed!  ;) 
  • mruitermruiter Member
    edited April 2016

Let me tell you a secret.... None of the AEOTEC sensors /switches / modules work. They all have problems.
    And i'm feeding as much data at where Taco is, maybee z-wave will get useable then i a few months because now its useless. Not much works, let alone that its someting you can count on.

I have a box with a value of more then 1500 euros of zwave stuff thats still useless :)

I know its beta but hoping it will get prerelease soon

• JonJon Member
    Hey @mruiter that sounds pretty frustrating for you. And not only for you. Let's only hope thing will improve in the (near) future.
    @Taco here's my log file ID: 10810C0E1F
  • I am a n00b at Z-wave but my Fibaro motion sensor works like a charm. Perhaps Homey gets confused when it has to deal with more Z-wave devices.
  • @mruiter @jon quick update here. Even though the multisensor is recognized and visible in homey and the generic alarm is visible in insights now it's not working as desired. No info is send to homey unless I click the button on the sensor. When I click it it seems only Luminance and Temperature is sent. I have another multisensor still in it's box, I'll try adding that one and see what happens.

Btw, I. Also have the water sensor and smart switch, no luck with them either but I'm focusing on the multi sensor right now.
  • JonJon Member
    Seems that there are some serious issues with Aeon / Aeotec stuff, can you confirm this @Taco?
  • I think there are some serious issues with Z-wave in general.
  • TacoTaco Member
    Working very hard to get it more stable. When I test it at the office everything work fine but in the field there are a lot more variables. The logs are very helpful to identify use cases that fail. Most errors I encounter in the logs are devices not acking commands or frames that are requested aren't received. With those it is very hard to identify the real cause.

About the multisensor 6. I'm able to pair it at the office no problem on 0.8.30.
  • TacoTaco Member
    @mruiter If I have closed an issue but it still doesn't work on the given version, just comment on the issue and I'll reopen it. I close issues if I've fixed the cause as I see them in the logs. It is possible a different bug gives the same result making it look like the issue isn't solved. If this is the case I would appreciate if you could send another log on a newer version. I'll be happy to dive into it.
  • JonJon Member
    Taco said:
    Working very hard to get it more stable. When I test it at the office everything work fine but in the field there are a lot more variables. The logs are very helpful to identify use cases that fail. Most errors I encounter in the logs are devices not acking commands or frames that are requested aren't received. With those it is very hard to identify the real cause.

About the multisensor 6. I'm able to pair it at the office no problem on 0.8.30.
    Okay, so you now tempt us to go to 0.8.30 to have this bug solved...? ;)
    I'd rather stay on .29 'stable' to avoid any other bugs...
  • mruitermruiter Member
    edited April 2016
    Taco said:
    @mruiter If I have closed an issue but it still doesn't work on the given version, just comment on the issue and I'll reopen it. I close issues if I've fixed the cause as I see them in the logs. It is possible a different bug gives the same result making it look like the issue isn't solved. If this is the case I would appreciate if you could send another log on a newer version. I'll be happy to dive into it.
    i did but never got reopend

@taco just for formailities i just put a second message of not fixed on the github :)
    https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/324

• TacoTaco Member
    Seen it and reopened. Sorry I've missed your previous comment on the issue.
  • Taco said:

Great! After pairing, what capabilities are available at the device?
    I get Generic Alarm, Luminance, Temperature and Battery (Even when USB powered) but no values are shown below the icons at all.
    In Insights I get Luminance and Temprature for 1 unit and the other one shows Luminance, Temperature and Generic Alarm. It seems however that no data is sent to homey untill I click the Action Button (once for non-secure data frame and twice for secure data frame) and the Generic Alarm is never triggered.

• Ok, so overnight more and more data was showing up in insights, first some irregular temperature information and later on luminance, even movement is picked up by the one sensor that shows Generic Alarm. Very strange.. Haven't changed anything in the config since yesterday evening.
  • Jon said:
    Hey @mruiter that sounds pretty frustrating for you. And not only for you. Let's only hope thing will improve in the (near) future.
    @Taco here's my log file ID: 10810C0E1F
    @Taco This is my log : 0D99067BA3
    Same problems as stated above.

• DaneeDeKruyffDaneeDeKruyff Member
    edited April 2016
    Today I removed the multisensor that I had connected secure and only showed luminance and temperature and added it non-secure. At first only luminance and temperature was shown and logged in insights, but after I performed what I beleive is the way to 'activate' the motion sensor, the generic alarm showed up in insights and is working well now.

How to activate the motion sensor? Well it sounds strange but it looks like you have to 'agitate' the sensor after pressing the action button. So, after the luminance and temperature showed up in insights I pressed the action button and tapped and waved the sensor around untill the led turned of. Generic alarm did not appear right away, but only the second time a movement was detected (remember, the sensor has a build in countdown timer of 4 minutes before another generic alarm will be triggered)
    I've added and removed the sensors multiple times now and are 99% sure the method above is the way to get the generic alarm working. (Adding it non-secure and setting data to 5,1,2)
  • @Taco some things seem to work...???
    Log : F3A76D1644
  • @DaneeDeKruyff : this looks more like it's an issue with the sensor and not with Homey? It takes some effort to get it to send signals? I wonder whether this would work securely too?
  • @DaneeDeKruyff : this looks more like it's an issue with the sensor and not with Homey? It takes some effort to get it to send signals? I wonder whether this would work securely too?
    Well, I'm not sure if it's a hardware issue with the sensors (I have multiple) or just with the way it works. When the action button is pressed, a special frame is send, containing all information, to me it looks homey only creates an entry in insights after this particular frame is sent. When data is sent on a regular interval I presume the frame is slightly different and no entry is created but data is added to an earlier created entry. Although I'm guessing here, I can reproduce this every time with the multisensor, and also with the Aeotec water sensor.
    maybe @taco can comment on this.

I've tried the same procedure with a securly added senser, but have not been able to get the generic alarm show up. (By now I think I've added, removed, reset the sensors and the zwave network over 10 times and I'm able to reproduce this every time)
  • JonJon Member
    So all in all, @DaneeDeKruyff Did you get the sensor to work properly or not yet? :/
  • Well, it reports Temperature, Luminance and Movement when added non-secure.

It's functional, but missing Humidity, UV and Vibration (the tamper alarm) so 3 down, 3 to go I'd say.

• JonJon Member
    @DaneeDeKruyff well, at least those 3 are the ones that I (and I'm suren many) will need the most. So that's a good thing ;)
    Would you perhaps be able to post a short movie on how exactly you add your sensor? I have tried over and over again, while reading your previous posts but it just doesn't work somehow. My sensor is only added as a generic on/off device.
  • aloftaloft Member

Well, it reports Temperature, Luminance and Movement when added non-secure.

It's functional, but missing Humidity, UV and Vibration (the tamper alarm) so 3 down, 3 to go I'd say.

Humidity is reported in https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/387 ; should be solved in 0.8.30