This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

So we've received the new 'OK Homey' trigger...

EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
... and I've just done a few tests, and so far I'm really impressed by the accuracy! I haven't seen a false positive yet (where Homey triggers when you didn't say OK Homey), and it even works mid-sentence (e.g. "This is an example sentence that will OK Homey be heard").

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gvf4o0y1p4m7ktj/okhomey.mp4?dl=0

We're going to finetune it in the upcoming week, and ship it in an update when it's ready!

Then, what's left for speech to work awesome:
- Finetune the microphones (we're halfway)
- Fix the 'Oops, I couldn't reach the server' problem

Comments

• Awsome one of the most frustrating issues will be squashed. :)!
  • tunftunf Member
    Thanks for the info @Emile we missed you on the forum last week but this is great news!

• indeed the great news, in contrary to the weather which is cold and windy and sunless
  • EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    tunf said:
    Thanks for the info @Emile we missed you on the forum last week but this is great news!

Aww ❤ I've been working very hard on polishing Homey before we ship to the rest of Kickstarter, and figured the Forum can handle itself just fine :-D

• honeyhoney Member
    Wow, that is very promising! 3 bottle of coke? Long sleepless nights... or just water for the plants :smile: 

• Awesome! I am very eager for this. The amount of 'false positives' during movies was annoying.
  • EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    Watching star wars at the moment and still got no false positives :) :) 
  • OK, Yoda :)
  • Emile said:
    Watching star wars at the moment and still got no false positives :) :) 
    So training is still needed ? Or is it optional ? The next update will add also the microphone fixes ?
  • Great news waiting impatiently for my Homey ...
  • Thanks !!! Looking.... eehh sounding great @emile
  • WillWill Member
    last two days a lot of can't reach the server. Would be very nice to kill that bug.
    Also the voice eagerly awaited.
  • Will said:
    last two days a lot of can't reach the server. Would be very nice to kill that bug.
    Also the voice eagerly awaited.
    Same here, Homey is saying this all the time, so even pulled the plug for a few hours :-( 
  • The same for me. "Oeps, ik kon de server niet bereiken. Probeer het later nog eens."

The speech training is much improved. There is more feedback. For the first time, Homey finally recognize my voice.
  • The same for me. "Oeps, ik kon de server niet bereiken. Probeer het later nog eens."

The speech training is much improved. There is more feedback. For the first time, Homey finally recognize my voice.
    The same here. 
    Only Homey stutters a lot. It looks Homey says "Oeps, ik kon de ### server niet bereiken. Probeer het later nog eens."
  • Homey filters the F-word?  :D
    Or the new provider of the speech engine.
  • Had oops being triggered all weekend, wife swearing at it and me every time it happens... a fix couldn't come quick enough!!!
  • AthomeyAthomey Member
    edited March 2016
    Just give Homey the easy to reach options in settings to set volume a lot lower, to switch off voice ALL of it, or to switch off these statusmessages produced by Homey itself. Why not multiple volume sliders from 0% to 100% for different kinds of output, music, talking by flows, talking by Homey statusses. Pretty please!

(I know I can do it by REST-call and such, but need an easy to reach option that the mother of Emile can also use.)

((It's horrible now. Got a big WAF problem with Homey here also. Not only my house not functioning correctly yet (part done by Homey, part by Fibaro HC2, part by Vera, all three not doing a good job yet, though HC2 wins by far right now))).  

:smile: 
  • WillWill Member
    At this moment with Homey all Oopsing around the biggest issue is the WAF acceptance.
    She's close to writing it off before Hoemy even started :)
  • For now, just use a flow to set the loudness. Easiest way. 
  • DaneeDeKruyffDaneeDeKruyff Member
    edited March 2016
    Athomey said:
    Just give Homey the easy to reach options in settings to set volume a lot lower, to switch off voice ALL of it, or to switch off these statusmessages produced by Homey itself. Why not multiple volume sliders from 0% to 100% for different kinds of output, music, talking by flows, talking by Homey statusses. Pretty please!
    I hope @emile will listen to this request, every thing I know that produces sounds has volume control build in, seems like a no brainer to me.
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited March 2016
    I know its 'against" Homey philosophy, but system critical problems should be pushed to the user/owner of the system and not through the speaker.
    If i'm away for a day I can't hear the speaker....
    and
    An average person is out of his living room for 15-18 hours a day and all that time spoken message about system critical things are ...... and all these hours that i'm away i would like to receive push messages because i can read these message at a time its best for me and i always receive message about the system.

And i know for sure that my wife will unplug homey if its shouting 12 times a hour "Oops....." will i'm not a home and can't fix it......
  • MarcoF said:
    I know its 'against" Homey philosophy, but system critical problems should be pushed to the user/owner of the system and not through the speaker.
    If i'm away for a day I can't hear the speaker....
    and
    An average person is out of his living room for 15-18 hours a day and all that time spoken message about system critical things are ...... and all these hours that i'm away i would like to receive push messages because i can read these message at a time its best for me and i always receive message about the system.

And i know for sure that my wife will unplug homey if its shouting 12 times a hour "Oops....." will i'm not a home and can't fix it......
    Completely agree with this :)

Although I think the 'Oops...' only occurs because Homey triggers when it shouldn't, right?
    My Homey never triggers (and I litteraly mean NEVER :angry: ), and I've never had the 'Oops'.
  • Fire69 said:
    My Homey never triggers (and I litteraly mean NEVER :angry: ), and I've never had the 'Oops'.
    elk nadeel heb zijn voordeel ;)
  • PeaoPeao Member
    Before my vacation my Homey trigger worked fine, but now (1 month later) my trigger doesn't work. Maybe my voice changed :dizzy:  or it's because I updated to .24

The voice training isn't working either. (Says too loud and if I lower my volume it asks me to speak more clearly :sweat: )

I hope this new "ok homey" triggers will come soon :smiley: 

• kitkatkitkat Member
    edited April 2016
    Peao said:
    Before my vacation my Homey trigger worked fine, but now (1 month later) my trigger doesn't work. Maybe my voice changed dizzy  or it's because I updated to .24

The voice training isn't working either. (Says too loud and if I lower my volume it asks me to speak more clearly sweat )

I hope this new "ok homey" triggers will come soon smiley 

Exact same issue...doesnt respond on anything. Training or normal i thought we are going forward not backward XD
  • .24 did that to me also.
    Hope .25 solves it again (along with other problems ofcourse :) )
  • tunftunf Member
    i heard that the ok homey is giving so much issues that i will be changed to okidoki homey, i think this is due to the fact that this will not occure in movies.
  • TedTolboomTedTolboom Member
    edited April 2016
    New trigger is working great on 0.8.27! Great work @Emile and @Athom
    @tunf .. the new trigger even listens to okidoki (without homey)   B) 
  • @tunf .. the new trigger even listens to okidoki (without homey)   B) 
    It shouldn't!
This discussion has been closed.