This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Timers (sunset/sunrise)

MarkVanWindenMarkVanWinden Member
edited May 2015 in Archive

Hello,

Is it possible to let homey Turn on my KAKU switches every day 10 minutes after sunset? And turn them off every day at 23:00.
Sunset is never the same so It changes every day a couple of minutes. Today 19-5 sunrise is 5:38 and sunset is 21:33.

Greatings Mark

Comments

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom

yup :)

• BasPostBasPost Member

Is it also possible to turn off the lights every day at 23:00 with a random time frame, for example 15min?
    So every day the lights will turn off between 23:00 - 23:15 in random order by 1 minute? This, to create affect of being home and not a program.
    This is possible with my Nodo (Nodo Domotica on Arduino)

• MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited May 2015

For me it would be great if this is possible;
    1. create light groups which turn light on/off (livingroom, bathroom, firstfloor, etc)
    2. Setting for the group which make it possible to switch the lights for that group on/off simultaneously, random, X seconds after each other, etc
    3. Let these groups run at random based on a fixed time +/- XX seconds/minutes.

For our Hue lights, we have several groups that we use with combinations of lights and colors(bulbs and livingscolors).
    Now these lights go on/off simultaneously and that's not a problem, but some randomness in turn the lights on/off would be great!

• Fire69Fire69 Member

+1 :)

• JulianJulian Member

Ah, great to hear the sunset/sunrise option is implemented, thumbs up for that Emile!

And +1 for the option mentioned by BasPost, I for instance had the closing of the bedroom curtains linked to the sunset but now when the days are getting longer I had to change them to a fixed time. When some randomness can be applied to the timeframe that would be great!

• MarcoFMarcoF Member

@Julian;
    when time > 21:00 or sunset == true then close curtains.

Sunset/sunrise will simply be a trigger card.

For the randomness, you can specify delay, but also a range, which is then randomly picked.

• Not exactly sure what trigger card means. But can it be used as a condition? For example :
    If movement in the kitchen && sunset -> Switch Kitchen lights on.
    Or trigger card means it can only be used as a trigger like
    When sunset close the blinds.
    ?

Ah, yes, of course! I'll add both a trigger and condition.

Trigger = something happens
    Condition = something is true and can be checked at any time

• cool! This is something I always thought was missing out of the box from my smartthings.

edited May 2015

Ah, yes, of course! I'll add both a trigger and condition.

Trigger = something happens

Condition = something is true and can be checked at any time

• JulianJulian Member

@MarcoF Thanks, I forgot Homey is so much more advanced for these kind of scenes :-)

• hi, i have a PLC connected with my network (my domestic alarm system). will it be possible to retrieve inputs (alarm on/of, motion detection done by numurous PIR's) and use them as input for homey? the same for its outputs manupulated by speach or homey' decisions?

This discussion has been closed.